• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas at Fort Wilderness Campground 2009

Oyur site is 528 and is really decorated. If you are here, drop by and say hello.

Judy, Ken, Shawnee, Kenya and Kimberly

Judy, I met you in the comfort station while doing laundry. I did walk by your site to say Hi to Ken, but the funniest thing happened. I saw him outside messing the Christmas decorations. I pointed and said, "Are you Ken?" He replied with a strange look on his face, "Yes?" I said, "I met your wife in the comfort station. You post on the DIS boards?" He pointed to a lady sitting in the chair. She smiled and said "Hi" - but she wasn't the same lady I met in the comfort station. I laughed and realized I was one site off. But his name was Ken too! He didn't feel the humor!

Hey everybody. This is Dave the "Castle Guy". We are in the 700 loop. Stop by and see us.

Dave

Dave, I really enjoyed your display. I found it and then made my son ride bikes with me to see it again. He wanted to ask you about it - but you were busy talking to some people in the golf cart.

It was quite the gathering place. The sleigh ride made a point of riding by, and many people stopped in their golf carts. Hope your neighbors were polite about the congestion you caused!

Dave,

My DS13 and I saw part of your castle show a couple nights ago. We were somewhat blocked by a horsedrawn wagon in your entryway, but we saw enough to realize what a talent you are. How long will you be here? We hope to get the whole family over there for a full viewing. :wizard:

kaguilbeau,

Glad to finally meet you, even if it only electronically. I don’t know which neighbor is also a Ken, but I see the humor. Feel to drop back by to meet the whole group. :goodvibes

I have tried to post here for several days but either my computer or the FW cable modem is not cooperating. It keeps sending me back to reconnect. The modem didn’t work at all for several days and the service have worked well to find the problem, finally running a new line to our cable box outside. We’ve had good connectivity since then, but now need to be able to send a forum reply without it breaking the connection. I’ve finally written this in WORD so I can reuse it in case it doesn’t send again.:confused3

Ken in 528

Dave we were at the FT last night for a quick trip. Made sure we went by your site and it is amazing. I had a friend with us that had never been to the fort and she loved it. We are coming again for New Year's weekend, will you still be there?

Hey everybody. We will be at the Fort till Dec 27. The show starts at 6:00 pm and ends at 10:00 pm. Thanks for all the kind words. You are all to kind. Look forward to meeting each and every one of you!

Dave

Please, please, please can someone upload a video for us poor souls not lucky enough to be at the Fort with you all? After seeing Dave's display last year, I'm dying to see what he's put together this time. :magnify:

We finally got a chance to stop by and say hello and to view Dave's castle. It was incredible. Dave is quite the celebrity around here, he's known as "The Castle Guy". Dave, thank you so much for all the hard work and time you've put into this for all of us to enjoy.

Merry Christmas. :santa:

I've been meaing to post this for a week...

We stayed in a cabin from Dec 6-13 and it was our first time at the fort. I wanted to thank all the folks that decorated. It was a very memorable/magical part of our trip!!!! We had a golf cart and would cruise around checking it all out. We were blown away by some of the displays and my kids got a kick out of the decorated golf carts, too!

Thanks for the memories!!!!

Dave,
I must say, we really enjoyed your display. Went by several different times to see it. Merry Christmas

Okay guys, my son went by and videotaped Dave's Castle. I've been trying to upload it to Photobucket but it stops at 50%. Each video is 5 minutes long. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? :confused3

Dave, we really enjoyed the castle display. We were in 713 so we got to see the show every night from our site. Amazing! Merry Christmas!

Dave,

Just wanted to say we realy enjoyed the show and it was worth the trip. It was great meeting you, the man behind the legend. Cant wait for next years show.

This is Dave from Tampa, FL. We drove over just to see the castle we heard so much about.

Thanks and merry christmas.

Dave,

Just wanted to say we realy enjoyed the show and it was worth the trip. It was great meeting you, the man behind the legend. Cant wait for next years show.

This is Dave from Tampa, FL. We drove over just to see the castle we heard so much about.

Thanks and merry christmas.

Hey devores, thanks for making the drive. I am humbled. See you next year.

Dave

Hey Everybody. The final show was tonight. It's been a blast. It was GREAT meeting all of you. Look forward to seeing you again next year.

Happy New Year !!!!!

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter