Churro Mickey Waffles

We were on the 10/7/23 6 night cruise from NYC and I saw them at Cabanas on at least 2 mornings. One was Thursday, our sea day back to NYC and one was earlier in the cruise but can't remember the day.

I make them at home....they are not exactly the same but the grandkids love them. I make the waffles in my mini Mickey waffle maker, brush melted butter on them and then roll them in cinnamon and sugar...Yum!!

CHURRO MICKEY WAFFLES 2.jpgMM waffle maker 1.jpgMM waffle maker 3.jpg

MJ

I was on the WBPC too and it seemed they were available every other day. I resisted though. It just looks too decadant.
Somehow, I only gained 2.6 lbs on the whole cruise.
I just got home and am scared to step on the scale with how much I ate across the cruise. I only got the waffles on two of the mornings. From what I gathered they had them every other day in cabanas, but if you went to the dinning room for breakfast you could order them daily.

I weigh myself every day and keep a log. I didn't during the cruise, of course.
As of Friday, I gained 2.6 pounds.
Today, showed a total of 3.6 pounds. We'll see what tomorrow brings!

I was good about eating oatmeal every day for keeping up my fiber but dang, we ate a TON of bacon every day. I can't even imagine how much bacon grease is generated on a cruise from cooking all that bacon. It's a special treat for us and I especially love not having to deal with the mess. We also had a ridonculous amount of ice cream. Sigh... Usually 2 per day.

I recently watched a video from Theme Park Express. Hi latest cruise. Talked about the churro mickey waffles. I got the impression it''s a one day thing.

I recently watched a video from Theme Park Express. Hi latest cruise. Talked about the churro mickey waffles. I got the impression it''s a one day thing.
I think it really depends on the itinerary/length of cruise. We were on the Deam in August for 11 nights, the churro waffles were served on all three sea days.

I think it really depends on the itinerary/length of cruise. We were on the Deam in August for 11 nights, the churro waffles were served on all three sea days.
Yes, I think longer cruises must have them more often.

I’m currently on the Honolulu-Sydney sailing, with 9 sea days (out of 14 total days) across the Pacific on the Wonder, and I’ve sporadically gone up to cabanas for breakfast and have seen churro waffles each time. This morning is my third time having them, but I think they’ve been there more often. Maybe every other day?

I’m currently on the Honolulu-Sydney sailing, with 9 sea days (out of 14 total days) across the Pacific on the Wonder, and I’ve sporadically gone up to cabanas for breakfast and have seen churro waffles each time. This morning is my third time having them, but I think they’ve been there more often. Maybe every other day?
I would guess every other day like it was on the wbpc.

Do they have regular ones on the day they have churro ones? I have never understood the fascination with churros and would not want that in a waffle.

Do they have regular ones on the day they have churro ones? I have never understood the fascination with churros and would not want that in a waffle.
Yes, they do. They taste like cinnamon sugar French toast waffles to me.

Ot but how is the crossing esp activity and characterwise?

I had the churro waffles at Crystal Palace Breakfast in MK on Mother’s Day. They are sooo eeevil. I’ve been on six cruises and didn’t know they had them. Oh my God I cannot wait for my Fantasy November 11 cruise so I can hunt some down. Thank you to whoever posted the suggestion/tip to ask sever in sit down restaurant at breakfast. If I can get them every day I will be ecstatic.

You xan always request a special batch for the next morning through your head server. I like to believe the more people donit, the more often they ll put them out. On cruises up to a week they tend to do thzm just once and on longer ones 2-3 times. Its the chef who decides but on the Fantasy it seems to be the last seaday
Have you ever asked your head server about churro waffles? Have you successfully received them the next morning? Did you get them served in one of the main restaurants, whichever one was open for breakfast?

Have you ever asked your head server about churro waffles? Have you successfully received them the next morning? Did you get them served in one of the main restaurants, whichever one was open for breakfast?
Many times but you can only get them made at cabanas. You find one of the head servers on duty there and say your name and number… 10 min later they bring them over

Does anyone know if you can get them as part of your hot breakfast in Concierge (if you have a one-bedroom suite)? I'm more than happy to go up to Cabana's if not, but I was curious if anyone has been successful getting them delivered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter