Christmas Challenge - Healthy for the Holidays! (UPDATED 12/25)

***FYI to all challengers***

I just reread all the requirements on clippies, etc. The existing clippie is too big (in jpeg), so I saved it as a gif file. Please delete your old Christmas Challenge clippie and replace it with this one...

ChristmasChallengecopy.gif

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/crzy4pooh/ChristmasChallengecopy.gif[/IMG}

Sorry!!! :blush: Thanks for fixing this!!! ;)

Oo, oo... add me too, please! Since Halloween just expired, guess I need a new challenge. I'll try for another 10 pounds.
Thanks,
Laura
:drinking1

DoomBuggyBabe - you have been added to the list! We are so glad you're here - welcome aboard!!! :flower:

Count me in, please. My goal is 15 lbs gone. Now if I could just get rid of the candy!

frogmommy - I've got you on the list! So glad you joined us!!! :flower:

Morning all! :sunny: I've got to get DS up for preschool and head to work for a few hours, but I'll check back later. Please don't forget to switch out your clippie (read my post above). Hope you have a super day!!! :wizard:

Count me in. The Sept. and Oct. challenges were a real bust for me. I gained weight instead of losing it! :blush: I guess for Christmas I need to be a whole lot more realistic and not put so much pressure on myself. So I'm signing on to lose 10 lbs.

Ack! My husband and I went out to dinner last night, and somehow I weighed in two whole pounds heavier this morning... wow! Obviously, my meal was way bigger than I thought. I will not let this cause me to give up, I will not let this cause me to give up, I will not ...

I guess I just need to use this as a learning experience. I suppose that weight loss, like most things, takes some experimenting in order to master it. This was a good lesson in how much I need to cut back if I'm going to accomplish my goal. Maybe it's better to have goofed now, early in the challenge. I will not let this cause me to give up, I will not...

I hope everyone has a great day. It's sunny here. Be careful if you go out for a restaurant dinner!! We can do this! :cheer2:

I'm on day one and so far have measured out my breakfastl which is worth about 3 points on WW. Have also walked 5 miles on a beautiful day in Upstate NY. Came home and realzied there is candy everywhere I look around the house from last night so I need to get all of it out of site. Also need to get on the scale and see where I am. Last fall I did WW for several weeks and did great, problem is now I am right back to where I was. This is the first challenge I have done so I am hopeful that this will really work for me as I seemed to have tried everything else.
Hey, does anyone have a link that will explain how to add the clip art ? I'll try and search around now to try and figure it out but any suggestions would be welcome.
Hope everyone has a great start to the new month.

OK...Found the clip art information............Now if I can figure it out I'll be all set.

Ok, looks like I got this clippy thing to work, I think I may get hooked on this.
Let's see lunch was a yogurt and a diet pepsi, also had an apple mid morning. Only downfall was the pumpkin seeds, I love those things. Would rather eat those than the candy.
If anyone wants a low cal treat, try getting some chocolate graham crackers, break one in half and put in about a tablespoon of no fat cool whip. Yummy and are only about 1 WW point. I sometimes make a bunch ahead and put them in baggies in my freezer, only problem is that my kids eat them up on me.
Another goodie is buy a spice cake mix and add to it a can (small) of pumpkin pie filling. Mix really good and make muffins or a bread. Not sure the number of points but was told this is also a WW goodie. Must be low as there are no eggs or oil. Takes a bit longer to bake as there are really dense.
That's all.........need to go and find somemore clip art that I like. I've spent way to much time on this today.......oh well, at least I'm not eating.

cbrfan - You are now on the list - welcome!!! :flower:

M*2 - sorry about the weight gain! How often do you weigh yourself? I have to force myself to stay off the scale every day - I would get so frustrated with the fluctuations. Restaurants tend to use alot more sodium, so those two pounds (especially if you gained it in one day) may well be water retention. Don't get discouraged - you can do this!!! :cheer2: What plan are you using? We're all in this together, so let us know if we can help! :grouphug:

Goofy Mom - great job on today's food! And :banana: for the 5 mile walk!!! I love the graham cracker "ice cream" sandwiches, but can't stop at just one... so they don't get made very often. :blush: I LOVE the spice cake with pumpkin. I usually make them into 12 muffins, and they are 3 pts each (depends on the cake mix, though.) If you make 36 mini-muffins, they are one point each. You can also do chocolate cake mix with pumpkin. Yummy!!! ;)

Hope everyone is doing well! Please check in and share how your day is going! I'm off to clean the kitchen and get ready for work. Dinner has been in the crockpot all day and smells yummy - Champion All-Beef Chili (from the WW Turnaround cookbook). See you all later! :wave:

I am trying to get in shape for our upcoming cruise in February. I could use the extra incentive of a public challenge to help me get through the holidays. I also publicly vow that while doing my parental duty of checking halloween candy I will not declare all the snickers bars "tainted" so that I can keep them for myself :rolleyes1

Hi Everyone!

I've had a great past two days on program. (I do WW) I even managed to only have a couple of pieces of Halloween candy and we gave all the rest away to trick or treaters. Just got back from the gym and had subway for dinner, so I'm good to go! :banana:

Here's to another good day tomorrow!

Haley'smom - Welcome!!! :flower: LOL about the "parental duty" on the candy... sounds soooooo familiar.... :rotfl: We'll be checking on those snickers bars, though! ;)

Nanabug02 - great job on the eating and the gym workout!!! :cool1: You are doing awesome!!! :cheer2:

Hope everyone is having a great week so far! Please let us know how things are going! :wizard: for a healthy, on-program day tomorrow!

I haven't posted a goal because I think I am afraid to... I threw away my scale out of frustration, now what I wouldn't give to have it back! I have to go to the health club to get on their insurance program, so I will weigh in then. Unfortunately the health club is 30 minutes away, so I don't go there regularly... I will post my goal soon! Thanks!

Keep up your awesome work, everybody... I wish I could do that well!!!

Ashley

We didn't follow our menu 100% today. Instead of a banana and cottage cheese for snack tonight we had a lofthouse cookie. *sigh* oh well it was delicious and I did get a great workout in. Whooo hooooo!

LittleMissMickey - don't worry about the goal - just post it when you are ready. We would love for you to check in with us often about how things are going, though! :) And please don't say you "wish you could do that well" - you CAN!!! As Yoda says "Do or do not, there is no try." And as my WW leader says "How bad do you want it - what's it worth to you?" You can and will do this - you just have to believe that!!! You're doing awesome! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

gradtchr - oooohh, cookies... sounds yummy!!! ;) I think we do need to afford ourselves little treats occasionally. This has to be a lifestyle change or it won't last, and I don't think I could live forever without a cookie! :mickeybar Great job on the workout!!! :banana:

Morning everyone!!! I can't believe DS is still sleeping, but I'm about to wake him up and stick him in the jogging stroller for a walk/run. If you hear some yelling, you'll know he didn't like the idea... :rolleyes1 So what's your plan for today? I've got breakfast and dinner figured out, but not lunch... Any ideas? :confused3 Hope you have a super day!!! :cheer2: You can do this!!!

If it is not too late to join I would love to shoot for 10 pounds by Christmas.

Good morning everyone!

Well, I have been avoiding this thread for the past couple days because I am having a really hard time getting started (it all started with the gummy bear debacle the first day :rolleyes1 ). It sounds like everyone is off to a great start and I can't wait to get on track with you all!

dopey4disney--Welcome! 10 lbs for Christmas sounds like a great goal :)

crzy4pooh--i'll listen for any screaming :teeth: if you get desperate, you can always put me in the jogging stroller, but i think that'd up the intensity of your workout just a little :laughing:

Have a great day everyone!!

Hey everyone. Thanks Crzy4Pooh, I think you're right, it was the salt! I'm not on a particular program... last year I lost 12 pounds by eating a lot less and trying to "willpower my way through it." I'm taking a kinder route this time.. eating small, frequent meals (except for my restaurant treat!), and not letting myself get so hungry. I have ten more to go to reach my goal, and I so want to get in those jeans! This challenge couldn't have come at a better time! We're going to Disney in January, and I want to enjoy it as a reward.

Hope the DS is happily snoozing! Thanks for cheering us all on! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter