Chit Chat Thread - November ADRs...

I don't really understand what the big deal is against people wanting to trade ADRs

I think people do that anyway unfortunately

The trading of ADR's is something that could lead to Disney taking down the site, and as clevmom said it keeps people from getting what they want because people will hoard the ADR's in hopes of using them as leverage to get other things they may want even if they do not intend to use what they booked. The Cancellation post is the only place where things should be listed as being cancelled/not traded. Post a want or looking to trade, and it will be cancelled (listed in rules that are in the first post of the thread that the title of the thread tells you to read).

Last edited:
I don't really understand what the big deal is against people wanting to trade ADRs

I think the concern is abuse of the system/rules. Can anyone stop hoarding? No. But at the same time the Dis can't encourage it either. People should make reservations they need and allowing people to trade encourages hoarding of popular ADRs to later use as bartering tools. And if you allow trading why not selling??

Under the Dis guidelines, people can announce cancellations and even coordinate cancellations but at the end of the day they aren't expecting anything in return so there's less incentive to try to abuse the system. And all drops occur through the Disney site so even with coordination, someone else may be online and see it and have it available to book.

BTW - your posts on the cancellation thread will be deleted by the moderator and will decrease your post count if you are trying to get to 10. Feel free to post here to get to 10 though.

So, I have a reservation for an 'Ohana dinner and I've never been there. I was just looking at the menu, and I'm not sure that my kids will like it. They don't really eat meat outside the nugget form, and the menu looks like a lot of meat on skewers. Would love opinions on if it would be worth it.

Last edited:
So, I have a reservation for an 'Ohana dinner and I've never been there. I was just looking at the menu, and I'm not sure that my kids will like it. They don't really eat meat outside the nugget form, and the menu looks like a lot of meat on skewers. Would love opinions on if it would be worth it.

So hard to say! I don't have kids so not sure if there's a kids menu but would they like any of the other food if they don't like the meat - coconut bread, noodles, salad, wings, pot stickers, and the dessert? There is a ton of food besides the meat...I loved the salad, noodles, wings and pot stickers...in fact, more so than the meat last time I was there. The meat was dry last time I went. The first time I went everything was perfect but that was 2011.

I think they have kid options they can bring out, I'm pretty sure you can get chicken nuggets of you ask for them. :-)

Hi, I just saw your posts in the November cancellation thread. Just a reminder that you can only post your ADRs that you're canceling or ADRs you see available. NO chit chat is allowed there so you can't even thank the person who posted what they want to cancel. The moderator will delete all your posts then remind you to read post 1 of that thread.

You are welcome to chit chat here though.

Forgive me if this has already been asked (I haven't read all 85 pages) but why is it absolutely impossible to get a dinner ADR at DHS for 11/17? I have been trying multiple times a day since my 180+10 window opened and I have found nothing! Is there some sort of event that day?

DHS closes at 4:00 on 11/17 according to the published park hours. I think I read somewhere they may be having a private event.

Here is a question! Doing some final trip preperations since we are now 25 days away (cant come soon enough!!!)

Disney changed the park hours for the week of Thanksgiving and MK now opens @ 8am. We have an 8:15am ADR for BOG breakfast. Is there zero chance of being let into the park early now that theyve changed their park open time??

I know there is no set time to get through the FP lines and that makes it hard. I have a 1:30-2:30 SDMT but a 1:55 BOG ADR. I know the are pretty close but I feel like it's such a gamble!

Thoughts???

Hello everyone, have been watching the boards for a while now and getting lots of great tips :thanks:, and thought I should finally make an account (especially in case one of those elusive final ADRs come up in the cancellation thread)!

Question for anyone, I got a CRT ADR at 2:30 on a Friday party night at my 180+10 and was lucky enough to just grab a 12:20 on the same day. I am leaning towards keeping the 12:20 and letting the 2:30 go, but any thoughts on whether one or the other would be better as far as touring goes?

Thank you!

Question for anyone, I got a CRT ADR at 2:30 on a Friday party night at my 180+10 and was lucky enough to just grab a 12:20 on the same day. I am leaning towards keeping the 12:20 and letting the 2:30 go, but any thoughts on whether one or the other would be better as far as touring goes?

Thank you!

I"m jealous that you got 2 CRTs, congrats! I like to eat lunch at my normal lunch time so I'd keep the 12:20pm. Are you going to be at MK all day then stay for the party? Will any of your FP conflict with either of those ADR times?

I"m jealous that you got 2 CRTs, congrats! I like to eat lunch at my normal lunch time so I'd keep the 12:20pm. Are you going to be at MK all day then stay for the party? Will any of your FP conflict with either of those ADR times?
Hmm, good point. We have an 11:40 fast pass for Enchanted Tales with Belle. So many things to keep straight! Wonder if we'd be able to make both work or lose our CRT reservation? :crazy2:

Hmm, good point. We have an 11:40 fast pass for Enchanted Tales with Belle. So many things to keep straight! Wonder if we'd be able to make both work or lose our CRT reservation? :crazy2:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but does FP+ for Enchanted Tales w/ Belle fill up really fast? I guess it just seemed like an easy one to snag...maybe you can change it out? but yeah I think it'd finish preeeetty close to that lunch time. If you're doing RD and a breakfast before (@ your resort?) then it might be tough to wait so long...unless you're using snacks to your advantage! ;)

It seems like everyone wants PPO MK reservations, are there advantages to Epcot PPO reservations? If we do breakfast at 8:15 at Epcot (when it opens at 9) I'm assuming it will take 60-90 min, so we'd be in the park ready to ride after park opens at 9:15. Wondering if it's better to be ready to ride at 9, and do a lunch instead... Opinions?

It seems like everyone wants PPO MK reservations, are there advantages to Epcot PPO reservations? If we do breakfast at 8:15 at Epcot (when it opens at 9) I'm assuming it will take 60-90 min, so we'd be in the park ready to ride after park opens at 9:15. Wondering if it's better to be ready to ride at 9, and do a lunch instead... Opinions?

I definitely think there's a benefit at Epcot. The two longest wait times are TT and Soarin' and you can't get a FP for both. We're doing a PPO breakfast at Garden Grill, which is in the same pavilion as Soarin'. We'll eat breakfast quickly and then go straight to Soarin'. Then we'll do Living with the Land (also in that Pavilion) and hopefully we'll beat the crowds to those two. Then we'll use one of our FPs for TT.

Honestly, with the tier FP system that only lets you choose TT or Soarin', I think the PPO breakfast is even more beneficial in Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter