(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Epcot was packed with people enjoying the Food and Wine festival. We tried to walk World Showcase and finally gave up. Going to tour DVC tomorrow morning, Jim liked the $100 gift card gift they are giving!!! We will head over to the MK for a little while late afternoon and then head to dinner at Ohana.

Sorry for the repeated question! Soo many pages its hard to find the answer. I'm set to check in on 11/12 and wanted to head straight to Hollywood Studios (forever MGM to me). How long does it take? It is better to walk or take the boat? I was thinking of walking since it will be our first night there. Thanks so much. I cannot wait to get there! We normally stay at the Poly, but switched it up due to the construction mess.

I am sure this is the 500th time someone has asked about this, but going through over 100 pages of threads was a little daunting to me. Bottom line, can someone give me the pros and cons of a BWI standard room with BW view vs. a BWV studio with BW view and BWV 1 BR with BW view?

I am just wondering why a BWV 1 BR costs nearly the same as a BWI standard room which is less space. Here are my quotes for room only for 4 people (2 adults, 10yo, 16 yo) for 5 nights in January:

BWI standard with preferred (BW) view $2166
BWV Studio with preferred (BW) view $1452
BWV 1 BR with preferred (BW) view $2106

:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3

Thanks, everyone.

With the one bedroom villa, you have twice as much space as the studio. A separate bedroom with king sized bed and television set. The bathroom is divided with a jetted tub and sink in one space, shower, sink and toilet in the other. The studio is fairly comparable to the hotel room. But it will have a microwave oven and a slightly larger refrigerator than the hotel room. But it will also only have one real bed, a queen bed, and a double sized sleeper sofa. The living room of the one bedroom has a queen sized sleeper sofa and another television set. Then there is the full kitchen and washer and dryer in the one bedroom. The studio gives you access to a free laundry room.

The studio and hotel room are similar in size.

You can only get the BW view with the villas on points, not for cash. The preferred view (garden/water) is of the pools, or the end of the building. You can get these for cash or points.

If you are deciding between the studio and the hotel room, take the hotel room. You get two real beds and a daybed. If you are deciding between the one bedroom and any other, take the one bedroom.

If you book villas for cash through Disney Reservation Center, you get a daily full cleaning. If you book a villa through DVC, you get limited housekeeping (it's a timeshare).

Sorry for the repeated question! Soo many pages its hard to find the answer. I'm set to check in on 11/12 and wanted to head straight to Hollywood Studios (forever MGM to me). How long does it take? It is better to walk or take the boat? I was thinking of walking since it will be our first night there. Thanks so much. I cannot wait to get there! We normally stay at the Poly, but switched it up due to the construction mess.

We took the boat. You walk enough! LOL

We've missed the boat at Boardwalk and beat it to MGM (Hollywood).

We always walk. It's faster and a nice peaceful walk.

Depends. It is a really easy walk. I'd reckon 15 minutes. But, I tend to walk slow, take pictures, and add them to my trip report along the way. I think it is comparable to the BLT to MK walk. It does depend on where you are at the resort, and the villas side is closer.

OK, so the last time I posted here was February 10 of this year. I was still chatting about the wonderful trip my husband and I took for our 25th wedding anniversary - our first without the kids and our first staying at a deluxe hotel (the magnificent Boardwalk Inn!!!)

I haven't gone back to ready my entire trip report, but from here looking back, every moment of it was fantastic. So, to cut to the chase, we've decided to go back again in February of 2015. And of course, we'll be staying at the Boardwalk Inn again. I simply cannot wait!!!!

I'm going to try to request the same room - not sure how that will turn out. It would definitely be sweet if we could get it though.

I guess I just want to say I'm happy to be back and am looking forward to obsessing over these boards. So much great information. I'm hoping to get it all booked within the next few days.

Anything major I should know about that's happened since February 2014? HAHAHA - Just kidding. I'll be reading up to get the scoop!!

SQ

Well, Epcot was packed with people enjoying the Food and Wine festival. We tried to walk World Showcase and finally gave up. Going to tour DVC tomorrow morning, Jim liked the $100 gift card gift they are giving!!! We will head over to the MK for a little while late afternoon and then head to dinner at Ohana.

Did you get an offer in the mail or a card in your room? We got a $200 offer last time but never took the time to go. We were talking about going this trip. Thanks

Did you get an offer in the mail or a card in your room? We got a $200 offer last time but never took the time to go. We were talking about going this trip. Thanks
We got a letter in our room and brought the letter to the desk in the lobby. They did tell us we have to bring the letter with us to the tour. We are also being given 3 VIP fast passes each that will go on our bands to use at anytime. Don't have to make reservation, just tap and go. The only rides we can't use them on are Soarin, toy Story, and the Mine Train. They did say this offer is invitation only.

We got a letter in our room and brought the letter to the desk in the lobby. They did tell us we have to bring the letter with us to the tour. We are also being given 3 VIP fast passes each that will go on our bands to use at anytime. Don't have to make reservation, just tap and go. The only rides we can't use them on are Soarin, toy Story, and the Mine Train. They did say this offer is invitation only.

Sounds like a good offer. Thanks for your updates. You probably know this already, but make sure you research Resale before you actually buy into DVC! :)

Just back from the presentation. The rep was wonderful and no pressure at all. Got my gift card and fast passes. Decided against buying, didn't think we would. Just not worth it to us with the amount of times we come using my cast discount.

Just back from the presentation. The rep was wonderful and no pressure at all. Got my gift card and fast passes. Decided against buying, didn't think we would. Just not worth it to us with the amount of times we come using my cast discount.

Hi kerry, hope you're having a great time! One question, how long was the DVC presentation? I'm thinking about doing the same thing next week for the GC (my offer is only $50 though… :confused3 ) and wondering if it is worth my time.

Hi kerry, hope you're having a great time! One question, how long was the DVC presentation? I'm thinking about doing the same thing next week for the GC (my offer is only $50 though… :confused3 ) and wondering if it is worth my time.

Took about an hour. It was very interesting. For the number of points we need to travel as much as we do right now with my discount, it just wasn't worth it. Now, if we didn't get my discount on our trips we may have considered it.

We will be staying at BWI in 35 days. Celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary with a few days there before our 4 kids fly in for the remainder of the week (we transfer to POFQ for that portion of the trip). :-). I'd love to do a dvc tour and the extra perks sound nice too. Will I receive a letter upon check in? Not sure how this all works! Thanks!!!!

We will be staying at BWI in 35 days. Celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary with a few days there before our 4 kids fly in for the remainder of the week (we transfer to POFQ for that portion of the trip). :-). I'd love to do a dvc tour and the extra perks sound nice too. Will I receive a letter upon check in? Not sure how this all works! Thanks!!!!

This is the first time I have gotten a letter and we come 3 to4 times a year.

Great day today. Went to the DVC presentation and then to Hollywood Studios. We wanted to go to MK, but my main gate pass is blocked until the 25 th there.

Dinner was at Ohana. Jim loves the meal there. The meats were very good this time. Tomorrow is another lay around day after breakfast at the Wave.

We just got back from a 5 night stay at BWV in a studio room. What a beautiful resort! The studio was bigger than I anticipated, really almost like two separate areas. DD21 slept on the sofa bed and said it was OK, except it sloped down in the middle. We flipped the mattress and I put the egg crate foam we schlepped with us (in a vacuum shrink-bag) under the mattress pad and she was totally comfortable. We were in room 4050 and the view was very nice. We were over the Clown Pool but couldn't see the clown's face, which was fine with us as DD has never been fond of clowns (disappointed that we never had time to check out the pool or slide, though). The view "straight ahead" off our balcony was of Tower of Terror, the Ear-full Tower, and the Sound Studio at DHS, with the Swan off to the right. Everything about the room was great and worked well- fridge, microwave, coffee pot, toaster, hair dryer, iron, vacuum cleaner. Housekeeping was in on day 4 but only left clean towels and a bar of soap; I had thought they'd vacuum and make beds, too, but that was my misconception. We LOVED being on the Boardwalk! We ended up coming home a several evenings so we could sit out on the Boardwalk with a margarita or beer and just unwind in the coolness of the evening. It was a perfect location for us, and we had a wonderful time (if you discount me losing my credit card and getting the stomach flu and so spent our last park day in bed…)!

We just got back from a 5 night stay at BWV in a studio room. What a beautiful resort! The studio was bigger than I anticipated, really almost like two separate areas. DD21 slept on the sofa bed and said it was OK, except it sloped down in the middle. We flipped the mattress and I put the egg crate foam we schlepped with us (in a vacuum shrink-bag) under the mattress pad and she was totally comfortable. We were in room 4050 and the view was very nice. We were over the Clown Pool but couldn't see the clown's face, which was fine with us as DD has never been fond of clowns (disappointed that we never had time to check out the pool or slide, though). The view "straight ahead" off our balcony was of Tower of Terror, the Ear-full Tower, and the Sound Studio at DHS, with the Swan off to the right. Everything about the room was great and worked well- fridge, microwave, coffee pot, toaster, hair dryer, iron, vacuum cleaner. Housekeeping was in on day 4 but only left clean towels and a bar of soap; I had thought they'd vacuum and make beds, too, but that was my misconception. We LOVED being on the Boardwalk! We ended up coming home a several evenings so we could sit out on the Boardwalk with a margarita or beer and just unwind in the coolness of the evening. It was a perfect location for us, and we had a wonderful time (if you discount me losing my credit card and getting the stomach flu and so spent our last park day in bed…)!

Sorry you got a bit ill! But glad to hear the studio had ample room.

Housekeeping was supposed to make beds on day 4, but not vacuum. I'm surprised they didn't make your beds.

I love being on the Boardwalk too! It's the best area at Disney IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter