CHICAGO/O'HARE Meet 11/12/05 - There's a PIC near the end!!!

KimRaye

DIS Oldtimer and Threadkiller
11/6 - LIST UPDATE - TO THE BEST OF MY RECORDS :rolleyes: PLEASE CHECK, CONFIRM AND/OR POST CORRECTION.

THANKS!!!

UPDATE 10/24 - I GOT A CALL FROM GINO'S TODAY, AND IT APPEARS WE'VE BEEN BUMPED FROM THE BANQUET ROOM. ANOTHER PARTY IS GUARANTEEING A $600 CHECK, AND I CAN'T DO THAT, OR TAKE THAT FINANCIAL RISK.

SO ANYWAY, IT SEEMS WE'RE BEING MOVED INTO THE REGULAR RESTAURANT AREA, PROBABLY ALL TO OURSELVES IN THIS PARTICULAR SECTION, BUT IT MEANS TABLE & CHAIR SETTINGS AND BOOTHS SURROUNDING THE TABLES. WE'LL HAVE A LOT OF LITTLE GROUPS. (MIGHT BE EASIER FOR MINGLING THO. ;) ) SO, ANY OPINIONS? :confused3 DO YOU ALL STILL WANT TO GO THIS ROUTE?

TIA

WE HAVE RESSIES!!!!!!!!! FOR 11/12 @ 5:00 AT GINO'S O'HARE. YOU CAN CHECK THEM OUT AT GINOSONHIGGINS.COM

ALSO, CHECK OUT THEIR PARTY PACKAGES AND SEE WHAT YOU THINK. IF WE HAD 20 OR MORE INTERESTED, MAYBE WE COULD GO THE PACKAGE ROUTE. :confused3 IT WOULD COME TO ABOUT $12 PER ADULT, AND $7 FOR KIDS 4-9

WOO-HOO - SOMEBODY LOVES US AFTER ALL! ;) :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

UPDATE: 10/18 - I CALLED GINO'S IN ROLLING MEADOWS AND THEY CAN NOT ACCOMMODATE OUR GROUP WITHOUT SPLITTING US UP. I EXPLAINED THAT WE WEREN'T GETTING TOGETHER TO BE SEPARATED. :guilty:

SO, I'LL TRY GINO'S O'HARE TOMORROW. (I DIDN'T HAVE THE NUMBER WITH ME AT THE TIME. DIDN'T THINK I'D NEED IT.) :confused3

FOR THOSE OF YOU PRICELINING - YOU MIGHT WANT TO WAIT, AND IF I GET GINO'S O'HARE, YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY FOR O'HARE/ROSEMONT/PARK RIDGE/NILES/DES PLAINES, MAYBE EVEN SCHILLER PARK/NORRIDGE/HARWOOD HEIGHTS AREAS.

SORRY ABOUT THIS EVERYONE.

I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED.

UPDATE 10/17: SAT. 11/12 IS THE DATE. GATHERING @ 5PM, WITH CHIT-CHAT, GREETINGS/MEETINGS, AND DINNER TO FOLLOW, OF COURSE! :teeth: I WILL PROBABLY CALL GINO'S EAST IN ROLLING MEADOWS TOMORROW - THEY TOLERATE, I MEAN LOVE :lovestruc US! :rotfl: :rotfl2: 'SITUATION' HAS BEEN RESOLVED.

PLEASE CONTINUE TO CHECK IN WITH YOUR NUMBERS, IF YOU HAVEN'T! :sunny: THANKS TO THOSE WHO HAVE.

10/14 UPDATE: PLEASE EVERYONE, IF YOU WOULDN'T MIND, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN A POST HOW MANY ADULTS/CHILDREN ARE IN YOUR PARTY, EVEN IF IT'S A 'GUESSTIMATE' FOR NOW.

Post, PM, BE THERE!

10/17 - Here's who I have so far, there may be DIScrepancies, so please re-post or PM me directly so I can correct, and I apologize in advance for omissions/errors (geesh, I sound like my boss :rolleyes2 :laughing: ) and if I use your real name and/or screen name:

BigV - 2 adults
Peddle's - 2 adults
Dan & Marie - 2 adults
niteowl71 - 1 adult 1 almost teen ;)
Joan & Cameo - 1 adult 1 teen
lajones (Lisa) - 1 adult
BriarRosie (Lori) - ?? (I think she's in WDW right now)
Minnie824 - ??
hsteacher (Janie) - 2 adults 1 teen
BethanyF - ??
disneymama73 - 2 adults 2-1/2 kids ;)
experiment626mom - ??
slo - 2 adults 1 child
Hersey - 1 adult 1 child
Roseprincess - ? 2 adults 2 kids ?
DisneyMommyMichelle - ? 2 adults 1 child ?
Jayna22 - 1 adult
Beastlover - 2 adults (1 child?)
Sk8Leigh - 1 adult (Our Accountant!) :teeth:
Donna & Mark - ?2?
Nancy - 0 WAAAAAAH!
Piglet too - 1 adult (maybe 1 child?) (Our back-up Accountant!) :teeth:
debloco - 1 adult
me & Kelly - 1 adult and 1 child

WOW, WOW, WOW! This is looking BIG!!! :cheer2:

Hi Kim! :wave2: Good to see you again. :sunny: It's been WAY too long since I've seen you guys. :earseek: I think we're pretty much open for any date. I'll keep an eye on this thread for when you set a date so I can Priceline a hotel. :cool1:

It appears that we might be able to make it if it were to be later in the day as Britt has to go to a class in the morning.

Hmmmm....

That day is shockingly open...

let me see what my hubby thinks...

It would honestly depend on finances more than anything right now since we will be leaving a few weeks later to go to WDW :)

Hello Boys! :wave: Thanks for checking in. Keep your eye on this thread, and if you think of someone I may have overlooked, forgotten, or just don't know (!), please forward this on. ;)

Hey, Kim. I think that date is fine. As far as I know (how far is that? :confused3), we have nothing on then! :cool1:

I have jury duty that week. You don't suppose that a DISmeet is a valid excuse for serving, do you?

I'll check with the official scheduler. I personally can't think of anything on that day, but I'm not allowed to keep the calendar so need to get back...

Unfortunately, I'll be in the UK that day.

Nov 12?

I will be in WDW that weekend for the last weekend of the F&W festival..

Thank you all for checking in! Sorry that some of you already have plans, but NICE PLANS!!! ;)

Again friends, if you run across a Chicago-area DISer, please forward this on. I'm not as active on the CB anymore, so I'm not as 'in touch' with fellow, local DISers. If you post on other boards, please feel free to link. I will post a link on the WISH board, IF it's allowed. :confused3

For now, given the replies, let's go with November 12th, later afternoon for gathering, to have dinner, to accommodate some of those who need to travel and/or have AM plans, ok? :confused3

Thanks again!

Kim
:Pinkbounc

So far I have no plans for that day. Where would it be? Most likely it would be myself and DD Stacey, she is 12. :)

Great Carrie!!!

KimRaye said:
UPDATE: UNLESS OTHER IDEAS/SUGGESTIONS COME IN, 11/12 IS THE DATE. I'M PROPOSING A LATE AFTERNOON GATHERING, WITH DINNER TO FOLLOW. I GUESS GINO'S EAST IN ROLLING MEADOWS ALSO - THEY TOLERATE US ANYWAY! :rotfl: :rotfl2:

PLEASE CONTINUE TO CHECK IN! :sunny:

:grouphug:

Wow! an opportunity to gather with Chicago Dis'ers again.~~WAY COOL.. and this time I only have to drive up from SWILL... ;)... southwestern illinois....
much easier trip than the cross country from California...

the 12th sounds good... DS has gf visiting from CA. that wkd, so I am not sure what all the plans for the wkd may be... ever try to nail a 18 year old boy down on his future wkd plans??....impossible...

see ya all soon! :cool1:

mamajoan said:
... ever try to nail a 18 year old boy down on his future wkd plans??....impossible...
Yes......17 & 10/12ths yo and he doesn't know what he did today, or what he's doing tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Hey Joan, bring them BOTH With! That'll teach 'em! :rotfl:

Towncrier said:
I have jury duty that week. You don't suppose that a DISmeet is a valid excuse for serving, do you?
You can't serve on a Saturday anyway! Come on over! :goodvibes ;)

Hi!
This will be my first official Chicago area DIS meet. :)

Lisa

Dan Murphy said:
Hey, Kim. I think that date is fine. we have nothing on then! :cool1:
Dan, I am actually amazed that given the somewhat last minute 'nudge' from someone ;) , I picked a date (the ONLY Sat I can make it), and it seems to be somewhat OK so far. WHO KNEW?! :confused3

I'm getting excited!!! :cheer2: :goodvibes :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter