• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

back to back sweeps!!!!!!!!!! Season high 6 winning streak!!!!!!
cubs-W.png

I was at Summerfest the last 2 days, didn't see the game but sounds like CJ had a much better outing back at Wrigley than his rehab :thumbsup2
Giminez DFA...well, tells me no Yu in the immediate or even distant future, Maybe next season ?
Guys fought back against those pesky Red's, but as I have said before, I can appreciate talent from any team and boy are they letting theirs show!
KB still not ready, it seems :confused3 and why push anything really. The Cubs have been fortunate in recent years to not have many injuries so I guess we were due.
Read that the team re-signed Casey Coleman(2010-12 RHP) to IA, could be a needed plug.

Seems like the team is having some fun again, which I love to see regardless of result. The 6 win streak was pretty cool, how about starting another one tomorrrow?

Was at the game! My DD gifted me with awesome(surprise) tix to go and celebrate my birthday today! I got to meet & chat with Kelly Crull, say Hi to DeJesus again AND ZO signed my hat after the game!(and kindly wished me a very Happy Birthday!)
Dhiwkp4X4AARvFB.jpg:thumb
Javy's home run was amazing as always but that dribbler he hit that Hughes muffed was 100% El Mago magic! Zo coming up clutch in the 8th, Bote, Rizzo and how about Rosario's FIRST MLB hit and an RBI at that!...WE NEVER QUIT!

091516_cubs_flag_med_3_fqqoz3ho.gif

My pic with Kelly is on my DS camera..once he sends it to me I'll share (she is so tiny and SOOOOO nice)He got a great shot of Javy rounding the bases too.

JHey took a nasty hit off his foot/ankle..I mean, you heard it :scared:. Fingers crossed he is ok.

Last edited:
D7DA05AA-1E27-47C5-BC08-56A396604F05.jpeg What a game!

I was there today for the terrible 1st inning, the awful 3rd inning and the awesome 8th inning! What a comeback. We never quit, baby!

Edited: just saw @FINFAN was there. Bummer I missed you :(.

Three of the Cubs wives were there auctioning off gift baskets starting at $350. Out of my price range! They are Jessica Delp (KB’s wife), Stephanie Duchaine (Monty’s girlfriend) and
Marissa Cishek.

Yay, what a game!!! I'm going to tomorrow's game... Let's keep it up!
Have a great time!

Last edited:
View attachment 335458 What a game!

I was there today for the terrible 1st inning, the awful 3rd inning and the awesome 8th inning! What a comeback. We never quit, baby!

Edited: just saw @FINFAN was there. Bummer I missed you :(.

Three of the Cubs wives were there auctioning off gift baskets starting at $350. Out of my price range! They are Jessica Delp (KB’s wife), Stephanie Duchaine (Monty’s girlfriend) and
Marissa Cishek.

Have a great time!
Hey Robin! My DD surprised me with tix! We were at summerfest Thurs/Fri and my hand me down phone bit the dust . I thought we were heading out to go get a new one and my DS kept on driving to Wrigley, lol! The plan was getting the phone and watch the game getting lunch at BDubs or similar and DS wanted a BDay pic with our matching Rizzo Foundation T's. I was so tired from Summerfest, I fell for it easily. I was thrilled just being there & then I met Kelly and was so excited! I love watching talented baseball so it was going to be a good game for me as both teams have a lot of it. That 8th was so FUN tho! We said it was cool that the score was 7-7 on 7/7...then Rizzo drove in Bote! What an absolutely beautiful day! We we very lucky getting to see Zobie (seats DD got were awesome) had to hi-tail it back for other plans but maybe both of us there helped get the W! I threw a hex on Miller Park leaving Milwaukee, lol...since they lost yesterday I am enjoying thinking it was an extra birthday gift.

I will tell you one thing, the crowd booing was the only bummer of the day. Not supporting your team in their home field is helping no one. I loved Javy coming over to Chatty as he was leaving the field hopefully telling him don't mind the hater's. Joe threw him out there for more pitches to support the "phantom" DL that is going to occur (my guess, anyway) and I hope he can benefit from it. I like the guy. He was given an unlucky number for the Cubs (21 does not have a good history..even Sammy is debatable as far as I am concerned) In a situation where the team needs to work with what they have, booing helps how? That was he ONLY bummer of the day.

Hoping for another W today!

Hey Robin! My DD surprised me with tix! We were at summerfest Thurs/Fri and my hand me down phone bit the dust . I thought we were heading out to go get a new one and my DS kept on driving to Wrigley, lol! The plan was getting the phone and watch the game getting lunch at BDubs or similar and DS wanted a BDay pic with our matching Rizzo Foundation T's. I was so tired from Summerfest, I fell for it easily. I was thrilled just being there & then I met Kelly and was so excited! I love watching talented baseball so it was going to be a good game for me as both teams have a lot of it. That 8th was so FUN tho! We said it was cool that the score was 7-7 on 7/7...then Rizzo drove in Bote! What an absolutely beautiful day! We we very lucky getting to see Zobie (seats DD got were awesome) had to hi-tail it back for other plans but maybe both of us there helped get the W! I threw a hex on Miller Park leaving Milwaukee, lol...since they lost yesterday I am enjoying thinking it was an extra birthday gift.

I will tell you one thing, the crowd booing was the only bummer of the day. Not supporting your team in their home field is helping no one. I loved Javy coming over to Chatty as he was leaving the field hopefully telling him don't mind the hater's. Joe threw him out there for more pitches to support the "phantom" DL that is going to occur (my guess, anyway) and I hope he can benefit from it. I like the guy. He was given an unlucky number for the Cubs (21 does not have a good history..even Sammy is debatable as far as I am concerned) In a situation where the team needs to work with what they have, booing helps how? That was he ONLY bummer of the day.

Hoping for another W today!
I don't know ... Chatwood was pretty awful. I thought that Joe leaving him in for 115-120 pitches was a thumb in the eye to all the booers.

Dang..the wrong kind of hits just keep coming. Bass, too? TN is gonna go crazy with KB there, lol

Patrick Mooney‏Verified account @PJ_Mooney
Kris Bryant and Brian Duensing heading to Class-AA Tennessee to begin their rehab assignments. #Cubs also call up pitcher James Norwood with Anthony Bass (illness) going on the 10-day DL.

I sure hope Bass isn't sick from that Shedd trip......:scared:

I don't know ... Chatwood was pretty awful. I thought that Joe leaving him in for 115-120 pitches was a thumb in the eye to all the booers.
was he good? No (and fan's were booing him from the start) but Joe needed to save the pen and Chatty gave it all he had . No way is the guy trying to suck. As Ernie once said, to be a good sport you have to lose~ the good sport seems to have left a lot of fan's. Spoiled really...in my eyes. The team is in 2nd place..we have a better record than Cleveland who is literally coasting in that cream puff division..the team is beat up with little pitching left and we are STILL in great shape and fan's want to BOO? Again, helps absolutely nothing. To come back out in the 6th took a helluva lotta guts..mad respect for Chatwood from me for that. ETA: Looking at Hendrick's numbers, I guess I should expect the Boo's to rain down on him next?

Last edited:
was he good? No (and fan's were booing him from the start) but Joe needed to save the pen and Chatty gave it all he had . No way is the guy trying to suck. As Ernie once said, to be a good sport you have to lose~ the good sport seems to have left a lot of fan's. Spoiled really...in my eyes. The team is in 2nd place..we have a better record than Cleveland who is literally coasting in that cream puff division..the team is beat up with little pitching left and we are STILL in great shape and fan's want to BOO? Again, helps absolutely nothing. To come back out in the 6th took a helluva lotta guts..mad respect for Chatwood from me for that. ETA: Looking at Hendrick's numbers, I guess I should expect the Boo's to rain down on him next?
Frankly, any pitcher should expect to be booed when they give up 5 runs with 2 outs and 2 of those runs on wild pitches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter