Choosing the Right DLR Area Hotel for You

Is the Courtyard Marriott Anaheim Themepark Walkable?

The Courtyard Marriott Anaheim Theme Park Entrance hotel is extremely walkable.

The Courtyard Marriott Anaheim Resort is a hike but walkable. It’s certainly a lot less walking than you’ll do in a couple hours at the parks.

The Courtyard Marriott Anaheim Buena Park and Courtyard Marriott Anaheim Cyprus/Orange are not walkable at all.
OP here - reposting a link from the OP that helps one see how close (or far) things are around DLR:

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=33.809212&lon=-117.918813&z=17&m=w
:wizard:

How far of a walk is Hyatt house? Is it close enough that you feel you could go back for a midday break?
As others said, it’s 10-15 min walk. We don’t stay there when we plan midday breaks. It would be kinda far for that, for us. We’ve stayed there several times but never tried their pool. We generally stay there on very short and/or winter trips when pool breaks won’t be part of our plans. We only take midday breaks if we are staying at the Grand and want to use the pool. When the kids were younger they just slept in the stroller.

Hotel advice please!! There are just 3 of us (me, husband, 6 year old son). On park days, we plan on being at the parks for open and some days may stay until 9 or 10 at night.

I currently have a reservation w/free cancellation booked at the Best Western Raffles. It really appealed to me because of the large rooms with separate bedroom and proximity to the toy Story parking lot. Reading that it is old and that the breakfast is so-so. Also read that parking is a bit of a nightmare (though we only have a car for 2 of the 9 nights).

I just saw a really great price on a king studio suite at the SunCoast Park Hotel (Formerly country Inn) on S Clementine. Looks really nice and is newer/updated, and it looks like a pretty easy walk to DL. Price will be about $50 cheaper a night, but we'd have to pay for breakfast at $9/person so overall around $25/night cheaper. I grabbed it w/free cancellation up until March 9.

Biggest con to SunCoast for me is not being on S Harbor Blvd and the room size (even though it is definitely more than liveable for us! Pros/cons to both? Thanks!

I have a question, I hope someone can help with!
We are currently booked at HoJos but found a Fairfield deal that is 200 cheaper, and the Desert Inn would save us 300. It is just my husband and I and I plan on being in the hotel as little as possible, just basically to sleep and shower.
My husband is pretty tall and we have stayed at hotels where the shower head is about chest level which kind of drives him bonkers. Anyone stayed at any of these hotels and have an opinion on which we should choose?
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter