Chicago area Diser's - check in here Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. Where is the night crew tonight? Just home from afternoon shift.
Paint-I had to laugh about you worrying about your kids on the Demon. DCFS will probably be contacting me about the hand bruise on DS thigh. As if my holding him on top of the thigh would keep him in the seat should he slip out going upside down :lmao: Just kidding. I didn't leave a mark, but I did hold his thigh really tight. And I had to pray DD would be OK as she was in front of me with a friend's daughter. They love that daredevil stuff. I'm sure to have a coronary arrest before those two are grown!!! :worried:
Princess Mindy- I may have found coverage for myself for Wicked for Nov 4th. I'll keep watching to see the info you post. Was anyone else bringing their children? My DD is dying to see this. So it would be for 2.
Macraven-have a nice drive to Macomb. I graduated from Robert Morris College in Carthage from a Medical Assisting program years ago. Nothing but corn in them thar fields for miles and miles. Rt 136 (I think it was) the longest country road I have ever been down in my life. Gotta love the bars there!! Used to run over the border to Keokuk, IA (drinking age was 18 there then) to the Outside Inn. AAAHHH, the memories. OK done trippin' down memory lane. Just a 1 Margarita Mama now. Gotta' be on kiddie patrol, you know!! :rotfl2:
Everyone else, howdy. Here's hoping they come out with room only code for the simple life folk soon. Thinking about an AP for the discount, but not sure it'd really be worth it in the end.
Well, guess I'll cruise the site awhile and finish winding down from the caffeine, then go to bed.
Slo, hope you had a nice beach day. Looked like a great day for it.
Later.

Good Thursday morning everyone!!! :surfweb:

It was so quiet w/o Steph here last night. Katie wasn't happy about Stephanie being gone, she cried and cried and cried. She loves her sister so much!!!! :love:

Sam said:
I redecorated Megan's room and my bathroom this past weekend.
Wow, that's alot of work in one weekend!!!! I bet it all looks great!!! :thumbsup2
***That's an awesome picture of Megan w/ Bruce and Nemo!!!

Stitchfans said:
Was a little disappointed because the only kids she knew in her group were two girls that never liked her from her 6th grade class.
I bet that is disappointing for her. Luckily today is her last day!!!!

NiteOwl said:
We got in about 1 am and I slept until 9. Most of the trip was great and I can say Stacey and I had a great time :thumbsup2
Welcome home!!!! I'm glad you had a great trip!!! :cool1:

Amy said:
MY BABY IS 1 TODAY!!!
10.gif

5.gif

Hayley!!!
10.gif

Tiggerrnn said:
It was a beautiful day at Great America
I'm glad you had a good, fun day!!! :cool1:

Michelle said:
he was STANDING in his CRIB
WooHoo!!!! :woohoo: Gabriel is getting so big so fast!!!

macraven said:
he goes to western which is in macomb
I hope everything goes well today and tomorrow!!! :wizard:

Rosemarie said:
I like my friend, but she just is a nut case sometimes :crazy:
Yikes, she sounds like she is so high maintence!!!! That would drive me crazy too :crazy: I never had a friend like her, but I have had some employees like her. These type of people can be very annoying!!!

paintnolish said:
I talked to dd's teacher about her missing school, and she seemed okay with it, too. Oh the guilt!!!
Stephanie's teacher was okay with it to last year. I sure hope her teacher this year will be the same way :rolleyes: Don't feel quilty. This is my 3rd year of taking Steph out of school, and I never feel quilty. Your giving your DD quality family time, which is just as important to them as education.

Mindy said:
Yes, Wicked meet in November
Where is it at, and will it be at night or a Sunday matinee? :)

Leigh said:
Apparently the car had gone around the gates so it was hit by the train, and two people in the car died. :sad2: Why do people do that??
How sad!!! :guilty:

Bunchkin said:
Can you say MENTAL PATIENT!!!!! :crazy:
She sounds like a mental patient!!!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has encounters with these type of people :rolleyes:

To all my other Chicago friends - Hi there!!! :wave2:

Well, I gotta go get ready for work. Have a good day today!!! :wave:

Good Thursday morning everyone - I was up with the birdies today...couldn't sleep at all! lovely 6 yr old had night terrors and startled me awake with screaming at 3:30 am....of course by this time I had been asleep since 10 so with 5 1/2 hours of sleep..I got her calmed down...tried to go back to sleep.....4:30......5:30.....5:45 dh got up.....6:30 he left for work...oh well guess I'll have some coffee & do some laundry....

I can tell you guys how the balcony seats are at Wicked tomorrow....I'mgoing tonight with Casey & her junior girl scout troop. We did get a group price at $25 a ticket. We're sitting in row M of the balcony...so it's kinda far back. It's our official last trip for Troop 902! 2 of the girls are moving away, and 3 are quitting...so that would leave my dd & one other girl as cadettes....

Slo - Glad you had a fun & relaxing evening...you deserve it! My girls are like that too...if one is gone the other one misses her like crazy...although mine when they're together fight all the time!! grrrrrrrrrr

Stitchfans - Sorry dd had a not so great time. I hope she doesn't dwell on it until school officially starts! My dd was put in homeroom with a girl who absolutely went out of her way in elementary to make her life miserable...she complained about it soooooooooooo much at the beginning of school I thought I was gonna explode...it took abotu 6 weeks but she did make some new friends and adjusted ok eventually.....Good luck

Amy - That first year goes by soooooooo fast! I can't believe my "baby" is in 7th grade!

DMM - wahoo Gabriel! pretty soon he'll be trying to climb out! I'll never forget the first time Casey did that...I was sound asleep & someone tapped me on my shoulder...I looked at dh ..nope he was asleep & then in my half asleep state I saw my 1 yr old standing next to the bed smiling at me!! hahahahaha I about jumped out of my skin! :rotfl:

Rosemarie - wow, very high maintence friend...wow

Macraven: I had loads of friends at Western while I was at Bradley (ok a long time ago) but used to road trip to Macomb a lot!

Tiggern2 -hopefully you're still snoozing as I type this!!!

Maybe we should scrap after the new year???? It looks like a lot of us are going to try to go to Wicked in November???? (sending my PM as soon as I'm done here)

No more dising for me today! Droping Grace off at a friends house at 9am...& Casey & I are taking the train downtown for the day...on her "list" AG Place (of course), Sears Tower (again) and Nike Town....We're going to EdDebevics for dinner with the troop,,,they're all taking the 3pm train in. So it's a mommy/daughter day! :Pinkbounc I love those days!

Have a great day!

Hi there Chris!!!

Have a great day today :cool1: It sounds like alot of fun!!!! :teeth:

Good Morning!! :sunny: :banana:

slo Yes, I run into whackos too!! :rotfl: The other week I had some guy yelling at me from his car for no apparent reason at all. I had my window up so I couldn't hear him and I just smiled and waved!! :lmao:
I hope Stephanie had a nice visit!! How cute that Katie missed her!! :goodvibes

scrappin It sounds like you will have a great day today!!! Are you eating at AGP?? Lauren and I love their afternoon tea! I haven't been to that Ed Debevics since high school. :rotfl:
Have lots of fun with the troop seeing Wicked!!! They're going to love it!!

Tiggerrn I might bring my DD to see Wicked. Not sure yet, as I still want to discuss it with DH. It will either be me and her or me and him!! :teeth: :teeth: It's defintely a show kids can enjoy, well not really small kids. :thumbsup2

:sunny: Morning everyone! :sunny:
Scrappin- Have a nice day in the city. We've never been to AG store, but dd just got a Bitty Baby, so it is on our things to do list.
Tiggerrn- I held onto my ds's leg on TOT. We ended up going 8 times, and every time before the ride dropped he'd tell me to let go of his leg! It must be mom instinct!
DMM- Slo's right. Wait until he gets out of the crib. Hopefully, it will be a "climb", and not a "fall" out. Nothing gets you out of bed faster than hearing a big "clunk" on the monitor!
Bunchkin- Good luck at the drs!
Got to run errands today and pick up stuff for the trip. Remember how I told you all that my van broke down? Well, the ac recently stopped working. Turns out it's the compressor! $850! I already decided I was getting a new car, but couldn't these things happen after I sold it!?! I am definitely not paying to fix that! Grr! Oh well. Looking forward to a new vehicle. I am looking for things to Disnify it while on our trip! DMM, I've heard your van is pretty Disnified. Got any ideas for me?
Okay. I am going to call my friend and tell her what I learned from the photography board.
Enjoy your morning!

Good Thurs morning!
The kids and I have a back to school picnic/ drop off school supplies later today at school. Dh wil meet us at school later, after he gets off of work today.

I was watching a lot of the tv news late last night, about the JonBenet Ramsey murder suspect. I hope this dude is the one! This guy doesn't look 42 or 43 yrs old, like they said on the news. He looks a lot younger to me.
I guess he was a 2nd grade teacher in Georgia and knew the family some how? I guess we'll be getting more info as the days go by about this guy. Sounded like so far, that he was stalking JonBenet, that he "loved" her.
Too sick! :sad2: . Tho ,I don't agree the mom should have put JonBenet in a beauty pagent at that age! JonBenet looked about 10 or 12 yrs old in the beauty pageant stuff.Too weird! I feel sorry for the Ramsey family. that this littl girl died supposedly from a sexual predator. And hte mom died 2 months ago. I hope finding this guy will give closure to this whole thing. This whole story gives me the chills! :guilty:

I also read on cltv.com, about the 10 yr old girl that died at Great America yest. She died after going on a ride at Cartoon Network area. :sad2: They didn't release her name or pic yet on hte news, but that she is from Arlington Hts,(which is a 15 min drive from me). She also has a known previous heart condition. I know I'm guilty of Chrissy getting on roller coasters, etc, too. But Chrissy tolerates all the rides real well. Chrissy seems to handle the rides well.
I feel bad for this family. :guilty:

Hi to all :wave2:

Princess Mindy- Tho Dh and I would love to see Wicked, my family and I may have to pass on Wicked :guilty: .My grandma's birthday is around that time and I don't know when my mom was going to throw the birthday party thing for Grandma. Grandma lives at a nursing home. We usually reserve a conference room at hte nurs.home and my mom usually brings in food. We usually have an afternoon party eiither on a Sat or Sunday, close to November 1(which is Grandma's b-day). So Nov. 4 is the weekend that we would do grandma's b-day party. She'll be turning 91!
I'm sure I can see you guys at hte scapping meet or another meet!
Thanks for organizing the Wicked tickets!

Ok, I gotta go and get stuff done before we leave for the late afternoon drop of school supplies/ picnic.

Talk later,
Rosemarie :)

Some good news!

Forgot to mention this. I called Chrissy's ped. cardiologist office 2 days ago. I was able to get preliminary results of her 24hr holter monitor. One of the nurses that has been working at that office for many yrs was able to interpret the pages of EKG (fom the holter monitor). The nurse said Chrissy's results were very good!! She was able to give me specific heart rhythm patterns and what they look for. So many PVC's for a 24 hr period,etc.
the nurse compared the recent result to the results 2 yrs ago. She said Chrissy had the same results, and parts of hte results were better this yr than the holtor monitor results 2 yrs ago!! Sounded like the nurse was pleased w/ the results! She said the doctor will run thru the results late this
week or early next week to detemine if Chrissy still needs to have a heart MRI as a baseline. The nurse thought Chrissy probably wouldn't need the MRI, but of course, it's up to hte doctor :rolleyes: .
The heart MRI is pending, to the holter monitor results. So, I'm hoping no MRI! But I will keep you posted once I find out for sure.
So, I'm very glad Chrissy's heart is doing well and her conduit is holding up well! :woohoo: :cool1:
I'm guessing Tiggerrn may understand all that I have said? ;)

Ok, gotta go.
have a good day, everyone!

Rosemarie

Not sure if I can recall it all now.
Rosemarie, yes somewhat familiar with what you've said. PVCs are common to have, but runs of them are not good. Was DD diagnosed as an infant with a murmur or irregular heart rhythm? I hear many of these on infants and always wonder what happens as the babies get older. Bunchkin is probably very familiar. An abblation is sometimes needed to return the heart to a regular rhythm. Not sure if done on children, though. Is your cardiologist at Children's?
DMM-DD taught DS to climb out of his crib at 15mos. Needless to say, crib very quickly became a toddler bed. :rotfl:
Scrappinimom, I was indeed asleep at 7am. DS, however, was in my face by 8am looking for breakfast and his morning cup of juice.
Amy, Happy 1st Birthday to your little one!!
Slo-have a nice day.
All the other DISers out there in Chicagoland, have a great day today!!!

Mindy, so far DH and i are in for Wicked! If we do lunch before hand we will join too! but will probably take off afterwards :)

Sounds like fun fun!

Paint, yes my van is the mickey mobile! we got some cute magnets that look like stickers at WDW and we have a mickey on the back and some others. It changes on whatever Autumn puts back there!

I have Antenna toppers (mickey of course) going down the antenna!

we have the 50th Celebration Front Plate on! (illegal i know!!)

and my back plate has the MGM "i'm ready for my close-up" frame

i can't think of what else i have on there...

WE go lucky and caught Autumn before the climbing out phase in the crib. we moved her to her bed at 12 months and haven't looked back!! we intend to do the same with Gabriel :) i think his new bed will be a birthday present :)

i'm on at an off time i take it!! hope everyone is doing well!!1

MOOKIE We're still thinking of you hope you give us a drive-by soon!
Cheyita, RMOM what's going on in Rockford that you two are up too?? i must be missing something!!

We were out in Roscoe last night by my aunt since the fam is all staying there for the next few days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter