Chicken & Waffles

I've downloaded a bunch of No Reservations episodes on iTunes and just noticed that the Los Angeles episode in Season 3 has a segment about Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles! How timely! :thumbsup2

When I lived in LA I took friends to the Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles on Gower street in Hollywood all the time! The place has a line-up for breakfast that rivals most clubs.

The chicken & waffles combination isn't such a far-out idea. :confused3

Hi Corey and Julie

I know that both of you are from Southeast Louisiana and I'm from Southwest Louisiana. I had to laugh at the podcast and Julie's reaction to the chicken and waffle dish. I can speak from this side of the state and safely say it's not a cajun dish. It is a soul food dish and I only became familiar with it when I was in Houston. And Julie, you need to make Kevin some jambalaya so he will have a proper reference to the dish. He must be getting jambalaya and an etouffee confused.

I absolutely love the show. Thanks so much for making my week so great.

Sammie

Note that it also comes from the part of the country in which mac and cheese is a veggie that can be served with breakfast.

And if chicken is good on a biscuit, why not on a waffle? Adding chicken makes breakfast food edible!!

I'm something of a chicken and waffles expert, having eaten at Roscoe's in LA (several locations, multiple times--including several visits during pregnancy for severe cravings!) and at Gladys Knight's in Atlanta. Roscoe's is better, in my opinion, because of the fantastic waffle with a hint of cinnamon.

I can't tell you how many times I've had to defend my love for this awesome combination.

I also used to eat at a place called Cluck U Chicken (in Phoenix) that had honey-dipped fried chicken-- same concept with the sweet and savory.

Give it a try! Pour the syrup on the waffle and the chicken, cut off a bite of chicken and waffle, eat them both together. Something magical will happen in your mouth!:) :wizard:

I'm from south central PA and for as long as I can remember my grandmother has prepared homemade waffles & chicken. Only difference is we eat it with gravy instead of syrup.

Aunt Sarah's restaurant in Richmond is where I first heard about Chicken N' Waffles. Still haven't tried it yet but sounds good. Maybe when I move to Florida (soon) I'll stop by Boatwrights and try some.

Now chicken on a biscuit on the other hand does make breakfast more fun, so chicken on a waffle seems like a logical idea to me:thumbsup2

Love that chicken from Popeyes!! :thumbsup2

Agreed. I vaguely heard of Chicken and Waffles as a soul food pairing in when I lived hear Detroit. But I really heard about it when I moved here to Atlanta because of the "Chicken and Waffles" resturant here.

To me the pairing sounds great, but then I like chocolate kisses and triple pepperoni pizza :-)

I have honestly never heard of chicken and waffles before (well, I've heard of them...just not together!). I'm not making any judgements though as it still grosses my family out when I poor Tabasco sauce all over my scrambled eggs! :thumbsup2

I have honestly never heard of chicken and waffles before (well, I've heard of them...just not together!). I'm not making any judgements though as it still grosses my family out when I poor Tabasco sauce all over my scrambled eggs! :thumbsup2

Have you tried Tabasco on popcorn? I love it! popcorn::

Chicken and Waffles is referenced in Swingers, where Vince Vaughn made peace with the "House of Pain" guys by buying them some C & W.

When Austin Powers goes back in time in "Goldmember," the restaurant in the background is "Willie Dynamite's Chicken and Waffles."

Would you like a shmoke und a pancake?
A shmoke und a pancake. You know, a flapjack und a shigarette? No? Shigar und a waffle? No? Pipe und a crepe? No? Bong und a blintz? No? Well, then there ish no pleashing you.

My regrets to Roscoe, Gladys and all of the other purveyors of this delicacy, but I will pass.

To those going on about the glory of chicken and waffles, I think you should by all means visit Disney's watered down version of a deep south, Creole, New Orleans, soul food restaurant. They are serving up a rather pricey and uninspired versions of just about everything on their menu, chciken and waffles being among the offerings.

You have my opinion....it's pricey, loud, rushed and the food is uninspired and poorly executed.

Let me know what you think.

FYI...

Food Network has a show on tonight with the theme of chicken & waffles. ROFL.

Much as I like chicken and waffles, Kevin, I'll take your word that Boatwright's version is below par. I'd rather leave it to the experts.

Gracious welcomes, pecan pie, Kentucky whiskey, gumbo, gentle ladies and good looking gentlemen, chldren who say "Ma'm" and "Sir", competitive college football, sprawling oak lined campuses, and come to think of it, Walt Disney World is in the South too.
Yall come back now.

Tss Tss Kscottiemom - You should know better! FL is not in the South - It's just a bunch of Yankees who lost their mittens!

;)

Until they start serving sweet tea in Florida, it isn't part of the real south. They're just their own little category :]

FYI...

Food Network has a show on tonight with the theme of chicken & waffles. ROFL.

I had to laugh today because the latest issue of Details magazine has an article about breakfast and it features..... yep you guessed it... Chicken and Waffles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter