• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

C9_FV2CW0AAgHnW.jpg

7bc060556ee47a47588aaa86bf531ad4.gif

43c5b7e0f2ac03e4b8415289bb91518a.jpg
331ea30545ef4c075e08e2b6d69d9b80.jpg

In spite of the booing negative Nellies Cubs take the series!!!!! HUGE W heading on the road to San Francisco and San Diego!!!

Frankly, any pitcher should expect to be booed when they give up 5 runs with 2 outs and 2 of those runs on wild pitches.
"Expected"? ANY pitcher?..OK. That's a productive way to support one's team/player. Think I'll just wait to see the Kershaw's, Lester's, Scherzer's etc get boo'd by their home fan's when they have an off day and make a mistake. C'mon Robin~that's a little large of blanket statement. I thought Twitter was the den of hate, not Wrigley. However, agree to disagree. I have seen players turn around because they have support, not dagger's. I will keep rooting my guys on~ they never quit and neither do I. Fan's most definitely can affect a game's outcome. Heck if I am going to be the reason a player/pitcher gets rattled on the team I love. I save that for the opposing team, lol.
736aa69e710b353e1d7b41cdf371ec71.jpg

Last edited:

"Expected"? ANY pitcher?..OK. That's a productive way to support one's team/player. Think I'll just wait to see the Kershaw's, Lester's, Scherzer's etc get boo'd by their home fan's when they have an off day and make a mistake. C'mon Robin~that's a little large of blanket statement. I thought Twitter was the den of hate, not Wrigley. However, agree to disagree. I have seen players turn around because they have support, not dagger's. I will keep rooting my guys on~ they never quit and neither do I. Fan's most definitely can affect a game's outcome. Heck if I am going to be the reason a player/pitcher gets rattled on the team I love. I save that for the opposing team, lol.
I didn't say that I booed Chatty. I groaned quite a bit, but I didn't boo and I didn't cheer wildly when he was finally pulled. I would guarantee that Kershaw, Lester & Scherzer would be booed in the exact same circumstances by fans. Chatty's been rocky leading into yesterday's game and he's had no run support so it makes him look like even a worse pitcher than he is. Yesterday he was undoubtedly terrible in the 1st and 3rd inning. Terrible. Just as our batters can't leave men on base, our pitchers can't walk guys and give up 5 runs with 2 outs. For pete's sake, he gave up 6 out of 7 runs with 2 outs. Those wild pitches were crazy and not even close to the plate. As for his walks, Chatty has almost as many walks as he had all last year and the same he had in 2016 ... and it's not even the All Star break! He's pitched 79 innings and he has 70 walks. Ugh. On the bright side, he's giving up considerably fewer home runs ... so see I can say something positive.

I didn't say that I booed Chatty. I groaned quite a bit, but I didn't boo and I didn't cheer wildly when he was finally pulled. I would guarantee that Kershaw, Lester & Scherzer would be booed in the exact same circumstances by fans. Chatty's been rocky leading into yesterday's game and he's had no run support so it makes him look like even a worse pitcher than he is. Yesterday he was undoubtedly terrible in the 1st and 3rd inning. Terrible. Just as our batters can't leave men on base, our pitchers can't walk guys and give up 5 runs with 2 outs. For pete's sake, he gave up 6 out of 7 runs with 2 outs. Those wild pitches were crazy and not even close to the plate. As for his walks, Chatty has almost as many walks as he had all last year and the same he had in 2016 ... and it's not even the All Star break! He's pitched 79 innings and he has 70 walks. Ugh. On the bright side, he's giving up considerably fewer home runs ... so see I can say something positive.
I din't day you did boo..and I agree his performances have been hard to take, The positive with him is since he doesn't throw strike's the home run ball is rare off of him. Wilson was garbage last season and has turned it around, Duensing was fantastic last season and the oppo this one. Baseball is gonna baseball. I just don't understand booing a player in his home field, by his own fan's~never have, never will.

Willy and Javy made the All Star team!!!
AwwwYEAHHHHH!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Voted every day! Kind figured Javy as he will really draw the viewers. Any word on Lester/Morrow? Of course we have 5 straight against STL right after the break so I hope they enjoy themselves but not TOO much , lol. I know Willy wanted this BAD..HOW EXCITING. The best was '16 when the Cub's were the entire starting infield, lol and last year only Davis was as the closer (who gave up the home run:rolleyes1)

ETA: Saw Lester in..obviously.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/24017474/espn-2018-all-star-picks-how-many-cubs-make-it

Last edited:
You saw one heck of an exciting game! Beautiful day, and the series W!

No kidding!!! And, at some points, it was torture but it all turned out well. The winning play, a walk by Bote!!! Really a one of a kind game! Tons of pitching changes, but some of that was partly due to right hand / left hand pitcher batter issues.

Couldn't have asked for a better day weather-wise! First nice weekend of the summer! Glad I was there.

Lester was selected for the All-Star game, but not Morrow. We watched the announcements when we stopped for a bite to eat.

No kidding!!! And, at some points, it was torture but it all turned out well. The winning play, a walk by Bote!!! Really a one of a kind game! Tons of pitching changes, but some of that was partly due to right hand / left hand pitcher batter issues.

Couldn't have asked for a better day weather-wise! First nice weekend of the summer! Glad I was there.

Lester was selected for the All-Star game, but not Morrow. We watched the announcements when we stopped for a bite to eat.

It would seem the secret to beating the Red's this season is having DISer's at the game, lol

LOL!!! Hopefully, we're done with them this season!
Nope...another 4 game series against them in August and then a 3 game series in September. All at Wrigley :thumbsup2 but they could turn into a real spoiler. Oh well....I have to admit I do enjoy seeing Votto at bat and Billy Hamilton is such a little dynamo.

Was at the game! My DD gifted me with awesome(surprise) tix to go and celebrate my birthday today! I got to meet & chat with Kelly Crull, say Hi to DeJesus again AND ZO signed my hat after the game!(and kindly wished me a very Happy Birthday!)
Dhiwkp4X4AARvFB.jpg:thumb

I’m so late responding... but you got Zo’s autograph!!!! I need to know how you accomplished this. Please!

View attachment 335458

Three of the Cubs wives were there auctioning off gift baskets starting at $350. Out of my price range! They are Jessica Delp (KB’s wife), Stephanie Duchaine (Monty’s girlfriend) and
Marissa Cishek!

I was so excited last year when I saw them! And I had the same response as you did. :scared:

I’m so late responding... but you got Zo’s autograph!!!! I need to know how you accomplished this. Please!

We had pretty rad seats(row 6 section 109)..my DD bought 4 and surprised me for my birthday. After the game Zo came out to sign and headed to the left of the dugout vs right...very lucky for us. We didn't want to take away any opportunities for the little one's, but my DS snagged himself a spot down front and thanked Ben for yet another clutch hit and for all he does for the team..Ben thanked him and then my DS asked "if it's ok~ would please sign his Mom's hat for her birthday" & pointed to me...Ben looked up at me & said verbatim "It's your birthday? " I said yes, he said "today?" I said yes, that our DD generously treated us to this exciting game, he signed the hat , wished me a happy birthday and smiled. It was freaking amazing, lol. A 56 year old fan girl-ing, lol.[/QUOTE]

ETA: Crazy thing is my DS knows my blue hat is my lucky one (and CJ signed that one in '16) so he had grabbed that one and hid it in the back of his car(I didn't know I was going to the game until about 3/4 of the way there) My W hat was tucked in with our Game W flag and I saw it when we pulled the flag out at the end of the game. I'm thrilled we had it because the siggie shows up much better on the white hat than the blue. Miggy used a silver sharpie when he signed my jersey jersey & that showed up great as he signed in the blue #47

Last edited:
Tonight's lineup

No JHey..which is really odd at AT&T. That is a heck of a lot of real estate to cover in RF. Zo will handle it tho

Really pulling for Kyle to have a great outing. Sad news on the teams Psychologist (Dr. Ken Ravizza) passing away today. The guys might be feeling his loss a little hard
DhsUyNbVAAA1W0B.jpg:large

Wonder if Heyward is hurting from the foul ball hit on Saturday? They said it was a groin injury. Yikes.

Wonder if Heyward is hurting from the foul ball hit on Saturday? They said it was a groin injury. Yikes.
I know..:sad2: the guy is FINALLY getting to enjoy the fruits of all his hard work. An injury would just be SO unfair!

Finger's crossed :thumbsup2
Mark Gonzales‏ @MDGonzales
Smyly says he’s up to three innings in sim games, hopes to start a rehab assignment near end of July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter