Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I have not been around here for a long while. I'm sure y'all didn't notice! ;)

I'm not sure the last I told anyone, but I got a new job and moved to Orlando in October. Bought a house in December and have gone to Disney as often as I could (Have to make the best of my AP).

Anyway, I've been pretty busy and haven't been on too many threads and mostly only on my phone, which makes replying (and especially multiquoting) harder. The good news now is I have cable again, so maybe I'll be better able to watch the games this year.

Go CUBS go!
That is awesome! I have friends who live in the area and they love WDW and Sea World. We'll be down in October for food and wine. Maybe we can watch a playoff game together :).

I have tried them but I enjoy a more authentic taco. Do you love tacos yourself? I bet you do.
I bet you're right on that.

I go to the little taqueria near Wrigley, El Burrito Mexicano. It's pretty good and close to the ballpark. We will often get food to go so we can bring it into the ballpark with us. You can bring food into Wrigley, but not the horchata because it's not in a sealed container :(. If you eat in, they will serve you free chips and salsa. I'm not sure I would go out of my way to eat there but we do eat there about once a month during the baseball season.

Here's the Yelp page on the restaurant:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/el-burrito-mexicano-chicago

(The photo from the review from 12/30 is a good one of the food)

I bet you're right on that.

I go to the little taqueria near Wrigley, El Burrito Mexicano. It's pretty good and close to the ballpark. We will often get food to go so we can bring it into the ballpark with us. You can bring food into Wrigley, but not the horchata because it's not in a sealed container :(. If you eat in, they will serve you free chips and salsa. I'm not sure I would go out of my way to eat there but we do eat there about once a month during the baseball season.

Here's the Yelp page on the restaurant:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/el-burrito-mexicano-chicago

(The photo from the review from 12/30 is a good one of the food)
Thanks very much. I appreciate the help with my mission. :)

Pssst ... don't tell @FINFAN that I scheduled a vacation in mid-October. I don't want her to think I'm jinxing the post season. I figure my season ticket partners will be happy to go to those play-off games and I'll be home in time for the World Series.
Okay...I promise I won't tell her.

Not sure the Dis will do that. ;)

Let me know (PM me and I'll give you my number) when it gets closer. I've been told by some on another thread I live at Disney now so I guess I'm the unofficial welcoming committee.....of 1.

E41229F3-91B4-4CBD-84C8-0D1C68C88225.jpeg

I grabbed this image from a FB post. What do we all think about these proposed changes?

Pssst ... don't tell @FINFAN that I scheduled a vacation in mid-October. I don't want her to think I'm jinxing the post season. I figure my season ticket partners will be happy to go to those play-off games and I'll be home in time for the World Series.
Okay...I promise I won't tell her.

Not sure the Dis will do that. ;)

Let me know (PM me and I'll give you my number) when it gets closer. I've been told by some on another thread I live at Disney now so I guess I'm the unofficial welcoming committee.....of 1.

:rolleyes1

I'll go now that I'm home and on my computer.

(1) The DH. I detest the DH. I really prefer the strategy of the game centered around a leaving a pitcher in or taking him out, selecting the appropriate pitch hitter, the double-switch, etc. Implementing the DH in the NL would really ruin the game for me.

(2) 3-Batter minimum. Hmmm ... I am torn on this one. I like changing pitchers in the late innings matching up righty/lefty/etc with hitters and PHs. But, I don't like waiting for . . . . . ever for the pitchers to warm up. It does drag down the game in the middle of the inning, especially if it's back-to-back. I might agree with this rule if the pitcher of record at the end of an inning is not forced to return to the mound.

(3) 20-second pitch timer. I read that the average time between pitches is two seconds slower than it was 12 years ago (https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/pitchers-are-slowing-down-to-speed-up/) BUT that time between pitches results in an increase in velocity. We all loved Aroldis Chapman's 103 MPH pitches, but was also one of the slowest pitchers with 26.7 seconds between pitches back in 2016. It's like some pitchers need to recover their arm to throw again. I was originally OK with this rule, but after finding more about the link between time between pitches and velocity, I'm no longer for it. I think that there is a chance of injury for the more hard throwing pitchers to throw faster without proper recovery.

(4) All Star Break trade deadline. That seems really, really early. I have not read enough about it so I am not sure what problem/issue this is trying to solve.

(5) Roster expansion to 26 players. I don't see why not.

Happy Birthday to our Skipper!
giphy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter