Closing Time!!

How long does the point transfer process usually take? Or, after closing how long should I expect to wait?
It took me nine days from closing (Tues 9/19 to Thurs 9/28) to get my member number, activation code, points, and trip booked. I called Tuesday 9/26 and was told my docs were received by Disney on Thurs 9/21 (two days after closing) but had not been processed yet. I skipped calling Wednesday but when I called Thursday it had been taken care of.

I dont think ours is ever going to close now they received the new docs I have the fedex showing they received it and they are claiming they didnt get it...sigh

Brenda at *** told me sellers documents must be received before they can close! It's such a bummer being in the dark. I have not received confirmation that sellers documents have been returned so I'm guessing they have not! I just want my points!!
They never confirmed seller's docs were returned. So you may never hear about that. But I didn't even ask.

I am debating emailing *** to see if our seller has returned documents yet? I don't want to be a pest but I feel like since I have already sent in my part and the money had left my account I have the right to know?

Yes? No?
It is worth a try. I see that people get that info sometimes. I just never asked and it was never offered. But we closed so I never worried about it.

I am debating emailing *** to see if our seller has returned documents yet? I don't want to be a pest but I feel like since I have already sent in my part and the money had left my account I have the right to know?

Yes? No?

I would definitely email to ask.

Interesting. We got our member number and activation code on the same day. Though it could be that my stuff was processed the day before and I could've gotten my member number then...I just skipped a day calling in.
And I probably could ave called in later in the day for the activation code. Apparently I called shortly after the member number was generated and when i called back in the afternoon they were closed...pesky time zones.
Mike

we are getting closer never thought this would get done

Home: OKW (E)
Offer made: 7/28
Offer countered & accepted: 7/28
Sent to ROFR: 8/7 Seller was slow to return contract
Passed ROFR: 8/21
Closing docs received: 9/7/17
Closing docs sent back: 9/7/17
Closing:10/6/17 (scheduled for 9/22/17 seller was slow to return, then sent wrong docs and was missing docs)
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

we are getting closer never thought this would get done

Home: OKW (E)
Offer made: 7/28
Offer countered & accepted: 7/28
Sent to ROFR: 8/7 Seller was slow to return contract
Passed ROFR: 8/21
Closing docs received: 9/7/17
Closing docs sent back: 9/7/17
Closing:10/6/17 (scheduled for 9/22/17 seller was slow to return, then sent wrong docs and was missing docs)
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Glad to hear yours is finally closed!

Yes? No?
The broker and escrow agent are getting paid because you are paying them (eg buying this contract) you are not being a pest IMO to ask whether the seller's have returned their documents particularly since you have parted w/ your funds which are now in the escrow account. It's quite reasonable to request an update.

I went to the comptroller site myself to check. I did not wait for a letter, though it was sent it fairly quickly (like a day or so after calling in). I called in to get my member number seven days after closing but found out that Disney did not receive the docs until 2 days after closing, so I waited 2 more days and called back.

I am searching for the link now, good idea to keep checking there!

Yes? No?

Yes! Absolutely. I checked on mine and was told (by the title company) that they did not have the sellers documents. It frustrated me that I paid my $$ to them on 9/19 yet the seller could drag feet and not return them until 10/4. I mean I know the money is gone either way but why didn't he want to get his cash ASAP?? Made no sense to me.

I even called Tuesday and spoke to the broker and she had record of speaking to the seller Friday and noted he was going to fill them out over the weekend. So I was given information by both the Broker (Fidelity) and the Title Company (First American Title).

I was told even though in the eyes of the state of Fl I own the contract, according to DVC- I still do not. Not until the change of ownership occurs.

Were you able to accomplish anything or are you just stuck waiting until after their cruise?

BCV Timeline:
150 points
Fidelity/First American
7/19 Offer made/accepted
8/3 Contract out for ROFR
8/16 Passed ROFR
9/15 Closing Docs received
9/15 Closing Docs returned
9/28 Closed
9/29 Deed Recorded
10/5 Contract in dashboard
10/6 Points loaded

Welp! BCV finally finished up!!

A little longer than our AKV, but that’s ok: our membership cards came in the mail and we got blue ones!
:tigger::tigger::tigger:

Hang in there, everyone!!

Welp! BCV finally finished up!!

A little longer than our AKV, but that’s ok: our membership cards came in the mail and we got blue ones!
:tigger::tigger::tigger:

Hang in there, everyone!!

Isn't Blue what direct members get? Are you already a direct member? Or am I just totally confused? Hooray for a new contract!

I just moved over here from ROFR thread

Home: AKV
Offer Sent/Countered/Accepted: 8/30
Contract Received, signed & returned: 8/31
Contract sent for ROFR: 9/14
Passed ROFR: 9/22
Commitment to finance recieved/sent contract to Monera: 9/25
Closing Documents Received: 9/27
Closing Docs and Check sent: 10/4

Am I getting close???? lol

UPDATE!

Animal Kingdom: 100 points
Broker: Fidelity
Closing: First American

Offer made & accepted 6/30
Sent to ROFR: 7/11
Passed ROFR: 7/30
Received closing docs: 8/11
FA received buyer docs: 8/14
FA received seller docs: 9/18
Closed: 9/19
Deed Recorded: 9/19
Points in my account: .....

Whoo-hooo! :yay::dogdance:

Got my member number today! I was told that the activation code will be available tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter