• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chit Chat Thread - November ADRs...

Thank you for everyone's help!

I have another question. The only O'hana breakfast I've been able to get is our AK day, would it be crazy (and too time consuming) to stay at POR, then do breakfast at O'hana at 8:10, then head to AK? It would be a bus ride and monorail from POR to O'hana and then a bus to AK, right?

Thank you for everyone's help!

I have another question. The only O'hana breakfast I've been able to get is our AK day, would it be crazy (and too time consuming) to stay at POR, then do breakfast at O'hana at 8:10, then head to AK? It would be a bus ride and monorail from POR to O'hana and then a bus to AK, right?

That depends on how much you really want that 'Ohana breakfast and how much it would annoy you or your family to have to spend the time to get from POR to the Poly and then from Poly to AK. If you are able, you could take a cab or Uber to Poly and then to AK, which would save you time but would be an additional cost.

Are you doing anything after AK? Or is it just AK and then back to the resort? Overall, I don't think it's a ton of running around to get to Poly for breakfast and and then do AK. I would think it would be much if you had a packed day the rest of the day where you had a lot going on - like AK then MK then off to MVMCP. But if it's 'Ohana and AK I think that's fine. I personally don't like the extra time for travel between resort restaurants if it's not convenient to a park, but if I really wanted to eat a certain place and it was a slow paced day I might go for it!

I have a PPO breakfast at Garden Grill, but am having a hard time justifying the cost. Anyone else feel the same?
I definitely think there's a benefit at Epcot. The two longest wait times are TT and Soarin' and you can't get a FP for both. We're doing a PPO breakfast at Garden Grill, which is in the same pavilion as Soarin'. We'll eat breakfast quickly and then go straight to Soarin'. Then we'll do Living with the Land (also in that Pavilion) and hopefully we'll beat the crowds to those two. Then we'll use one of our FPs for TT.

Honestly, with the tier FP system that only lets you choose TT or Soarin', I think the PPO breakfast is even more beneficial in Epcot.

I have a PPO breakfast at Garden Grill, but am having a hard time justifying the cost. Anyone else feel the same?

Not any more so than most of my ADRs to be honest. Although, I do agree the character buffets, especially for breakfast, are expensive!!

My turn to ask a FP and ADR question...if I have a 5:00 - 6:00 Jungle Cruise ADR, if I hit that right at 5:00 that should give me plenty of time to get to BOG for a 5:40 dinner right? I mean even if JC is 30 minutes we should be able to make it to BOG in 10.

My turn to ask a FP and ADR question...if I have a 5:00 - 6:00 Jungle Cruise ADR, if I hit that right at 5:00 that should give me plenty of time to get to BOG for a 5:40 dinner right? I mean even if JC is 30 minutes we should be able to make it to BOG in 10.

If you go right at 5, it'll be close but you should be fine. Jungle Cruise is probably about 15 minutes in length, but you also have to add in a short wait in the FP+ cue and loading/unloading the boat.

What is seating like at SoA? I got two for a night while we are there and am hoping for one more for the same night. As long as they are in the same category of seating, can I ask that the three seats be together even if I get a reservation of 2 and a reservation of 1?

I got a late night CRT reservation at 810. That night fireworks are at 8. Do you think we will be able to see them while we wait to be called? Is service really slow there? I am just afraid my kids might be tired.

Is anyone driving from the northeast? Looking for advice for our upcoming trip?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is our first trip and we are very excited/ nervous!!!

Last post, so sorry, but I can not figure out how to pm someone. I have the 10 posts needed... Can anyne please help???

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a late night CRT reservation at 810. That night fireworks are at 8. Do you think we will be able to see them while we wait to be called? Is service really slow there? I am just afraid my kids might be tired.
In my experience there was a wait for CRT and you wait in the lobby. I guess you could check in and ask to stay out front and watch. How old are your kids? Mine are 9 & 6!and would never make an 8 pm dinner unless it was a down day and we just went to the park for a bit in the evening. Disney is so exhausting.

Anyone have any idea what happens if you show up with one extra person to your dining reservation>

Last post, so sorry, but I can not figure out how to pm someone. I have the 10 posts needed... Can anyne please help???

I think you have to wait 30 mins (or maybe an hour? or was it 10 mins?) after your 10th post before you can PM.

My kids are 2 an 4 but that was the only time I could get CRT and they love princesses. I do have akershus earlier that day that I was going to cancel but I was thinking of trying something new since we already have been to akerahus. Maybe I will need to reconsider.
In my experience there was a wait for CRT and you wait in the lobby. I guess you could check in and ask to stay out front and watch. How old are your kids? Mine are 9 & 6!and would never make an 8 pm dinner unless it was a down day and we just went to the park for a bit in the evening. Disney is so exhausting.

My kids are 2 an 4 but that was the only time I could get CRT and they love princesses. I do have akershus earlier that day that I was going to cancel but I was thinking of trying something new since we already have been to akerahus. Maybe I will need to reconsider.
Just keep looking an earlier time may open up closer to the day. You know your kids but no way would it be a pleasant experience when mine were 2&4.

I don't think I would do both princess meals on one day, even with two princess-loving kids. I would pick one or the other, and my guess is I would decide based on the better meal time for the group.

I think you have to wait 30 mins (or maybe an hour? or was it 10 mins?) after your 10th post before you can PM.

This is what I've heard as well. To actually PM, click on the poster's name. A pop up box appears and then you click on 'start a conversation." That's how you private message (PM) another Disboard member.

Why is it so hard to get reservations to Ohana?

It's just really, really popular. And it doesn't have a lunch option so everyone is fighting for breakfast and dinner. Supposedly BOG and CRT are some of the hardest ADRs to pick up, along with 'Ohana and Akershus. For some reason this year 'Ohana has been the toughest for me. Although, to be fair I haven't been looking for it as much as my BOG since I've gone back and forth on whether I want to eat there.

But keep trying! Are you following the November cancellation thread in case something opens up? And keep checking the website. Some people may even wait to cancel the night before the meal so even keep checking once you get to WDW - good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter