Chunkymonkey & Chubbyhubby's Year of Disney PTR! NEW 12/27 THE END and New TR Link!

You're probably close to landing at MCO by now. Have a great trip!

Thanks for Kang Ho Dong BaekJong. About two years ago our concert band changed rehearsals from a church in Hollywood to a church in Koreatown. Ever since then I've been wanting to eat at a Korean BBQ place, but the quality can be all over the place accor ding to Yelp. I'm waiting for rehearsal to start and I Googled Kang Ho Dong BaekJong, it's literally less than a mile from rehearsal, 8 blocks to be exact, and it's open until 2AM!

I hope you loved first class! I'm jealous!!!

HAVE A GREAT TIME at Disney and we can't wait to hear all about it! :banana:

(Please say goodbye to Wishes for me! :sad: )

Hopefully you have arrived safely or are soon to! Have a restful night and then a great visit to the Mouse! I'll be watching for IG and FB posts!

I was thinking of getting Express Bus passes for the whole week.
I'm super curious to see what you guys think of this if you decided to get it. I'm tempted for August!

It's May the Fourth so we're donning some Star Wars gear and heading to DHS!
YES!!! I actually just got done figuring out what I'll be wearing tomorrow to work that's an ode to Star Wars and somewhat appropriate! :laughing: I'd go a little more all-out except I have a full staff meeting first thing so probably should tone it down a little... :scratchin

then head back to DHS to watch the Star Wars Fireworks to close out May the Fourth!
SO JEALOUS!!!!!! Perfect May the Fourth activity! ::yes::

We're spending a lot of time at Epcot on this trip just to take advantage of Flower and Garden.
Very wise!

After the movie, we'll have maybe an hour and a half to kill before our dinner at Homecoming.
I've heard great things about this place! Anxious for your review.

I hope you're having an amazing time!!!!!! :wizard:

Dec 2-7 2016 staying at The WDW Dolphin - a last minute trip to celebrate DH's birthday and to see the Holiday decor for the first time! COMPLETED See Dining Report.

Feb 23-28 2017 staying at The Contemporary - Princess 5K race and also my birthday on the 27th! COMPLETED See Trip Report.

May 2-7 2017 staying at the Boardwalk Villas - so we can be there for May the 4th as well as the Flower and Garden festival, DH's favorite time of year!

May 18-21 2017 (updated April 2017) staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge - to preview the new Pandora World of Avatar section of AK.

Aug 11-20 2017 (updated April 2017) staying at the Polynesian. This is our big family trip and I am planning for 15 people including 6 kids! HELP.

Oct 21-28 2017 (updated April 2017) DCL Canadian Coast Cruise on board the Disney Magic which is round-trip out of NYC. We found out it will be a Marvel Day at Sea cruise as well as a Halloween on the High Seas cruise and couldn't be happier! My MIL and FIL will be on this trip as well so that will be great!

Oct 30-Nov 4 2017 (updated Dec 2016): After our cruise we'll have 2 nights at home in NJ to do laundry and repack before heading down to WDW! We will be staying at the villas at Grand Floridian! The reason we're going at this time is to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary on Nov 1st. It'll be pretty cool to be down there for MNSSHP, Food & Wine, as well as our actual anniversary!

:worship:

Have a great trip! I'm still wrapping my mind around the fact that I will see you this weekend! I can't wait :hyper:

It was great meeting you and Josh! I hope you're having fun and missing the cold spell we're having back home. :)

Hope you can make it back for your anniversary.

Thaks! I called V and A while we were down in Florida as our 180 day window opened up. Took a few tries but managed to get the Queen Victoria Room on Nov 2nd. Whew!

Safe travels and have a wonderful trip!! Enjoy your DisMeets, too :goodvibes

Thanks Ariane! Just a few more weeks until we're back there!

I haven't had the chance to catch up on this PTR yet, but just popping in to say "Bon voyage!" and I hope you have an amazing trip (starting today!)

Thank you!! It was a fantastic trip. Is it possible each trip just gets better than better? :)

Have a great trip!

Thank you! (Spoiler: We did!!)

I just came across your PTR and I'm really excited to read your trip report when you get back! You're staying in the hotel I'm staying at and going to a bunch of the restaurants I'm going to so I can't wait to see what you have to say about them. Have a great time!

Hi and welcome!! We had an amazing trip. It was so much fun to stay at the Boardwalk and walk to Epcot. I'm gonna really miss staying there. Stay tuned for my TR...as soon as I finish downloading all the pictures...

Your plans look fantastic and of course I'm jealous ....but at least we both have another trip in August lol. And that way you don't have to be depressed when you get home lol

LOL True!! Plus we'll be back in 10 days. Although I am pretty exhausted right now. And I'm sure I'm gonna be pretty tired after the next trip since we have a late flight back home.

How awesome!!! Do they live downtown in Toronto?? I'd love to know another Dis loving family here lol

I think they live outside of downtown Toronto. They are huge Disney fans. You can find her through my list of friends on FB. She's the only Yuki!

I am a bit surprised by this...is it just because you expect this week to be super busy? Would you need to FP HM at that time do you think?

I only did this because I changed our FP times last minute and it was the only one available during that time. We ended up doing HM before that so we changed it to Jungle Cruise the day before.
I have seen HM with 10 minute waits and I've also seen it with 90 minute waits. So I am not sure how August will be!

You're probably close to landing at MCO by now. Have a great trip!

Thank you! We had an amazing time!

Thanks for Kang Ho Dong BaekJong. About two years ago our concert band changed rehearsals from a church in Hollywood to a church in Koreatown. Ever since then I've been wanting to eat at a Korean BBQ place, but the quality can be all over the place accor ding to Yelp. I'm waiting for rehearsal to start and I Googled Kang Ho Dong BaekJong, it's literally less than a mile from rehearsal, 8 blocks to be exact, and it's open until 2AM!

Oooh I hope you got a chance to try it! It's one of our favorites and it's a very unique restaurant. I love their dipping sauce with the soy, onions and wasabi, kinda tastes like an asian cocktail sauce. Really good.

Hope you're having a great flight and enjoy a nice night of sleep at the MCO Hyatt. Have a wonderful trip!

Thanks Dugette!! We had an incredible time!

I hope you loved first class! I'm jealous!!!

There's a really funny story about first class. You'll see in my PTR. It's sad but funny...hahaha.

HAVE A GREAT TIME at Disney and we can't wait to hear all about it! :banana:

(Please say goodbye to Wishes for me! :sad: )

Thank you! We had an awesome time! Each trip just gets better and better! (Express Bus also helped A LOT)
And we did send Wishes off the right way...we were with @Malia78 and had a fantastic spot dead center in front of the castle. We weren't expecting that at all! But we saw it on a Wednesday which is probably why. The weekend had some crazy crowds at MK for Wishes.

Hopefully you have arrived safely or are soon to! Have a restful night and then a great visit to the Mouse! I'll be watching for IG and FB posts!

You have witnessed first hand how we had a BEST DAY EVER! Well, at least I did! I think DH has the same level of enjoyment each day...although he was a bit starstruck meeting Gaston.

I'm super curious to see what you guys think of this if you decided to get it. I'm tempted for August!

Hi Tracy! I have two words for you: GET IT!!
Really really nice service, made park hopping a breeze. I'm so spoiled by it now.
We aren't doing it for our weekend trip in May but definitely for August and October, and any trip that is longer than a few days. It makes all the difference.
However if you're going to stop at your resort a lot before hopping to another park it may not be much use as it's only good from park to park. We loved it though!

YES!!! I actually just got done figuring out what I'll be wearing tomorrow to work that's an ode to Star Wars and somewhat appropriate! :laughing: I'd go a little more all-out except I have a full staff meeting first thing so probably should tone it down a little... :scratchin

I wore an R2-D2 necklace last year, but no one noticed. :sad2:

SO JEALOUS!!!!!! Perfect May the Fourth activity! ::yes::

The only way to ring in May the 4th at Disney!

Very wise!

We ate so much!

I've heard great things about this place! Anxious for your review.

I hope you're having an amazing time!!!!!! :wizard:

It was very good! We had drinks and entrees, but didn't have room for dessert.

And thank you, we had an amazing time!!! Can't wait to share!!

Haha, thank you! Have to milk these annual passes for all they are worth and then some!

It makes all the difference.
However if you're going to stop at your resort a lot before hopping to another park it may not be much use as it's only good from park to park.
Consider me sold! :thumbsup2 Hard sell, aren't I? I'm the type who hits the parks asap in the morning and doesn't see my room again until park close-ish. So this service was made for people like me! ::yes::

I wore an R2-D2 necklace last year, but no one noticed.
I would have! ;)

And thank you, we had an amazing time!!! Can't wait to share!!
Yay!!! Can't wait to hear all about it :goodvibes

Consider me sold! :thumbsup2 Hard sell, aren't I? I'm the type who hits the parks asap in the morning and doesn't see my room again until park close-ish. So this service was made for people like me! ::yes::

It's definitely for you then! After we got the pass we park-hopped a lot more than I had scheduled just so we could take advantage of it, and it's totally worth it! I wanted to do the 4 parks in one day challenge but really, with the express bus, it's not a challenge at all. We did 3 parks in one day and could have done a 4th but decided to hang out in Epcot and watch Illuminations. But, yes for the week definitely get it! You will love it!

I would have! ;)

I know you would! :)

Yay!!! Can't wait to hear all about it :goodvibes

About to start putting together intros!

OK, I have started the Trip Report!!

4E19l0xMKB6EA0iNULXzwUgrPutZhX0pIZTHRkyJAC2MGYox4T5nwVaq_5CRr0aT6elirqlKcmxB0XzZsEYZTdBtViv3h6e2SMK_8aSrByvx4aJW35Vn7TSylo9_MmYfH7LwCtmBn7bDbQLIX1KrQhNlfI0mQ-pK6wXqSzwF7G8n0qzS3VhfCN7aZtyzYxJ9zjkrKrjBOCoEUCMvslhn5FLlLqKJ-BVJvSyD4ePCw1Ja_IcDMJlM6HhoQF2aR160CyABmWG24fiX4UXCq6ZxmG6aL0Sj0bafigoGOvS9Nucqrhc2NYCu5Xrv3w__6jW4-eEniZJYrlnQQsZPqsx_gWa-4DzuIEoSDgI-rRErznXlUch_Pyoa3mg9xuKWvbs9EB_Fx_Psqx4mhWT1BFmgunCoD1iMFOgdcHUFWRPQQUWA5qp6N5oHF_pfgOO9y2XS1NB4e3ytS4QKSK62jm2sdMJv06Y34l66IENXo0n6yKFCXSk1nBpM-Fd85VgSCUILHfdigIv2rzVPOqCLy-YTc4ZQF5AaUJNBZcqIZgXAZr6B8OyuUV4beR55nDQ0qtbeRtj9533Bb5smU3jEjEIRM6wWo69lv7_zs4917YggL1ncjQ1kRxIZlA=w738-h492-no

--> BEST. DAY. EVER. May 2017 with Chunkymonkey and Chubbyhubby! <--

Hope to see you all there!

Woo hoo! So excited :D I'm almost done with my Princess Half Report :rolleyes:

Thinking about putting myself on an actual schedule for the May one, since I have a lot of stuff I really want to talk about/review on the trip :) Surely with summer break I can manage.

Can't wait to read your report since I've been Facebook stalking you :P And we will have to see about meeting up when you head back! I'm still up for it if you are :)

Thinking about putting myself on an actual schedule for the May one, since I have a lot of stuff I really want to talk about/review on the trip :) Surely with summer break I can manage.

Can't wait to read your report since I've been Facebook stalking you :P And we will have to see about meeting up when you head back! I'm still up for it if you are :)
Where is this said report???

I just caught up over there! I haven't had time to comment but I loved your race pictures.
And yes, let's definitely meet up! I have changed my plans a bit but here is the gist of it:\
Friday May 19 - Epcot most of the day, then evening we're doing the dessert party at MK for Happily Ever After.
Saturday - We'll be at AKL for most of the morning just chilling, breakfast at Boma, then off to AKL for the afternoon, the Pandora Preview, and then safari at night. I wasn't planning to do a nighttime show but we're going to have a late dinner at Sanaa.
Sunday - DHS morning, lunch with my friend Betsy at Narcoosee's then either Epcot or MK for the rest of the day. Our flight leaves at 10pm so most likely we'll catch ME at 7pm. Dang buses come so early!
Let me know if this fits in with any of your days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter