(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas…

A BIG WL THANK YOU to capttigger for posting such great Christmas Tree Recon '14 photos and for commentary by Time4Disney and CaptainKat. Hope you all are sleeping in this morning. So many of us haven't had the privilege of witnessing the actual process so we're thrilled you were willing to stay up late and blog it for us. I love how all the crates are sequentially numbered with "WL" on them. What an enormous process!

Just curious, was anyone stalking VWL's lobby?:scratchin Were other CMs putting up the other resort decorations simultaneously?

I looked back at my Christmas 2013 photos taken where all the scaffolding is now and I only see some boughs hanging on the lower portion and nothing at all on the mid-upper. The photo was taken during the day though so maybe it's for lighting:confused3

I couldn't wait to log on this morning and see the lobby progress. That must be something to watch. Thanks to all who posted about it.!

Oh I'm so mad at my self!! We got back at about 10:50. Went to room and was going to go back out around 11:30 and we all just crashed!! Fully dressed!!!

I'm joining in the wait for the final "reveal"! :goodvibes Just dreaming of sitting in the WL lobby with all that Christmas finery makes me happy! :)

I'm loving the pictures of the decoration team in action. I love the way the tree already has all of its decorations attached to it. I guess in makes sense to do it that way. I love the shot of the lift truck coming in through the front doors. That is cool. :)

I looked back at my Christmas 2013 photos taken where all the scaffolding is now and I only see some boughs hanging on the lower portion and nothing at all on the mid-upper. The photo was taken during the day though so maybe it's for lighting:confused3

I would think that they would use a lift truck to hang the exterior decorations. That scaffolding looks like the same type that they put up this past fall in front of the woods view rooms located by the bus stop. I hope it isn't there for very long. :worried:

I would think that they would use a lift truck to hang the exterior decorations. That scaffolding looks like the same type that they put up this past fall in front of the woods view rooms located by the bus stop. I hope it isn't there for very long. :worried:

Does anyone remember what it was used for then, and how long it was up? I remember seeing a picture of it, but don't remember hearing much more about it.

Does anyone remember what it was used for then, and how long it was up? I remember seeing a picture of it, but don't remember hearing much more about it.
I remember that it was gone when I was at the WL taking pictures on Sept 26th, so I think it was up for about a month. They took those rooms out of inventory while the scaffolding was up. I would guess that it was for routine maintenance, maybe painting and cleaning, too. :confused3

I found the original post with the picture of the scaffolding. Yes, I am this obsessive. ;) This was posted August 8th:

imagejpg1-1.jpg

Hope this works. I've never posted pics before. Here is the scaffolding on the south facing woods view rooms.

Hello all.

Thank you, thank you so much for all the info on the tree!! And all the photos. They are fantastic!!

It almost felt like I was there with you. :goodvibes

Great tree setup pictures! Thanks for staying up to capture it, and for posting them.

Visiting WL at Christmas time is definitely on our wish list.

4 semi trucks??? That is so cool. Can't wait to see the finished product this weekend.:cool1:

Thanks for posting!

Adding my thanks to all who have posted about the Christmas decorations going up! Fantastic pictures too! We won't be checking in until Jan. 3...sure hope the tree is still up then!!:goodvibes

I was wondering the same thing...we arrive in a week and I can't imagine how the pool is going to be done by then.

Our relative who goes to Disney with us is already there... Got to the lodge this morning and said he didn't see how the pool area would be done on time.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter