(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney puts up that huge tree overnight. You really don't think they have the capability (aka Magic Pixie Dust) to finish the pool up? Even if it's not Disney CM's working I am not giving up hope just because it appears to have more to do than a few folks think it should. Unless those folks are also pool installers and have some professional knowledge.

Disney puts up that huge tree overnight. You really don't think they have the capability (aka Magic Pixie Dust) to finish the pool up? Even if it's not Disney CM's working I am not giving up hope just because it appears to have more to do than a few folks think it should. Unless those folks are also pool installers and have some professional knowledge.

I'm a positive person when it comes to stuff like this. I don't doubt it can be done. But putting up a tree, which is something they do every year, is completely different than full on construction. People who are there and in person are our best gauge right now. All we can do is relay opinions and keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best!! If it's not done, there are still other swimming options :) in the end, the way I look at it is ...We're Going to Disney World!!!!...and that's all I care about!!!!!!!!! Woo hooooooo!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm a positive person when it comes to stuff like this. I don't doubt it can be done. But putting up a tree, which is something they do every year, is completely different than full on construction. People who are there and in person are our best gauge right now. All we can do is relay opinions and keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best!! If it's not done, there are still other swimming options :) in the end, the way I look at it is ...We're Going to Disney World!!!!...and that's all I care about!!!!!!!!! Woo hooooooo!!!!

All in all, I really don't care if the pool is done or not, quite honestly. It won't impact our trip one way or the other. We have no plans to swim at WL, VWL or anywhere else. We might, stress on might, hit the hot tub to unwind/relax old and tired muscles but that's it.

But I still think they'll get it done, despite how undone it looks. I've seen enough construction in my life as the child of a contractor that I know how bad things look at the end and how fast things come together.

No apologies here, Trisha. Thank you for taking the time to go over and take some photos. It's too bad the tree wasn't up for Mom.

We got lucky and the tree showed up in the CL lounge at Poly after our first night:santa:

FYI we loved our lunch at RF! Mom got the Caesar Salad with chicken and I got the Wilderness salad (my favorite with apples and walnuts:cloud9:)

Service was quick and food tasty!

Mom loved WL and is thinking about a visit there soon.:thumbsup2

All in all, I really don't care if the pool is done or not, quite honestly. It won't impact our trip one way or the other. We have no plans to swim at WL, VWL or anywhere else. We might, stress on might, hit the hot tub to unwind/relax old and tired muscles but that's it. But I still think they'll get it done, despite how undone it looks. I've seen enough construction in my life as the child of a contractor that I know how bad things look at the end and how fast things come together.

I feel the exact same way!!!!!! I don't care how it looks and I don't care if I can't swim, I just want to be there! Lol When are you leaving??

I feel the exact same way!!!!!! I don't care how it looks and I don't care if I can't swim, I just want to be there! Lol When are you leaving??

We fly in on 12/7 (my ticker never updates right)

We fly in on 12/7 (my ticker never updates right)

I wish I could see the tickers, I guess we can't view them on mobile devices through the app. :(
You'll just be coming as I'm leaving! Have a great trip!

I can't wait to see the decorations in person, I may stop looking at these pictures and just be surprised/amazed when we get there!

The pool looks "swimmable" now, maybe they'll open it while putting the finishing touches on everything else if not done?

I have pics just not sure how to upload them from my phone. I won't be home til sat night.

I can't wait to see the decorations in person, I may stop looking at these pictures and just be surprised/amazed when we get there!

The pool looks "swimmable" now, maybe they'll open it while putting the finishing touches on everything else if not done?

There have been reports that the pool would open before the splash pad is ready so it's possible.

Thank you so much capttigger for the pool/splash pad pictures. And for the tree pics! I can't lie, we are hoping the pool and the splash pad opens on time. We are coming from freezing canada and will be happy to swim in cooler weather even! We arrive on December 2nd. Your pictures are really adding to the excitement. We can not wait!!!:woohoo:

Great pictures! Thank you for posting. My two boys would have loved the splash pad when they were little. It looks like it will be a lot of fun. Also looks like quite a bit of progress, with a roof on the pool bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter