Christmas Ornament Exchange???

dbarker

DIS Veteran
Can someone please give me info on Christmas Ornament Exchanges? How does it work, etc?

We usually cruise in the summer and have participated in the FE exchanges. DH and I are going to cruise in December 2016 and I'm interested in finding out info about the Christmas Ornament Exchanges.

TIA for all of your help.

If an ornament exchange is being organized for your cruise, any info about it will be on your Cruise Meet thread.

Enjoy your cruise!

The cruise we are going on.....nothing has been organized yet. There's not even a cruise meet thread yet. I may end up the organizer, so I need information.

Ooh, a Christmas ornament exchange sounds awesome!! Hope you can get one going for your cruise, dbarker! Have fun!

The person who was arranging one for our cruise is no longer on the cruise. I looked up the thread for 12/13/2015 and this is how she described it:

Welcome, and I would like to learn more about the ornament exchange!
"This will be a fun hour or so. You bring a DISNEY ornament. I will number each ornament as it comes in. Then we will go around and each person will pick a number and you will receive the corresponding ornament. There will be NO stealing of each others ornaments.(i.e. white elephant) This is not very Disney like. However if you so choose to exchange with someone after this party , well then go for it"

It does sound like fun!

Bobbi

Our November cruise is doing it. We are groups of 5 so we only need 4 ornaments to share. We wanted small groups. It is separate from the FE. There are NO restrictions. It does not have to be a Disney themed ornament, but I would think that most will be. They can be made or purchased. It is up to you. I am having so much fun preparing for it that I made 3-4 ornaments for each cabin and I joined 2 groups!

I think the premise is the same as the FE, have fun. When you start putting too many requirements on it, it loses the fun factor.

Thanks for all the replies. I won't want any restrictions. I will be making and personalizing them....probably not Disney themed, but Christmas themed.

I'm so excited about this cruise. Just DH and me - no kids. And Christmas and Disney combined. Woo Hoo.

Our November cruise is doing it. We are groups of 5 so we only need 4 ornaments to share. We wanted small groups. It is separate from the FE. There are NO restrictions. It does not have to be a Disney themed ornament, but I would think that most will be. They can be made or purchased. It is up to you. I am having so much fun preparing for it that I made 3-4 ornaments for each cabin and I joined 2 groups!

I think the premise is the same as the FE, have fun. When you start putting too many requirements on it, it loses the fun factor.

Sorry, still new to this..... trying to find out which November Cruise is organized. We are on the Nov 11th out of Miami and would love to join in if it is the same cruise

Sorry, still new to this..... trying to find out which November Cruise is organized. We are on the Nov 11th out of Miami and would love to join in if it is the same cruise

We are the Nov. 13th Dream 3 night. Love to have you but that would be difficult delivering to your room, lol

I like the idea of exchanging ornaments at a party, instead of leaving them in a Fish Extender. Then you exchange with people who actually came prepared. When I participated in a similar exchange on a DCL cruise, maybe 1/3 of the people who signed up actually followed through. If I went to the time and expense of making/bringing ornaments it would be more fun to give them to actual participants instead of leaving them at the doors of dead beats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter