• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas at Fort Wilderness Campground 2009

Hi All Disney Friends, We will be in on Dec 22 and will have to Decorate our site real FAST, we won 1st place last year in the Golf Cart parade for Christmas and had a Great time. This year I will be there for My Birthday (Yeah). Hope more people will participate this year, it was real fun. I hope to meet some of you when we get in . We will have a HUGE metal light up Mickey on the front of our motorhome. Built by a former worker from a Race Team. We will be in from Dec 22 to Jan 3rd.

See everyone soon!!!!!!:mickeyjum

what is Christmas like a Disney?? We usually go in August and went once in March. March break was crazy busy. Any recommendations as we are thinking of going for December 2010.

what is Christmas like a Disney?? We usually go in August and went once in March. March break was crazy busy. Any recommendations as we are thinking of going for December 2010.

Christmas-New Years is THE single busiest week of the entire year at WDW in terms of park attendance. Not at all uncommon for parks to close to capacity (particularly MK & HS), and some years MK has closed as early as 11am.

It's doable with a really good touring plan, getting to the parks for rope drop, using FP to your max advantage, and perhaps most important of all, having realistic expectations of what you'll be able to do and how long you may be waiting in lines for things.... including food, bathrooms, shopping, etc. :eek:

On the plus side, it's got to be one of the most festive places you can spend the holidays, and if you can appreciate that and not worry about the crowds, you can definitely have a magical time. :santa:

:santa: New to board, but not new to Disney. Headed to FW for our first ever Disney Christmas. Can someone tell me how you connect lights to the Disney golf carts? I've got 3 strands of LED lights and an inverter...is that all we need?

Hi,
That is what we use and believe me we had lights. We will be in on the 22nd, cant wait. I am a newbie too. But not to Disney. I wonder if there is something we can out on our site and Golf carts to let other know we are part of Disboards? Have to come up with something if not.

Have fun:santa:

Hi,
That is what we use and believe me we had lights. We will be in on the 22nd, cant wait. I am a newbie too. But not to Disney. I wonder if there is something we can out on our site and Golf carts to let other know we are part of Disboards? Have to come up with something if not.

Have fun:santa:

I hope you have time to do some reading:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1767194

Merry Christmas!

We'll be there a week from tomorrow... Can't wait! Looking forward to seeing Dave's famous castle. To all of you already at the Fort: Hope you're having a blast.

Hey everybody. This is Dave the "Castle Guy". We are in the 700 loop. Stop by and see us.

Dave

We will not be staying at the fort, but being locals, we plan to go and loop one night the week of christmas. Looking at x-mas eve. If I see any signs out I will be sure to say hi. We are mainly going to see "The Castle Guys" display. My DW saw the video and instantly said we will be going to see that. It is an impressive disply.

Hope to see and meet some of you.......wish I was staying, but couldnt see paying $100+ a night this close to our cruise.

Merry Christmas to all and have a magical day.

We arrived at the Fort on the 13th. Began setting out all the Christmas
decorations, blowups, etc. Then on the 18th we had to take down some of the decorations and the side room and move the RV for a while....a dead tree
behind our RV had to be removed. The people were nice and helped Ken move everything and then put it back. But it was not fun. We had spent nearly 4 days putting everything up and then had to do some of it again. They are giving us a free night for our trouble.

Oyur site is 528 and is really decorated. If you are here, drop by and say hello.

After 7 back surgeries in 7 weeks, I needed this "vacation". However, I am still waiting for the"vacation" part to begin. We will be here til Jan. 3.

Merry Christmas.

Judy, Ken, Shawnee, Kenya and Kimberly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter