Choosing the Right DLR Area Hotel for You

Just booked BWPPI...so excited. We got a suite and I'm sharing the costs with my daughter and grandchildren! She has stayed at Park Vue before and said that was nice as well, and the convenience of being right across the street is awesome. It looks like the BWPPI is two buildings over, so really close as well. Now looking for plane fares. We don't go until November, but I feel so much better having our room. And...thanks to all of you for you input.
We are also planning to stay at BWPPPI for our first off-site Disneyland stay. I would be interested in hearing about your experience there when you return.

We're looking at a 2 night March 2020 trip (during spring break but no option there) - and it looks like we may be adding another couple (DB and DSIL) and my mom. I'm thinking 3 rooms is going to be the way to go, unless my bro and SIL want to share with my mom as my DH is not that interested in sharing. It seems like the suites at the Residence Inns all seem to have a bit weird bathroom configurations - weird in that other than the Executive Suite at the RI Convention Centre, they all have bathrooms connected to the bedrooms so whoever is on the sofabed would have to walk through someone's room for a night time visit.

Any other options I'm not thinking of?

Also I noticed the BWPPI specifically states the parking is only for after checkin and before checkout. Does anyone have first hand experience with that? We will only have one car for 3 rooms (if we book there) so I'm hoping they'll be lenient for parking outside checkin/check out but not sure. Also considering CCI for the free parking and a bit cheaper but of course it is a longer walk.

... Also considering CCI for the free parking and a bit cheaper but of course it is a longer walk.
Am I correct that you'll be a group of 5 adults total? We've done 2 connecting Premium rooms at the CCI -- works very well as a sort of suite -- larger rooms, plenty of sinks, 2 bathrooms (!), 4 queens, 2 small fridges, 2 microwaves, 2 DVD players (free rentals at the front desk), free breakfast delivered to the room (more available in the breakfast room if you want it), free parking, free private shuttle (runs on time), great customer service. The walk is about 8-10 minutes, and you can always use the shuttle when you feel like it. CCI offers various discounts so check to see if you qualify for something.
There are also hotels across from the parks on Harbor that have family suites that might work for you, e.g. DI&S, Park Vue, Del Sol (?), etc. And you could check the Homewood Suites -- close enough to the TS lot for you to take the free shuttles to/from the parks.

Am I correct that you'll be a group of 5 adults total? We've done 2 connecting Premium rooms at the CCI -- works very well as a sort of suite -- larger rooms, plenty of sinks, 2 bathrooms (!), 4 queens, 2 small fridges, 2 microwaves, 2 DVD players (free rentals at the front desk), free breakfast delivered to the room (more available in the breakfast room if you want it), free parking, free private shuttle (runs on time), great customer service. The walk is about 8-10 minutes, and you can always use the shuttle when you feel like it. CCI offers various discounts so check to see if you qualify for something.
There are also hotels across from the parks on Harbor that have family suites that might work for you, e.g. DI&S, Park Vue, Del Sol (?), etc. And you could check the Homewood Suites -- close enough to the TS lot for you to take the free shuttles to/from the parks.

Yes 5 adults. I'm just unsure if anyone wants to share a room for sleeping (which sounds like would be the case for CCI right?). I know my DH doesn't but its possible my mom and bro/SIL would be ok with it. I'll definitely throw it out there as an option. I looked at Park Vue and the 3 queen plus one other room works out cheaper than 3 separate rooms so that might be an option as well. Will check out Homewood Suites too as that was not one I had looked at. Thanks!

Probably in a group 2 with kids ages 6 and 4 for their first trip to Disneyland. What are some of the best options?
Depends on your budget/what amenities you'll need/want. Do we need a suite? Free parking? Do you want to stay close so you can walk? Will you be driving in? Hojo on Harbor is apparently good. It's got a little water park. Same with Courtyard Marriott Theme Park Entrance. Might be fun for the little kids if you won't be at the parks all day and night. There's cheaper hotels if you need something else.

My go to is Marriott's Courtyard at the Anaheim Resort Convention Center. It's a little far to walk but it's nice and on the cheaper side. Sometimes they offer free parking for AP's.

I’m scoping out a 3-night April trip and considering using Marriott points. Two options are the Fairfield Inn and the Courtyard Theme park Entrance which appear to be almost next to each other. Is there any significant difference in walking distance?

Also, the Courtyard has a water play area but costs more points. Any suggestions or info welcomed!! Thanks.
I've stayed at Fairfield Inn before. It's nice and some of the rooms are Disney Themed. The hotels are right next to each other, separated by a small fence. Fairfield is closer to the park entrance by like 90 seconds.

What is CCI?

Anyone have any experience with the Anaheim Islander Inn and Suites? We've booked a 2 room/3 bed suite for 4 adults at the end of next August for Star Wars Celebration and Disneyland. The price seemed good and it looks to be about equal distance between Disney and the convention centre (about 15 minutes walk to each), so was just wondering If anyone had stayed and what the experience was like. Thanks

We are looking at either Courtyard Themepark or Springhill for 4 adults and 2 kids. Both have bunks which is a plus. My mom has some mobility issues however she stayed with us on our last stay at DLH and made the daily trek through DTD without issues. Other options I should look at?

We are looking at either Courtyard Themepark or Springhill for 4 adults and 2 kids. Both have bunks which is a plus. My mom has some mobility issues however she stayed with us on our last stay at DLH and made the daily trek through DTD without issues. Other options I should look at?
Do you want to stick with Marriott properties? The Fairfield Inn is a little closer -- an older property, but a bit closer to the park entrance on Harbor. And the Residence Inn Convention Center is right next to the Springhill Suites on Katella -- maybe 10-20 seconds more to walk? Both the Springhill and the RI come with breakfast, so that's a plus. And both are located right by the 24/7 CVS and a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. (And there is a Starbucks across Harbor by the Walgreens.)
Would renting an ECV help your mother? For offsite rentals, Deckert's gets great reviews here. (No website, just call the number.) If she doesn't have experience with an ECV, have her practice first with a motorized cart at Target or Walmart (e.g. "driving," turns, stopping, maneuvering in crowds, etc.). For a multi-day trip, the more energy your mother can save on walking, the more stamina she'll have for the parks -- and the easier the trip will be for her and for the rest of you.

I realize there is an entire thread on this but noticed a lot of responses and postings are from over a year ago...We are a family of 6 (4 kids 16, 13, 7, 2) planning a trip to DL in March. We have been one other time about 6 years ago and stayed at DLH. Unfortunately none of the on site resorts fit us unless we are willing to spend a small fortune, which we are not. So I am looking for advice on a hotel within a short walking distance that is comfortable, clean, nice, and has rooms that can fit a family of our size. The Courtyard Anaheim and Hyatt Place at Anaheim Convention Center have caught my eye. Any feedback on these resorts or any other suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!!

There are many hotels close by the parks that can fit your family and many are mentioned in numerous threads on this forum. Look at the suite hotels (Clementine, Residence Inn, Springhill Suites on Katella, Homewood Suites, etc.) and the Desert Palms, DI&S, connecting rooms at the CCI (Premium Rooms work well for this), etc. The Courtyard gets very good reviews here. Also do a search on this forum to see what other hotels come up for family suites. And do read through this thread: Choosing the Right DLR Area Hotel for You -- the latest posts are not over a year old -- and the recommendations for the good hotels are repeated for good reason. There is a lot of helpful information in that thread.

We are also a family of 6 - kids are 8, 6, 3, 1 - and we have stayed at the courtyard the last two visits and I think it's where we will try to stay from now on. Two queens + 2 bunk beds and a pack and play means no one is on the floor. haha. the bunk beds seem a tiny bit smaller than a normal twin so keep that in mind for big kids, but it works really well for us. The room is designed really well for a bigger family - two separate showers, a decent area by the door for a stroller/shoes/bags. We have also stayed at the RI convention center which is awesome for the suites (big, full kitchen) and free full breakfast, but even with a suite our kids were 3 to a sofa bed. We liked it because we could store snacks for the park (milk etc for babies), but the courtyard room design ended up being our favorite I think (plus my kids like the water park.) It's also obviously a much shorter walk. Let me know if you have any questions! I know figuring out a lot of kids is tough :)

We can highly recommend homewood suites convention center mentioned above. We have stayed in the king suite with bunks. There are 3 single beds-one goes on the floor. It slides out from under the bunks. There’s also a pull out couch. We stayed with my kids and 2 sibs last year and it worked out well. There was 6 of us.

Next summer just our family will be staying in a 2 queen suite. We have found our kids no longer need a separate bedroom to fall asleep and it was cheaper to use our points with this room category.

Another vote for the Courtyard (I think it's called Theme Park Entrance on the Marriott site). Our family was very comfortable. Bunk beds were a hit with the kids and split bathroom was a hit with the adults. I had read that you could start swimming early on check in day, we packed a day bag and arrivedat 11am, shortly after the pool opened, and had a blast. Loved watching the fireworks from the pool deck at night too. I tried timing the walk, but got distracted. On a 8am opening day, we left the room at 7:25 and were walking on Mainstreet at 7:45 (even with the least efficient Disney bag checkers ever).

On a future visit I plan on comparing the Residence Inn just down the road. Simply for the kitchenette and "free" (included) hot breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter