Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I watched Darvish get two strike outs and thought that maybe he had gotten back on track. Then loaded the bases on walks. And not just once. Urg. I just thought the rest of the team on the field were getting bored just standing there watching.

I watched Darvish get two strike outs and thought that maybe he had gotten back on track. Then loaded the bases on walks. And not just once. Urg. I just thought the rest of the team on the field were getting bored just standing there watching.
To me, it was as if you could literally see the adrenaline wear away to head games pitch by pitch. His body language was text book. Concerning to me because the offense gave him a 3 run lead/cushion ( pretty sure they knew that was going to be needed big time to bolster). Add Willy still struggling with framing, an Ump borderline squeezing, pressure of his first outing in forever, and it all fell apart.( and I doubt he could block out the massive Darvish face/ sign being held up behind home plate :rotfl:) I will have to watch if when his pitch count gets high in an inning, if he just hits meltdown or not. He hasn’t pitched deep into a game as a Cub yet to really know( at least that I can recall but I might be blocking it out)

To me, it was as if you could literally see the adrenaline wear away to head games pitch by pitch. His body language was text book. Concerning to me because the offense gave him a 3 run lead/cushion ( pretty sure they knew that was going to be needed big time to bolster). Add Willy still struggling with framing, an Ump borderline squeezing, pressure of his first outing in forever, and it all fell apart.( and I doubt he could block out the massive Darvish face/ sign being held up behind home plate :rotfl:) I will have to watch if when his pitch count gets high in an inning, if he just hits meltdown or not. He hasn’t pitched deep into a game as a Cub yet to really know( at least that I can recall but I might be blocking it out)
Darvish kept trying to paint the corners and he was doing pretty good. But the ump wasn't buying it. And I agree with Willy and his framing. He needs to watch some Johnny Bench videos and every other catcher who did it great. Maybe Randy Hundley could come out of retirement (he's 76 now) and give him some pointers.

Darvish kept trying to paint the corners and he was doing pretty good. But the ump wasn't buying it. And I agree with Willy and his framing. He needs to watch some Johnny Bench videos and every other catcher who did it great. Maybe Randy Hundley could come out of retirement (he's 76 now) and give him some pointers.
Man , Randy Huntley.. the othe #9 I loved.

Gordon Wittenmyer had this quote from Willy:
Contreras said Darvish tried to get "too fine" with his pitches. Also said he sensed emotion in his return to Texas.

“I could see his body language. He got really emotional. I’m not pointing a finger at him. He’s our guy. … And I hope he keeps improving as the season goes on.”

Couldn’t agree more, Willy....couldn’t agree more

Welp...like Theo said...baseball is designed to torture you.

The offense certainly did their job

Yu did pitch 6.0 innings 3x in 8 games last year. Of those, 2 ND and 1 win. Those were his only good games last year. Not trying to overly apologize for him. He needs to improve. I am ever hopeful.

Last edited:
It appears CEJ’s new delivery from yesterday is under review as illegal. Not sure where the difference is from his delivery vs Jansen/ Kershaw’s ( other than they have been successful at it, lol)

Descalso a bright light today, clutch is the word that comes to mind

Hoping the Professor can go a solid 7 and we aren’t the team to give ATL their first W

upload_2019-4-1_14-49-34.png

4-0 in the first inning and none of them earned runs. They just need to remember that there are nine players on the team.

And my boy, Bote, just isn't as quick as Javy or as tall as KB to get those hits that get past the base.

4-0 in the first inning and none of them earned runs. They just need to remember that there are nine players on the team.

And my boy, Bote, just isn't as quick as Javy or as tall as KB to get those hits that get past the base.
Maybe the beard is slowing him down, lol.
New rules of less booze and fast food in clubhouse were supposedly implemented. Maybe they were going through withdrawal :rotfl:

Boston, Houston, Yankees and Cubs all are 1-3....all playoff teams:confused3

Maybe the beard is slowing him down, lol.
New rules of less booze and fast food in clubhouse were supposedly implemented. Maybe they were going through withdrawal :rotfl:

Boston, Houston, Yankees and Cubs all are 1-3....all playoff teams:confused3
You've nailed it. All that beard and the wind resistance. Also, are the Cubs going to get someone else to play shortstop other than Javy and Russell? Javy had a great first game, but downhill since that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter