(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies for not multi-quoting:flower3:. We're on vacation and have a horseback ride coming up here soon. I did manage to update the BoardWalk Bulletin in post 1 with everyone's dates, but samnbilly, I need your dates. Welcome to all our new posters and Kerry, I'd like to know more, too about why the Innkeeper's Club rehab won't be very extensive. What did you find out about the renovation?

WDWKOOK-

Sorry.. Our dates are 10/27-11/3/14 first time staying in a BWI Deluxe CL. Going to be difficult after we were upgraded to a 2 bdrm suite last time-lol, but hopefully the extra space in the Deluxe room will help! Just me, DH, & DD15 because DS18 will be at college (sniff,sniff)

Question for KerryCM-I read that the lounge is possibly only getting a soft makeover, but how about the rooms? I thought I read something about new tubs? I'll definitely be missing the jacuzzi from the suite!

BWI doesn't have a 1 bdrm suite, do they? We were originally booked in one @ the BC before I found out about their renovation.

Hi WDWKOOK :wave2:

Thanks much for responding :cool1:

So nice to know I'm not alone ;) Love the tip regarding the request for not having a connecting door... genius! ::yes:: I love BWI and really want to experience CL there, however, that noisy/leaky room will be on my "check in room no thank you list" :) I am glad to hear there was no noise from guests above nor next door... that was good to hear :thumbsup2
I hope you get the perfect room:)

Thanks for your review of the rooms. We still haven't done a Boardwalk view. Maybe one of these years.

As for the ticker, I don't even know if I gave you dates to add. We'll be at BWV Oct 4-10 if you will please add me. We really enjoyed the Beach Club this trip, especially SAB. However, DW and I were both homesick for the BWV. We waited for lunch at the bakery (about 15 minutes before the change over). While we waited on a bench overlooking the green space and Boardwalk, we realized how much we missed it there.
Your dates have been officially logged:). I know just what you mean about missing a favorite resort. Out of sight, out of mind is easier, but when you come face to face with an old favorite, it's hard to not get that itch to switch or promise yourself that "next time" you'll book it. That (resort) absence can make the heart grow fonder.

HI! We are thinking of staying at the Boardwalk for the first time in a standard view. Is it possible to see the Epcot fireworks in this type of room and what kind of room should I request to achieve this? Thanks in advance!
Absolutely! Some of the photos I have in the ROOMS section of the thread show a 5th floor room that has a view of the Eiffel Tower/Illuminations. Just make your request for a "5th floor, Epcot View." While the TA might question your request, the BWI Room Assignor will know what you want and assign you that view if it's available. This is the request I have for our June stay.

WDWKOOK-

Sorry.. Our dates are 10/27-11/3/14 first time staying in a BWI Deluxe CL. Going to be difficult after we were upgraded to a 2 bdrm suite last time-lol, but hopefully the extra space in the Deluxe room will help! Just me, DH, & DD15 because DS18 will be at college (sniff,sniff)

Question for KerryCM-I read that the lounge is possibly only getting a soft makeover, but how about the rooms? I thought I read something about new tubs? I'll definitely be missing the jacuzzi from the suite!

BWI doesn't have a 1 bdrm suite, do they? We were originally booked in one @ the BC before I found out about their renovation.
Jumping in ahead of Kerry to answer your questions. The closest thing to a one bedroom suite at BWI are the Garden Cottages that now only accommodate 2 or a BWV one bedroom, but they don't have club level access.

Here is the AllEars BWI rehab update and my rehab ramblings that I have posted in Post 1:

THE INNKEEPER'S CLUB WILL BE CLOSED FOR RENOVATION FROM MAY 12 - JUNE 13, 2014. CLUB LEVEL ROOMS ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR BOOKING DURING THIS TIME PERIOD.

From AllEars:
The Boardwalk Inn will undergo a room refurbishment from approximately May 4 through September 9. All guest rooms will get new carpets, new tubs, and new bed linens. The Innkeeper's Lounge (Concierge club level) will have some upgrades as well.

WDWKOOK's Rehab Ramblings:
The BWI room rehab is slated to take 4 months. There are 5 floors at BWI and we know the 4th floor will be closed for one month beginning about a week after the rehab begins. We can infer that they are starting on the 4th floor (CL) first, unless they are working simultaneously on other floors. But, at WL and VWL, for example, they only worked on one floor at a time. That leaves about 3 weeks each for the 4 other floors. Generally, they work from the top down and usually the CL lounge is on the top floor. At BWI, the lounge isn't on the top floor, so my guess is that after they complete the 4th floor they'll then go to the 5th. This is just a guess, but if they do proceed to the 5th floor after the 4th, the schedule might look something like this:

May 12 - June 13: 4th floor and lounge - confirmed.

June 14 - July 5: 5th floor rooms?

July 6 - 27: 3rd floor rooms?

July 27 - August 17: 2nd floor rooms?

August 18 - September 9: 1st floor rooms?

Can anyone tell me if a fence was installed around the luna park pool? I read Disney planned to do this to all pools.

I hope you get the perfect room:)

Here is the AllEars BWI rehab update and my rehab ramblings that I have posted in Post 1:

THE INNKEEPER'S CLUB WILL BE CLOSED FOR RENOVATION FROM MAY 12 - JUNE 13, 2014. CLUB LEVEL ROOMS ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR BOOKING DURING THIS TIME PERIOD.

From AllEars:
The Boardwalk Inn will undergo a room refurbishment from approximately May 4 through September 9. All guest rooms will get new carpets, new tubs, and new bed linens. The Innkeeper's Lounge (Concierge club level) will have some upgrades as well.

WDWKOOK's Rehab Ramblings:
The BWI room rehab is slated to take 4 months. There are 5 floors at BWI and we know the 4th floor will be closed for one month beginning about a week after the rehab begins. We can infer that they are starting on the 4th floor (CL) first, unless they are working simultaneously on other floors. But, at WL and VWL, for example, they only worked on one floor at a time. That leaves about 3 weeks each for the 4 other floors. Generally, they work from the top down and usually the CL lounge is on the top floor. At BWI, the lounge isn't on the top floor, so my guess is that after they complete the 4th floor they'll then go to the 5th. This is just a guess, but if they do proceed to the 5th floor after the 4th, the schedule might look something like this:

May 12 - June 13: 4th floor and lounge - confirmed.

June 14 - July 5: 5th floor rooms?

July 6 - 27: 3rd floor rooms?

July 27 - August 17: 2nd floor rooms?

August 18 - September 9: 1st floor rooms?

Hmmm...a room rehab makes me want to try Boardwalk out even more now!

This is a great thread. We are booked at BWV 9/23-26. Does anyone have specific floors or one bedroom villa rooms they would recommend? Also, if construction on the first floor were still going on in late September, to what extent would that impact villa guests? Do we check in at the same desk? Thanks!

Is the Ballyhoo Tour the tour of the BW items and facilities? I remember when they started it as a test, is it fully permanent now? We'll be there in December so you'll be able to test drive it before us. :thumbsup2

Yes. I hope it is permanent, or at least there in October. I think the article said Wed to Sat, starting at 8:30 AM.

This is a great thread. We are booked at BWV 9/23-26. Does anyone have specific floors or one bedroom villa rooms they would recommend? Also, if construction on the first floor were still going on in late September, to what extent would that impact villa guests? Do we check in at the same desk? Thanks!

I've only ever checked in at the one desk in the lobby.

There's a commando thread out there if you want to join us over there as well.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503355

We still do the parks commando on those park days, but the resorts are just terrific. We've walked down to fantasia for the mini golf before, but there are even more fun and free stuff right at the resorts. Most know about the pool games and the evening Boardwalk entertainment. I also read about the "Ballyhoo Tour" there Wed thru Sat. I have never done it before and am going to try it this trip.

I'll check out the parks commando thread... had never heard of it :sad2: Ballyhoo Tour? :confused3 I'm going to look into the tour as well... thanks much for the heads up :thumbsup2

We have booked a one bedroom villa-standard view and are traveling with our daughter and 7 month old grandson. We are NOT staying on points.

Is there a room/area that would be best for us to request for ease with the baby?

Also, I know there are coffee pots in the rooms, do we need to bring our own coffee (I am thinking that if we are not on points that they should provide the coffee and filters)? Also, does anyone know if there is any baby food available for purchase in the store?

We have booked a one bedroom villa-standard view and are traveling with our daughter and 7 month old grandson. We are NOT staying on points. Is there a room/area that would be best for us to request for ease with the baby? Also, I know there are coffee pots in the rooms, do we need to bring our own coffee (I am thinking that if we are not on points that they should provide the coffee and filters)? Also, does anyone know if there is any baby food available for purchase in the store?

We have stayed several times in a 2BR ....always put the pack and play in the closet off the bathroom. Was like The baby had own room. We always just requested a quiet area, so not sure of specific room requests.There was coffee and nondairy creamer with the coffee maker that was restocked every day. DMIL used it every day so it was definitely restocked. To be honest I don't remember seeing baby food in store but we always brought ours. This trip we're going to try garden grocer since we won't have the dining plan. Have an awesome trip....boardwalks my favorite place to stay!!

You all lured me over. I just made my reservation for the Boardwalk for November for Food & Wine. Never stayed there before. Excited! :woohoo:

We booked Standard Studio...thats all that was available

Sorry for the delay. Standard view would not be on the pool canal side. If you don't want to walk far to the elevators (there is only one set) choose close to elevators. Otherwise a lot of people choose facing bus stop. It is far from the lobby but a short walk from the buses and the DHS walkway. The Villas are set in a bit from the parking lot with lots of lawn between the building and the buses. So even standard views aren't bad. Touring Plans has a great app on their site which shows where each room category is with pictures. http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/d...ardwalk-villas

Have a great time.

The construction should have no impact on villa guests. The villas are on the opposite side of the Inn.

The villas are the left arm/leg.
boardwalk.JPG

If you don't want to walk far to the elevators (there is only one set) choose close to elevators. Otherwise a lot of people choose facing bus stop. It is far from the lobby but a short walk from the buses and the DHS walkway. The Villas are set in a bit from the parking lot with lots of lawn between the building and the buses. So even standard views aren't bad. Touring Plans has a great app on their site which shows where each room category is with pictures. http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/d...ardwalk-villas

Have a great time.

Where to stay to be in the middle: close to the lobby, even walk to EPCOT & HS? Is there the perfect request? Oh, and water view!!:thumbsup2

Question, My brother is going to be booking a standard view studio at the BWV. He would LOVE LOVE LOVE a view/glimpse of the Tower of Terror. Do you know of Any requests to get this view??? any Pictures??
Thanks!!

Question, My brother is going to be booking a standard view studio at the BWV. He would LOVE LOVE LOVE a view/glimpse of the Tower of Terror. Do you know of Any requests to get this view??? any Pictures??
Thanks!!

I don't recall it being visible from anywhere around the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter