• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas at Fort Wilderness Campground 2009

Were's Shan-man? Haven't heard from him in awhile...I know he's been busy and all.

I'm around! I will try to get a TR together in the next few weeks, but it has been REALLY busy between our trip, Santa visits and illness... we've been home 2 weeks and I still haven't emptied the moho! So for now I'm mostly lurking.

ShantaClausSm.png

Hey LuckyinGa, Go to Youtube and type in "Fort Wilderness Campgound", look for the castle. It says "Fort Wilderness Campground Christmas 2009"

Take care,
Dave

hey Dave it was great to meet you! We already have our ressies for next year and can't wait to see your display again!

I have posted pictures of our campsite taken during our Christmas stay this year on facebook. You can see them by going into face book/Judy Hammett. You will then click on photos and look for the album marked Christmas 2009.
Hope you enjoy our little Christmas decorations.

I have posted pictures of our campsite taken during our Christmas stay this year on facebook. You can see them by going into face book/Judy Hammett. You will then click on photos and look for the album marked Christmas 2009.
Hope you enjoy our little Christmas decorations.

Hi Judy, I sent you a friend request on FB as your photo setting must not be set to everyone because I can't see your photo tab. You can change that setting so everyone can see your photos and not have to be your friend on FB.

I would love to see the Christmas decorations @ the Fort, but wonder how can we do it? Would we need to take the sleigh ride or wagon ride? Is there a tour of the campground? Any ideas? :)

No the best ways is ether walk, bike or rent/ take our own GC. The sleigh ride or wagon ride only takes you in a few loops. We were on the sleigh ride loop last Dec. and it does not give you time to take it all in. My best bet is just walk or bike it you have all the time in Disney world

Walking is great with us! I would love to walk around the campground, but I thought maybe the area was huge and not easily walkable. Is it self explanatory where the campsites are that are usually decorated? :)

There will be decorations in every loop, but not necessarily at every campsite. Some people go all out, some more modest, all enjoyable.

The big time decorators usually are in 100,400 and 700 loop. There was a family in the 1600 loop but this year they are moving to 400 loop. You don’t need a cart just take a bus.

Thanks everybody for all the great ideas and info! :)

Christmas 2009
087.jpg

088.jpg

089.jpg

091.jpg

100.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

016.jpg

041.jpg

040-Copy.jpg

037.jpg

034-3.jpg

NikonPics512.jpg

NikonPics516.jpg

NikonPics521.jpg

NikonPics417.jpg

NikonPics493.jpg

NikonPics504.jpg

NikonPics475.jpg

NikonPics225.jpg

Sorry Dave a single shot or a video can’t capture your genus. You just have to see it live to take it all in

These were some of our favorite shots last Christmas.

100_5639.jpg

100_5595.jpg

Unfortunately we didn't do any decorating at our site last year but seeing so many great set ups made me decide that we will join the decorating spirit for Christmas 2010..We can't wait! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter