• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Check your non-expire tickets (and possibly regular tickets too). Ticket system “upgrade”

Have not been on these forums for a long time and just browsing and saw this thread. We have many park hoppers from 10-15+ years ago that have most (and some all) of the water park passes available when they gave 5 per pass. We probably have 50 unused entries. We also have a few unused 5 days passes as well as a day or two on another pass. None of these have ever been entered into the system - they are all paper tickets. Should I worry about them? We don't plan on going to WDW for at least a few years so I cannot check in person. Thanks for any help!

Have not been on these forums for a long time and just browsing and saw this thread. We have many park hoppers from 10-15+ years ago that have most (and some all) of the water park passes available when they gave 5 per pass. We probably have 50 unused entries. We also have a few unused 5 days passes as well as a day or two on another pass. None of these have ever been entered into the system - they are all paper tickets. Should I worry about them? We don't plan on going to WDW for at least a few years so I cannot check in person. Thanks for any help!

If they aren’t in Disney’s system, I wouldn’t worry about them!

Had to call Disney about my ticket has 5 days on it but only shows 2. Called last November and they verified 5 days and said I would have no problems. Just tried to make a park reservation and it said past limit. Waited hour and half Lady said there was 5 days it was just a display problem. She was very rude when I told her about this thread and people had problems at the gate she said there was no problem with my ticket and she had been with Disney for 40 years and people lie all the time. Called another department waited 90 minutes again this time they had to have someone in the back work on it. Took an hour but got my reservation and was told they think ticket will work at gate for all 5 days if not go to guest services. I am really glad this will be my last trip to wdw because it just isn't worth it anymore with all the negative changes, IT issues and excessive crowds today compared to 25 years ago when bought my DVC. The magic is gone for us.

I called when my days disappeared too. Told they were still there and all was fine. Went to make park reservations and all was not fine. The days were actually gone. There is no telling how many non expire tickets have been affected by the system upgrade last fall. People will figure out when they try to use the tickets that days are missing. Hope your issue is truly fixed!

So sorry to hear this Zumfelde! I hear ur frustration Angst and wholeheartedly Agree! the IT situation is Inexcusable at this point. Worse is that the info provided to us AFTER waiting hours on a phone call is Inconsistent at Best. No confidence that things will have even been fixed. Been there, done that.
So, what’s the Real Issue for Disney… the HEART is gone. It’s all about Profit over People and imho, Walt is Flipping not just turning and that’s Sad. Disney was built on his Dream as a Family Place .. and while I understand it’s a Business.. the Pride is Gone. As long as People will Pay the Ever Increasing Fees and Costs and accept LESS.. nothing will change.
NO longer an AP, NO longer a frequent visitor, honestly, NO longer a visitor nor spending in parks, resorts, restaurants nor online.
Don’t feel my hard earned dollars are even appreciated spent there, so we re spending them elsewhere.
more room for others some would say. However Disney was built on its returning ..generational families, passing on that love for ALL things Disney…Some will go now and spend their money but Likely be One Time Visitors. Short sided Greed over Long Term ….Profits.
Life moves on and changes.New Memories elsewhere. Meanwhile the Amazing park n resort/restaurant CMs Still MAKE Disney what it Used to be.

I just experienced days magically disappearing on my non-expiring park hopper. So I think there are still glitches.

A couple days ago I added some new 3-day tickets to MDE for an upcoming family trip. I remembered this thread and decided to check our non-expiring park hoppers. BAM - my ticket had 0 days left, but everyone elses tickets were fine. So I emailed Disney with my ticket information and got an email back from them the next day asking me to call. The CM I talked to was very helpful. The first system she checked showed that I had zero days left on the ticket, but then she checked another system to count the times I had actually used the ticket - yup, I should have 6 days on that ticket.

So after a brief hold, the CM came back and explained to me that since they cannot add days back onto that ticket that they were issuing me a 6-Day Park Hopper Complimentary ticket (no dates, so non-expiring). Yay! 🥳 Do I trust that their systems won't magically lose the new ticket? Ummmm... :oops:

Last edited:

Just another added level of STRESS for Disney 😩 guests. I don’t even want to look. I still have old Tix that originally were in my account with days and then gone.
I just can’t hold on forever.. I’m bringing them all to guest services when I’m back there. I truly wish their IT team was Better! 😎

I actually went to guest services in May with a bunch of old paper multi day park hoppers with water parks. I got credit cards in return and the rep wrote out how many PH and WP were on each. also put NE (no expiration) on. Hopefully when I start using these in Feb there won't be any hiccups! These tix would cost a small fortune today as I think there are 30+ PH days.

I just experienced days magically disappearing on my non-expiring park hopper. So I think there are still glitches.

A couple days ago I added some new 3-day tickets to MDE for an upcoming family trip. I remembered this thread and decided to check our non-expiring park hoppers. BAM - my ticket had 0 days left, but everyone elses tickets were fine. So I emailed Disney with my ticket information and got an email back from them the next day asking me to call. The CM I talked to was very helpful. The first system she checked showed that I had zero days left on the ticket, but then she checked another system to count the times I had actually used the ticket - yup, I should have 6 days on that ticket.

So after a brief hold, the CM came back and explained to me that since they cannot add days back onto that ticket that they were issuing me a 6-Day Park Hopper Complimentray ticket (no dates, so non-expiring). Yay! 🥳 Do I trust that their systems won't magically lose the new ticket? Ummmm... :oops:
I had a ticket that lost 3 days So before our trip in June I called Disney and they gave me a 3 day ticket to use so I didn't have to go to guest relations. Just last week I looked on my disney experience and now my old ticket shows 3 days left.

I actually went to guest services in May with a bunch of old paper multi day park hoppers with water parks. I got credit cards in return and the rep wrote out how many PH and WP were on each. also put NE (no expiration) on. Hopefully when I start using these in Feb there won't be any hiccups! These tix would cost a small fortune today as I think there are 30+ PH days.
Good to know!!

How do you tell how many days are left on a 10 day NE ticket. I looked at my disney experience appl and can't figure out where to find how many days remaining.
Thanks.

I can see the number of days left ON tickets from my iPhone app but not from laptop MDE site.
I had days missing earlier this year and after a long call with tech, they sent me a list of all my families tickets and how many days left. I was also keeping track a bit.
*** Doesn’t seem to help me much because I’m trying to understand the genie+ for our December trip and certain people say they have no days or tickets.

After the most recent changes, the app displays my ticket as "Park Ticket" with 5 days remaining. It's a 5-day hopper from prior to when the date-based tickets were introduced. At least the website is showing it correctly. A friend's ticket is says it's a "Park Planning Pass" on the app but the website cannot "display the product name right now". Yesterday it was a "FP Planning Ticket". UGH!!!

Okay. And now to add to my frustration, I cannot pin attractions using "Plan My Day" because the app doesn't think that I have valid park admission. I just spent 4 hours on the phone with IT two weeks ago because a Gold AP voucher wouldn't link and now this!

I am so done with Disney IT SNAFUs. No one should have to deal with all the garbage technology that they rely so heavily on for a theme park vacation!

Maybe see how many park reservations you can make with it? You can cancel them afterwards..
Carol how can you see that? on the app or computer? I'm on my computer now but can only see that we still have them, just not how many days are left.

Carol how can you see that? on the app or computer? I'm on my computer now but can only see that we still have them, just not how many days are left.
Just theorizing here. For example, if you can make 3 additional park reservations before being denied or asked to cancel one, wouldn't that mean your ticket has 3 days left? Haven't had any tickets except AP, so that may not be true. I am assuming the system won't accept more reservations for the parks than the ticket entitles you to have.

Just theorizing here. For example, if you can make 3 additional park reservations before being denied or asked to cancel one, wouldn't that mean your ticket has 3 days left? Haven't had any tickets except AP, so that may not be true. I am assuming the system won't accept more reservations for the parks than the ticket entitles you to have.
Actually I investigated on the phone app and there I found all out NE tickets and what was left on them. In our case they ar correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter