• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so the last time I posted here was February 10 of this year. I was still chatting about the wonderful trip my husband and I took for our 25th wedding anniversary - our first without the kids and our first staying at a deluxe hotel (the magnificent Boardwalk Inn!!!)

I haven't gone back to ready my entire trip report, but from here looking back, every moment of it was fantastic. So, to cut to the chase, we've decided to go back again in February of 2015. And of course, we'll be staying at the Boardwalk Inn again. I simply cannot wait!!!!

I'm going to try to request the same room - not sure how that will turn out. It would definitely be sweet if we could get it though.

I guess I just want to say I'm happy to be back and am looking forward to obsessing over these boards. So much great information. I'm hoping to get it all booked within the next few days.

Anything major I should know about that's happened since February 2014? HAHAHA - Just kidding. I'll be reading up to get the scoop!!

SQ
Welcome back, SQ! That's great that you were able to book again for February. If you have any requests other than the exact room you had last time, you'll want to add those requests in case that same room isn't available. Happy planning!

We just got back from a 5 night stay at BWV in a studio room. What a beautiful resort! The studio was bigger than I anticipated, really almost like two separate areas. DD21 slept on the sofa bed and said it was OK, except it sloped down in the middle. We flipped the mattress and I put the egg crate foam we schlepped with us (in a vacuum shrink-bag) under the mattress pad and she was totally comfortable.

We were in room 4050 and the view was very nice. We were over the Clown Pool but couldn't see the clown's face, which was fine with us as DD has never been fond of clowns (disappointed that we never had time to check out the pool or slide, though). The view "straight ahead" off our balcony was of Tower of Terror, the Ear-full Tower, and the Sound Studio at DHS, with the Swan off to the right. Everything about the room was great and worked well- fridge, microwave, coffee pot, toaster, hair dryer, iron, vacuum cleaner. Housekeeping was in on day 4 but only left clean towels and a bar of soap; I had thought they'd vacuum and make beds, too, but that was my misconception.

We LOVED being on the Boardwalk! We ended up coming home a several evenings so we could sit out on the Boardwalk with a margarita or beer and just unwind in the coolness of the evening. It was a perfect location for us, and we had a wonderful time (if you discount me losing my credit card and getting the stomach flu and so spent our last park day in bed…)!
Thank you for posting about your BWV stay. There's nothing worse than being sick on vacation AND losing your credit card so thank goodness it was your last day and not your first. Hope you got everything quickly canceled and straightened out.

Checked into BWI on Thursday room 2282. Awesome Location and is was refurbished. Only about 2/3 of the rooms have been refurbished yet. You can still see a lot of Old carpet in the Hallway in floor 1, 2 and 3. so make sure you request an New room. Love the resort but having lots of Magic Band Troubles.
Thank you for posting about the room construction. I have no idea what is going on since all of the rooms were supposed to be completed the first week of September. Great advice about requesting a rehabbed room:thumbsup2. Hope you're having a great vacation and just make sure that everything is linked properly in your MDX with the actual MB you're having trouble with.

Our dates are nov 11-16, 3 rooms, standard view. Celebrating Granddaughter's 3rd bday.
Welcome and I'll add your BWI dates to the Boardwalk Bulletin. Did you make any room view requests?

We are here now on the third floor. Coming off the elevator to the left the rooms are being worked on. There is a temporary construction door set up blocking off that section. But going to the right off the elevator the rooms seem to be all clear. Saw lots of workers going in and out of the blocked section the couple times we were down that way. HTH
Thank you for the update. I wonder what's prolonged the rehab so much?

Thanks for the info; we arrive in about 90 minutes. :drive:

All the best. :thumbsup2
Hope you're enjoying the Innkeeper's Club and WDW. Are you in a suite again?

Hi! :wave2: Myself, DH and our 3 children will be traveling to WDW and staying at BWI Club level 11/14-11/20. Will you please add me to the list? Thanks!
Of course I'll add you and welcome to the thread!

Subscribing to the thread. Staying at the BW for the first time in 18 days! :yay::woohoo::banana::dance3:
Welcome! I hope you have a magical vacation.

Nobody really knows. Before I arrived last week i had called and they told me no refurbishments would be going on during my stay. Yesterday I had a note in my room about construction noise during 9am until 5pm.
Thank you for the update.

Nobody really knows. Before I arrived last week i had called and they told me no refurbishments would be going on during my stay. Yesterday I had a note in my room about construction noise during 9am until 5pm.

Thanks! Hoping a rehab room will be available when we go on Nov. 14!

I officially have my reservation for May 21-25...YAY!!! We have a pool/garden view so I am going to look that up.

I am trying to figure out what to do about eating while we are there...We will be focusing on SWW basically the entire time we are there, so I don't know if I want to then go over to Epcot for dinner nightly, or eat at the resort? I thought about one night going to Beaches and Cream for ice cream/dinner...That is walkable, correct? Would that be a good place for a 6yo bday dinner?

I'm also sooooo excited to go to the bakery!

Kids will be 8 and 6 so any suggestions on where to go nearby (walking or boat, no busses) for dinner would be great!

I officially have my reservation for May 21-25...YAY!!! We have a pool/garden view so I am going to look that up.

I am trying to figure out what to do about eating while we are there...We will be focusing on SWW basically the entire time we are there, so I don't know if I want to then go over to Epcot for dinner nightly, or eat at the resort? I thought about one night going to Beaches and Cream for ice cream/dinner...That is walkable, correct? Would that be a good place for a 6yo bday dinner?

Kids will be 8 and 6 so any suggestions on where to go nearby (walking or boat, no busses) for dinner would be great!

There is going to be a new Italian place opening before the end of the year, but it's hard to say how kid friendly it's going to be. Beaches and Cream would be good/fun diner-type food, but you'll likely need an ADR. It could be a very long wait for a walk in, the place is really small. If you're not on the dining plan, there's a place called Fountains in the Dolphin that has similar food, but not quite the same atmosphere. Much shorter waits though!

It's my understanding that only the Inn is getting refurbed and not the Villas, correct?

Thanks!

They had a complete refurbishment about four years ago. So don't expect another for about 10 years or so. Other than soft goods.

Well, another stay is over and the countdown for the next trip has begun.

We stayed in room 5291, standard view room. The 5th floor Reno is complete, but I feel they need to go through some areas and correct some things. At the elevators where the carpet is framed by wood, the wood has about an inch gap and was pulled up. I reported it, it was fixed, but not nailed down. Some other areas had the carpet separating at the seams. I know the original company was fired and a new company has taken over, but some of the work is really shoddy.

We did not have a club level room this trip and I actually really missed it. What I missed were the cast members and being able to have conversations with them. I have come to think of most of them as family and missed them very much this trip. In January I was able to get 3 rooms on the club level and we are all looking forward to being up there again.

The days we did go into the parks were OK. Magic Kingdom was blocked with my MEP, so we didn't go there. Epcot was busy due to Food and a Wine and Hollywood Studios was not crowded at all.

We enjoyed some wonderful meals and all in all it was a nice relaxing trip, which it was meant to be. Any questions, please ask.

Ok, now that I'm a regular at the BWI (just kidding - we're taking only our 2nd trip there in February,) I'm feeling really curious about what the Club Level that I read about is.

It sounds absolutely lovely ~ and probably more money than we can afford. Is there a post/thread I can go to that gives all the details on this? It seems like so many people here on this thread book Club Level rooms. I'd like to learn all of the advantages.

Thanks!

Sounds like you're book at BWV? YAY! I'll add your dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin:)

Well, another stay is over and the countdown for the next trip has begun.

We stayed in room 5291, standard view room. The 5th floor Reno is complete, but I feel they need to go through some areas and correct some things. At the elevators where the carpet is framed by wood, the wood has about an inch gap and was pulled up. I reported it, it was fixed, but not nailed down. Some other areas had the carpet separating at the seams. I know the original company was fired and a new company has taken over, but some of the work is really shoddy.

We did not have a club level room this trip and I actually really missed it. What I missed were the cast members and being able to have conversations with them. I have come to think of most of them as family and missed them very much this trip. In January I was able to get 3 rooms on the club level and we are all looking forward to being up there again.

The days we did go into the parks were OK. Magic Kingdom was blocked with my MEP, so we didn't go there. Epcot was busy due to Food and a Wine and Hollywood Studios was not crowded at all.

We enjoyed some wonderful meals and all in all it was a nice relaxing trip, which it was meant to be. Any questions, please ask.
So that explains why the rehab went way over schedule - they fired the first contractors. Well, thank you for the scoop:thumbsup2. Sounds like January will be perfect and if you post your dates, I'll add you to the Bulletin.

Ok, now that I'm a regular at the BWI (just kidding - we're taking only our 2nd trip there in February,) I'm feeling really curious about what the Club Level that I read about is.

It sounds absolutely lovely ~ and probably more money than we can afford. Is there a post/thread I can go to that gives all the details on this? It seems like so many people here on this thread book Club Level rooms. I'd like to learn all of the advantages.

Thanks!
I have Innkeeper's Club information and photos HERE in the CL section, but let us know if you have questions. All the sections of the thread are hyperlinked in POST 1.

Now I have to go back to editing the thread for the upcoming re-posting:surfweb:

hi kerrycm, was your room rehab shoddy also or just the hallways? i'm presuming you were in a 5th fl. room? thanks

There is going to be a new Italian place opening before the end of the year, but it's hard to say how kid friendly it's going to be. Beaches and Cream would be good/fun diner-type food, but you'll likely need an ADR. It could be a very long wait for a walk in, the place is really small. If you're not on the dining plan, there's a place called Fountains in the Dolphin that has similar food, but not quite the same atmosphere. Much shorter waits though!

Thank you for the info! I didn't realize you could make an ADR for beaches and cream - I will make it a point to do that!

Kook - Yes, we will be staying at BWV! :cool1:

Hi All!

Silly question but I'm wondering where to purchase the refillable mugs? I'm assuming the Boardwalk Bakery ??

Thanks so much!

190 days to go ! :cool1:

Hi all! We're back from a fantastic stay at BWI. I'm planning to post a little bit about our stay and some pictures but in the meantime I know some people were asking about the rehab sitch so I wanted to post a couple of pictures of the 3rd floor. If you come off the elevator and go to the left this is what you'll see:

IMG_1883_zpsa80e79d4.jpg

IMG_1881_zps50987301.jpg

Seems like that whole wing is blocked off for work.

We were down the other end of the hall in a beautifully renovated waterview room. Didn't hear any construction noise where we were. I thought the decor looked much better in person than what I saw in pictures so that was a happy surprise. I really like the stylish/modern updates to the bathroom area.

The only time we noticed the construction was when we ventured down to the elevators, then we saw workers coming out with furniture, demo debris, etc. HTH

Thanks!

I love Club Level when we went with our 2 daughters. With just DH and I going in 21 days(!!!) we're in a regular room.
The convenience of the lounge to go at most times of the day was nice. We liked having breakfast before we hit the parks, a snack later in the day or at the end of night. We aren't there much during dinner hours, it's usually light food anyway.
The CM are always so nice and friendly.

Table of four twenty-somethings at Innkeeper's this morning, one with barefeet and a bathrobe. Duh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter