• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

for any of you at Sundays game or who watched it...how mad was Willy in the 8th with Carl?:scared: It's obvious Carl is in a confidence cluster-@$%#...once he walked those guys in the 8th last month, just hasn't been the same but the talent that kid has is undeniable. I fully believe he knows he will get his mojo back but to me it's huge that he knows everyone else has that confidence in him too. I was just wondering if Willson hid his frustration or if he lost it for Carl to see. I could only listen to the game so didn't see.

FUN
images
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jake pitched great! Some wonky baseball in the first inning and then JAVY! In field HR! Love that we had some nice hits tonight,Jay, Bryzzo , JHey had a solid night (but left way too many RISP again. Blowing that lead off triple by KB ..brutal) Pedro and Duensing were terrific locking it down for Wade. I am wondering if Wade is just messing with everyone to instill false confidence for the batters before he comes in for the kill. Pence should be in tomorrow...need Q to GO 7. The game ended a few minutes after midnight (CT) giving my DS a W for his birthday, and if the get another tonight before midnight, he could get 2 W's and a Brewers loss in one day! Nice gift, lol.

HUGE congrat's to Willson for being named NL Player of the week! Pretty big deal, I'd say and well deserved!:thumbsup2

It isn't midnight yet so get to quick say Quintana manana. Oh, & Brewers lost.
Hey!!! Wait a minute!!! I thought you didn't post during the game. This is saying 12:48am (Eastern) which means it was 11:48 Wrigley time and then you say at 1:40 a win for your DS birthday.

Happy birthday to DS, BTW.

Cubs Win! Cubs Win!

I love all the creative ways they scored! Glad Jake pitched a good game. (I needed that! :rotfl:) Finally had to turn it off just after 10:30.

Waking up to a Cubbies win is wonderful! Whoohoo and way to go!

Fin, happy birthday to your son! :cake:

I love all the creative ways they scored! Glad Jake pitched a good game. (I needed that! :rotfl:) Finally had to turn it off just after 10:30.

Waking up to a Cubbies win is wonderful! Whoohoo and way to go!

Fin, happy birthday to your son! :cake:

I was just thinking...it really stinks there's not a W in "Go Cubs Go!!"

I propose we have an alternate verse while keeping the same syllables/time/rhythm...."Great Cubs Win" or "Yay Cubs Win"

Hey!!! Wait a minute!!! I thought you didn't post during the game. This is saying 12:48am (Eastern) which means it was 11:48 Wrigley time and then you say at 1:40 a win for your DS birthday.

Happy birthday to DS, BTW.

Cubs Win! Cubs Win!
lol....ACTUALLY, I didn't technically TYPE the post. DS asked me if I had posted ''Quintana Manana", I said no~ and he polices me on no social media during the games, trust me. However, DS thinks Q does poorly when I don't post Quintana manana, so there was a dilemma. Solution was me saying the words and he typed/posted them.Therefor, I did not risk the W and did not jinx tonight's game. Gotta love a good loop hole.:thumbsup2
Thanks for the BDay wishes for him, he and Rizzo share the same birthday (just not the same paycheck :rotfl2::rotfl:)

I was just thinking...it really stinks there's not a W in "Go Cubs Go!!"

I propose we have an alternate verse while keeping the same syllables/time/rhythm...."Great Cubs Win" or "Yay Cubs Win"
there is in "Hey Chicago, What do you say?" tho..............which follow's Go Cubs Go. You just have to type it all I guess.:woohoo::woohoo::D

I watched Javy's in the park home run. Wow!!! Great base running on his part :).
I just watched it...he was walking the first 2-3 steps (thinking it was out). Had he been running from the get go, it wouldn't have been so close. Still cool to watch/see!!!!
:thumbsup2 Javy

I just watched it...he was walking the first 2-3 steps (thinking it was out). Had he been running from the get go, it wouldn't have been so close. Still cool to watch/see!!!!
:thumbsup2 Javy
now see, I thought he was admiring what he thought was going to be a homer. In Javy's defense I don't even think Rizzo , Willy, SCHWARB'S...heck, none of them except KB, JHey and AAJ seem to motor right out of the box anymore if they think it's gone. Kinda drive's me nuts, it was the one thing with Castro that was annoying. Not sure Javy read the report on Moncrief tho~that dude has a cannon.

In other Cubs chatter, while I believe it was light-hearted, I didn't much care for Mrs. KB's twitter post~ Wrigley is JHEY'S house. Seeing Harper have his batting helmet taken off FOR him so he could flip the flow was nauseating and I don't care HOW good other's perceive him...stay away. This fan doesn't want it and yeah, I'm fine with facing him.
598648902b3a7e622e000001.png

Believe it or not folks, tonight's lineup is almost the SAME as last night except Happ is in for Zobie! Here's hoping Q goes 7 and we score early and often. He has only seen the Giants once in '14, giving up 4 runs in under 7 innings with 7 K's. To be fair, the Giants won the WS that year. Blach popped a HR of his own the other day, and Span hits Q really well. That said~
LET'S GET A BIRTHDAY W FOR RIZZO!!!!!!!!!!!!

DGvPvokUQAAZhiE.jpg:large

Giants lineup..a little different from last night (Tomlinson has been a thorn in THe past, as is Pence (but I like Pence when we aren't facing him)
1. Gorkys Hernandez (R) CF
2. Miguel Gomez (S) 2B
3. Hunter Pence (R) RF
4. Buster Posey (R) 1B
5. Nick Hundley (R) C
6. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
7. Jarrett Parker (L) LF
8. Kelby Tomlinson (R) 3B
9. Ty Blach (R) P

Last edited:
Believe it or not folks, tonight's lineup is almost the SAME as last night except Happ is in for Zobie! Here's hoping Q goes 7 and we score early and often. He has only seen the Giants once in '14, giving up 4 runs in under 7 innings with 7 K's. To be fair, the Giants won the WS that year. Blach popped a HR of his own the other day, and Span hits Q really well. That said~
LET'S GET A BIRTHDAY W FOR RIZZO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's get a birthday W for two of Fin's favorite men....Rizzo and her son!!

Welp, thus far, you'd have to say Quintana has been an absolute disaster. Is it time to start considering sitting him and putting Montgomery or Butler back into the starting rotation?

Welp, thus far, you'd have to say Quintana has been an absolute disaster. Is it time to start considering sitting him and putting Montgomery or Butler back into the starting rotation?

I'm not sure I would say absolute disaster but he's not living up to my expectations (which could be incredibly wrong so take that with a grain of salt).

The team looked off from the start. I was on a call so tv was muted but I swear every time I looked up someone was dropping a ball or just not catching the ball, etc.

Those games happen but still. Ugh. Here's to tonight and a Win!

I'm not sure I would say absolute disaster but he's not living up to my expectations (which could be incredibly wrong so take that with a grain of salt).

The team looked off from the start. I was on a call so tv was muted but I swear every time I looked up someone was dropping a ball or just not catching the ball, etc.

Those games happen but still. Ugh. Here's to tonight and a Win!
As previously stated, I'm not at all superstitious so for those of you who are -- proof again it has nothing to do with me not watching.

HAPPY 28th BIRTHDAY JHEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LETS TAKE THE SERIES TODAY!!! One day younger than Rizzo
(Bum has lost a lot of games this season..lets add to it! Maybe JHey can take him ATVing as a birthday gift?lol)

upload_2017-8-9_9-22-31.jpeg
images
upload_2017-8-9_9-34-10.jpeg
images
101315_chc_soler_throw_lo_6dlvzuqr.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter