City, Sand, and Savanna - Link to new trip report

Well, I guess 3rd (or 4th) page is better than 103rd or 104th, so I'm winning there! :cool1:

Great intro! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Wow, all you've done so far is the introduction and you're already on page 3?! How does one DO that?! You are a rock star!!

Glad I'm here from the beginning. Ready to get going! :surfweb:

Hi Glenn! :wave2: Just checking in. I see you're already putting up weekend posts to insure I don't get any Judy points...:(

Marlene sure is getting tall!

I do leave in Delaware but I'm NOT a Delawarean.;):rotfl2:

You say that like it's a bad thing. :confused3

I didn't realize you were so close. I'm in Kent Co. down near DAFB.Hence the Not a Delawarean comment. Not much going on in Kent CO. but we are right in-between the shopping and the beach :beach:

Curious, I know there are a few DE DISers, has anyone ever put together a DIS meet?

I don't think a big DIS-meet has happened in Delaware. I did meet with Glenn once for dinner during a driving snow-storm. I think he must have thought I had ADD since I kept looking outside to see how bad it was piling up. :rotfl2:

And I met MEK for dinner several months ago--she lives less than 10 minutes away from me! Curiously, the place where we met for dinner just burned down. :confused3

You say that like it's a bad thing. :confused3

:rotfl: Not a bad thing at all actually. Some of the nicest people I know are from DE. My biggest issue w Delawareans is the misuse of the word ignorant. Makes me want to :scared1:Remember I'm closer to LSD than you are.

I don't think a big DIS-meet has happened in Delaware. I did meet with Glenn once for dinner during a driving snow-storm. I think he must have thought I had ADD since I kept looking outside to see how bad it was piling up. :rotfl2:

And I met MEK for dinner several months ago--she lives less than 10 minutes away from me! Curiously, the place where we met for dinner just burned down. :confused3

That was the Friendly in Middletown correct? I didn't realize it burned down. Bummer.

:rotfl: Not a bad thing at all actually. Some of the nicest people I know are from DE. My biggest issue w Delawareans is the misuse of the word ignorant. Makes me want to :scared1:Remember I'm closer to LSD than you are.

Just messing with you. I may live in New Castle County, but I'm below the canal. And I am a LSD native. But I'm not ignorant. :rotfl2:

That was the Friendly in Middletown correct? I didn't realize it burned down. Bummer.

Yeah, it was the Friendly's. My kids were heartbroken. Apparently some idiot tossed a lit cigarette into the mulch in the garden on the side of the restaurant. During the heat wave that dried everything out.

Just messing with you. I may live in New Castle County, but I'm below the canal. And I am a LSD native. But I'm not ignorant. :rotfl2:

Yeah, it was the Friendly's. My kids were heartbroken. Apparently some idiot tossed a lit cigarette into the mulch in the garden on the side of the restaurant. During the heat wave that dried everything out.

Ugh! They must have been from LSD :lmao: Not a smart move. I hope they rebuild, if not I guess you'll have to come down to Dover.

0 judy sightings !!!!

Oh fer cryin' out loud! :rotfl:

:rotfl2:

Or maybe I should use this one if Katharina reads this: :duck:

::yes::

I thought I recognized a familiar shadow there one day!!!

ashamed0001.gif

I'm glad to hear you found the report informative. Hope you were able to use some of the tips during your visit.

I think I was, although I'm a slow learner so who knows. :laughing: At least I knew what to expect.

I didn't realize you were so close. I'm in Kent Co. down near DAFB.Hence the Not a Delawarean comment. Not much going on in Kent CO. but we are right in-between the shopping and the beach :beach:

Curious, I know there are a few DE DISers, has anyone ever put together a DIS meet?

I see that Mark already described a couple, that were one-offs...I think we need to put together another one. Maybe after he gets back from staying at AKL. :)

I'm subbing! Although i lurk more than I post. :)
I know I was MIA for your PTR.
I'm looking forward to hearing how your WWoHP day went. It went rather smoothly for us. I know we were both concerned about the one day and having enough time. I was really worried about the lines b/c we weren't going to have FOTL passes. We did do both parks that day and it was fine:thumbsup2

Well, I guess 3rd (or 4th) page is better than 103rd or 104th, so I'm winning there! :cool1:

It is! I'm glad you made it at the start MissLiz. :welcome:

Great intro! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Thank you.

Yeah... I'll admit it. I just had to click it. :rotfl2:

:welcome: Andy. And somehow you got yourself out of the loop long enough to post...impressive. Some readers might still be stuck in the vortex.

Yess!!! I'm here!! I can't wait to read all about it!

Yess!!! Jen is here! :welcome:

Wow, all you've done so far is the introduction and you're already on page 3?! How does one DO that?! You are a rock star!!

I dunno...I'm kind to animals. :scratchin

Glad I'm here from the beginning. Ready to get going! :surfweb:

I'm glad to have you here Sooze. (Reading your screen-name always makes me think of that Seinfeld episode where there's a made-up co-worker of Elaine's named Susie and another co-worker calls her Sooze, which irritates Elaine and....well, you have to see it. Hopefully you're already familiar with it.) And :welcome:

Hi Glenn! :wave2: Just checking in. I see you're already putting up weekend posts to insure I don't get any Judy points...:(

welcome-1-1.gif
Mark
00pxt.gif

I couldn't wait to do that. Hee hee hee.

Marlene sure is getting tall!

We tried putting weights on top of her head, but she kept growing anyway. :rolleyes:

What, that little bit of snow? Pshaw. :rotfl2:

:smokin:

I see that Mark already described a couple, that were one-offs...I think we need to put together another one. Maybe after he gets back from staying at AKL. :)

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I'm in! I love it when a plan comes together.

welcome-1-1.gif
Mark
00pxt.gif

I couldn't wait to do that. Hee hee hee.

Great. Now I have glitter all over me. That'll take weeks to get out. Thanks a lot.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Well played, Glenn.

We tried putting weights on top of her head, but she kept growing anyway. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I keep telling my kids to stop growing. They never listen.

What, that little bit of snow? Pshaw. :rotfl2:

I could almost see you across the table. At least you had a nice shirt.

Fill me in on "LSD"...lower/slower?

doofywave.gif

Only you....can prevent sites-of-former-DISmeets fires.

:rotfl2: All of my younger sisters were ecstatic when they got taller than me. :mad: But hey at 5' I was taller than our Grandma. :thumbsup2

Judy says the same thing -- she and all of her cousins would rejoice when they got taller than their Grandma, who apparently was well under 5'.

I'm subbing! Although i lurk more than I post. :)
I know I was MIA for your PTR.

:welcome: DD! Glad to have you along.

I'm looking forward to hearing how your WWoHP day went. It went rather smoothly for us. I know we were both concerned about the one day and having enough time. I was really worried about the lines b/c we weren't going to have FOTL passes. We did do both parks that day and it was fine:thumbsup2

I'm tempted to give you a run-down, but I've gotta wait until we get to that point of the TR.

Judy says the same thing -- she and all of her cousins would rejoice when they got taller than their Grandma, who apparently was well under 5'.

I'm tempted to give you a run-down, but I've gotta wait until we get to that point of the TR.[/QUOTE]

If Judy hadn't been taller than her Grandma it wood have been harder to spot her ;):rotfl2:
Now when you get to THAT POINT in the TR can I have a heads up so I will be first to spot TALL Judy!!!!:goodvibes:rotfl2:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I'm in! I love it when a plan comes together.

Me too. Yell when you're back, and we'll put the wheels in motion.

Hey, you only have 5 days until your trip! :cool1:

AF3Giraffe2.gif

Great. Now I have glitter all over me. That'll take weeks to get out. Thanks a lot.

How will you explain that glitter to the Missus?

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Well played, Glenn.

evil_grin.gif

Yeah, I keep telling my kids to stop growing. They never listen.

So true.

I could almost see you across the table. At least you had a nice shirt.

As I recall, your shirt was really nice too. You have impeccable taste. :thumbsup2

If Judy hadn't been taller than her Grandma it wood have been harder to spot her ;):rotfl2:
Now when you get to THAT POINT in the TR can I have a heads up so I will be first to spot TALL Judy!!!!:goodvibes:rotfl2:

My head is spinning.

You got it. Lower Slower Delaware. Some take it to mean Kent and Sussex Counties, others mean anything below the canal.

I'd never heard of it as "LSD". I think I mostly hear it just all run together --sssssLower Delaware.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter