Closest/quickest to DHS

jtowntoflorida

Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney
I'm thinking about booking a room for SWW next summer, in case we decide to go again (had a BLAST this year). Which resort is closest/or the quickest to get to and from DHS?

Any hotel in the EPCOT resort area. If you are walkinf I would give them in the following order.
Swan and Dolphin
Yatch Club
Board Walk
Beach Club

They all have boat service to EPCOT and DHS.

Any hotel in the EPCOT resort area. If you are walkinf I would give them in the following order.
Swan and Dolphin
Yatch Club
Board Walk
Beach Club

They all have boat service to EPCOT and DHS.

Actually, the cut-through the BW pool makes getting to DHS quicker than YC or BC by foot.

Actually, the cut-through the BW pool makes getting to DHS quicker than YC or BC by foot.

We found that walking from the Boardwalk was way easier and faster than the boats. I did not like having to wait for the boats or make the extra stops at the resorts. :)

I'm thinking about booking a room for SWW next summer, in case we decide to go again (had a BLAST this year). Which resort is closest/or the quickest to get to and from DHS?

Closest is BW, followed by Swolphin, Beach Club and Yacht Club (tie). If you are walking, BW is the shortest. If taking the boat, Swolphin is the shortest since there aren't any other stops before the studios.

CBR is fast if you have a car. We turned left out of the resort, and the DHS parking lot is two traffic lights later.

Closest is BW, followed by Swolphin, Beach Club and Yacht Club (tie). If you are walking, BW is the shortest. If taking the boat, Swolphin is the shortest since there aren't any other stops before the studios.

Robo must have a map for this! Thanks for that info...we are staying Dolphin and I was going to ask how long the walk is to DHS from there, but if there are no boat stops, that's nice! And do I assume correctly that is the first boat stop on the return from DHS?

Robo must have a map for this! Thanks for that info...we are staying Dolphin and I was going to ask how long the walk is to DHS from there, but if there are no boat stops, that's nice! And do I assume correctly that is the first boat stop on the return from DHS?

We've done that walk several times but I never actually timed it. I'd guess its <15 minutes. Its a nice leisurely walk along the waterway. The boat is usually faster, but if you just missed the boat you might beat the next one by walking.

On the boat back from the Studio to the Swolphin, you are correct that its the first stop.

I would say a nice, leisurely 15 minute stroll, a little more ore less depending on ......
A very nice walk, by the way, and we usually alternate between the boat and walking, depending on crowds, time of day, and how we are feeling.
It's a GREAT location for HS, as are all of the EPCOT resorts.

:goodvibes

If you're looking for a cheaper option, I see someone suggested a mod but pop is also very close. When we went for sww in 2011 we stayed at pop and took a cab to get there before buses were running and it was very convenient. Obviously the Epcot area hotels are ideal as you can walk, but just wanted to give you another option. And this comes from a BWV owner :)

BTW, it took us about 15 min, maybe not quite that long, from BWI and my kids are not power walkers. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter