check your rates NOW!!

I just called about our Oct. 31 three night stay. When I asked about a rate change and they just changed our rate. Savings came to just under $100. Not bad for a short phone call. Who would have thought business would be bad even with the big party that first night. I guess folks are holding on to their money for things like food gas and heat.

At the time We booked a room,there was only HRH @$234 a night for this weekend..I checked the website and RPR has a stanard room with a king bed for $169.So I cancceled the HRH and booked the RPR.That gives me$65 aday savings.We only booked two nights.SoThats a total savings of$130...:cool1:

That will give me a night of dinning at Thcoup Chop open table with money to spare!!!:banana:

Always check your rates,if they go down change it and save yourself some$$$$>>>Your gonna spend it at the parks or resorts somewhere>>>>>>>>>>

Ok I need help. First of all. I don't know where to go to check these rates. I tried to go to the AAA site and put in Royal Pacific Resort and Universal Resorts Orlando and could not find anything. Do I call the hotel and ask about my date and see if they have the super saver, AAA, or AP rate available? Do I call Universal Adventures and ask them? Do I call AAA? I will gladly get the Annual Pass if it means a bigger discount on the room. Do I go to the universal web site? I really would like to book RPR for July 2009 for 2 days. I know that I need to do it ASAP before they are all booked up. Do they even have the rates out for July yet? Someone please put me on the right path.

Thanks,
Steph

If it was me, I would call Loews and talk to an agent. Not sure if any of the deals are available yet.

Ok I need help. First of all. I don't know where to go to check these rates. I tried to go to the AAA site and put in Royal Pacific Resort and Universal Resorts Orlando and could not find anything. Do I call the hotel and ask about my date and see if they have the super saver, AAA, or AP rate available? Do I call Universal Adventures and ask them? Do I call AAA? I will gladly get the Annual Pass if it means a bigger discount on the room. Do I go to the universal web site? I really would like to book RPR for July 2009 for 2 days. I know that I need to do it ASAP before they are all booked up. Do they even have the rates out for July yet? Someone please put me on the right path.

Thanks,
Steph
AAA rates may not be out yet. When you search on the AAA site are you typing in the name of the hotel? I always just click on Loews under the hotel chain list. If nothing is showing up they probably are not up yet is all.
You can book at regular rate now and then keep checking and change your reservation as needed. I started out in March for this December with a Super Saver rate of $259. In May AAA rate dropped to $226-went with it and just recently APH(annual passholder) went down to $144 a night. That's a significant difference from my original price! I only needed to upgrade one of my tickets to an APH to get the discount. Just keep checking.

I have my rooms for next July 09 at RPR booked with AAA rate at the minute, but will keep checking for better rates nearer the time especially APH rates.
Give the Loews reservations a call

ok, I ended up "biting the bullet" and rang reservations and got my booking changed to the new lower rate. :thumbsup2
So, my question is now, how long should I be waiting for that confirmation email they said they would send.I rang two days ago...I don't want to have to ring again! :rolleyes1

Monty,
Mine just arrived today, I guess that would be yesterday now. If yours takes the same amount of time it should turn up sometime today, Friday.

I think I'm going to start tearing my hair out!!!!!!!!!!:confused:
Five days later and I still hadn't received a confirmation email from HRH with my new lower rate that I arranged with a long distance phonecall because I couldn't do it online.
However, when I retrieve my reservation online it's showing at the new lower rate so I wasn't too concerned, until......
I checked online my credit card balance and Universal have credited back my deposit in full.
Any clues anyone on what to do now????:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

When I changed mine, they credited back my old deposit and then charged me a new one based on the new rates. Someone may have a toll free number for you on here since you are out of the country but I'm not sure. Sorry I couldn't help with that aspect.

Five days later and I still hadn't received a confirmation email from HRH with my new lower rate that I arranged with a long distance phonecall because I couldn't do it online.
However, when I retrieve my reservation online it's showing at the new lower rate so I wasn't too concerned, until......
I checked online my credit card balance and Universal have credited back my deposit in full.

As long as your rate has changed, I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes they don't charge your first night. I know it is a real pain in the butt when currency rates are changing and they start refunding and recharging.

I am assuming that all the toll free numbers are just for North America?

AAA rates may not be out yet. When you search on the AAA site are you typing in the name of the hotel? I always just click on Loews under the hotel chain list. If nothing is showing up they probably are not up yet is all.
You can book at regular rate now and then keep checking and change your reservation as needed. I started out in March for this December with a Super Saver rate of $259. In May AAA rate dropped to $226-went with it and just recently APH(annual passholder) went down to $144 a night. That's a significant difference from my original price! I only needed to upgrade one of my tickets to an APH to get the discount. Just keep checking.

Wow, that's awesome. I hope I can get a rate of around $150.00 a night.
I am going to call and try to book 3 nights for July 09'.

A few more questions, which annual pass allows you to get the room discount?
And when you say you upgraded you ticket to an APH, did you originally have the 7 day pass?

Thank You all so much for the help.
Steph

I would print the reservation confirmation out, just in case. That sucks that they credited your money back! Have you tried sending them an email?

If you are a "youfirst" member, here is the contact info. I bet they could take care of you.

"YouFirst extra special guest recognition program
If you would like to speak with a customer service representative regarding YouFirst, please call us toll free at 1-877-LOEWS-14 (1-877-563-9714) or by email at info@youfirst.loewshotels.com. "

Wow, that's awesome. I hope I can get a rate of around $150.00 a night.
I am going to call and try to book 3 nights for July 09'.

A few more questions, which annual pass allows you to get the room discount?
And when you say you upgraded you ticket to an APH, did you originally have the 7 day pass?

Thank You all so much for the help.
Steph
I upgraded to the preferred pass, it will give you the discount. Yes I originally had the 7 day pass.

Thanks everyone. I checked my credit card online again & now two days later they have charged me the new amount.
I would have thought they would have just left my deposit as it was. :sad2: Now,as the dollar has dropped in value 30cents since I paid the original deposit and there was another $9.00 overseas transaction fee, plus the overseas phone call, getting the new rate has actually cost me money. :sad1:
In hindsight I should have left things as they were.

Thanks everyone. I checked my credit card online again & now two days later they have charged me the new amount.
I would have thought they would have just left my deposit as it was. :sad2: Now,as the dollar has dropped in value 30cents since I paid the original deposit and there was another $9.00 overseas transaction fee, plus the overseas phone call, getting the new rate has actually cost me money. :sad1:

:hug: Sorry to hear that monty. They usually don't mess with my initial deposit. The only time they have is if you decrease the number of nights you stay, but funny thing is that they have NO problem adding nights to your reservation. :rolleyes: Is your confirmation # the same as it was?

I think I would email them and complain about them costing you more money than you have saved. They should really have a policy about that.

I added nights and they still returned my initial deposit before charging a new one. I hope everything is straight for you and you enjoy your trip!

I know what you mean. We've gotten messed with that before. Then other times they have just left it. You can never tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter