Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

twitter killing it today here in CHIberia

getPart

My son just accepted a job offer in Colorado!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO happy for him! He drove straight thu from Chicago to Denver in the Polar Vortex. Left Wednesday at TLS (that's 3 a.m.:lmao:) in -60 below, his 19 year old Cherokee never giving up. Thank heaven for being able to track phone's 'cause this Mom was worried sick. Pulled into Denver around 6pm. CO just gained another Cub fan, lol. As a photographer, this is life changing for him. He had 2 motto's driving him:

1. this quote from A. Schwarzenegger: "Every thought you put into Plan B...is taking away that thought and energy from Plan A"

EP-170419531.jpg&updated=201704130900&imageversion=Facebook&exactH=630&exactW=1200&exactfit=crop&noborder

My son just accepted a job offer in Colorado!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO happy for him! He drove straight thu from Chicago to Denver in the Polar Vortex. Left Wednesday at TLS (that's 3 a.m.:lmao:) in -60 below, his 19 year old Cherokee never giving up. Thank heaven for being able to track phone's 'cause this Mom was worried sick. Pulled into Denver around 6pm. CO just gained another Cub fan, lol. As a photographer, this is life changing for him. He had 2 motto's driving him:

1. this quote from A. Schwarzenegger: "Every thought you put into Plan B...is taking away that thought and energy from Plan A"

EP-170419531.jpg&updated=201704130900&imageversion=Facebook&exactH=630&exactW=1200&exactfit=crop&noborder
Awesome! Congratulations to him, but I know you'll miss him like crazy. My DD is thinking about transferring to the University of Colorado-Boulder. She and her BF are very outdoorsy and they both want to leave Wisconsin.

Awesome! Congratulations to him, but I know you'll miss him like crazy. My DD is thinking about transferring to the University of Colorado-Boulder. She and her BF are very outdoorsy and they both want to leave Wisconsin.
yeah, he and I are very close and there will be a lot of tears but he was destined for CO or AZ...now both his jeeps will be very happy getting to play, lol. 2 of friends were out there and his future roommate just got a job there last week so pieces all falling into place. We spent our honeymoon in Estes Park, once you go, it's in your blood. Be prepared for your DD to transfer, lol. It's ALL about the outdoors...and that's fantastic.

both of my kids out west now...let the FF miles commence, lol

Sorry the quality is not the greatest on these, but here is the broadcast schedule!

Spring training, (sorry, REALLY bad quality)
getPart

Reg season

Note Sept 27th, very LAST WGN broadcast Cubs game...the feels :sad1:

getPart

getPart

Last edited:
I have not been around here for a long while. I'm sure y'all didn't notice! ;)

I'm not sure the last I told anyone, but I got a new job and moved to Orlando in October. Bought a house in December and have gone to Disney as often as I could (Have to make the best of my AP).

Anyway, I've been pretty busy and haven't been on too many threads and mostly only on my phone, which makes replying (and especially multiquoting) harder. The good news now is I have cable again, so maybe I'll be better able to watch the games this year.

Go CUBS go!

I'm not sure the last I told anyone, but I got a new job and moved to Orlando in October. Bought a house in December and have gone to Disney as often as I could (Have to make the best of my AP).

Anyway, I've been pretty busy and haven't been on too many threads and mostly only on my phone, which makes replying (and especially multiquoting) harder. The good news now is I have cable again, so maybe I'll be better able to watch the games this year.

Go CUBS go!

Hey congratulations!!

I haven't been on much either but I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.

Go CUBS go!
Hi Doc! So good to hear from you! Yes, you shared the GREAT news of moving to Orlando( did you buy in Windermere by any chance?) and so happy to hear you are getting to WDW as much as you can! Hope you get lots of games on cable :woohoo::happytv:

Hi Doc! So good to hear from you! Yes, you shared the GREAT news of moving to Orlando( did you buy in Windermere by any chance?) and so happy to hear you are getting to WDW as much as you can! Hope you get lots of games on cable :woohoo::happytv:
Not Windermere. I work near UCF(East) and Windermere's on West side of Orlando And the prices there and had to look hard to find a house WITHOUT an HOA.
About 40 min drive from Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter