Check your non-expire tickets (and possibly regular tickets too). Ticket system “upgrade”

I actually spoke with chat in MDE. Apparently our first NE ticket is so old it shows linked in MDE but will not post the remaining tickets available. The next NE ticket is newer and does show the remaining tickets left. The one day ticket we bought last April also shows as linked and what day it is assigned to. So, our first NE ticket was bought in 2006, and apparently is so old it shows as linked but won’t show days left or available. So, the good news is they are there even though we can’t see them. How then can you decide which to use when making a park reservation? It must use in the ticket order you set with guest services. Now, I need a drink!!!

Actually, the only time it seems to force you to choose is if you have an AP. If you just have multiple tickets, then it doesn't attach the reservations to them for parks. What is key is when you go, you stop at GR and make sure that they are set in the order you want to use them so that when you tap in, it takes from the right ones. I always make sure my AP is first since I do have a 10 day ticket still attached to my name.

CVJW: I cannot thank you enough for posting this thread!!!:worship:

Came back from Disney last Wednesday. Have lots of non-expiring park hoppers but keep pretty good track of them. I did notice this trip our tickets currently in use said "2 Days left" after our Park Day but didn't really pay to much attention. Came home and just happened to stumble upon this while looking for posts about GEnie+ experiences and remembered I had to write down my park day. As soon as I saw my lil chart, I realized I should have started with 4 days and had 3 Days when we left so thought maybe somewhere along the line we went an extra day and I didn't write it down. Well, I went all through my photos, pulled up my email folder with my resort charges from past few years and I could not find one thing that showed we were in a park on a day I didn't have written down. SO, I called and waited on hold for over an hour. Spoke with the nicest, helpful cast member who put me on hold for about 10 minutes and came back to tell me I WAS CORRECT!!!! Apparently, when you enter a park with Park Hopper, it says "Approved" for the first time. When you park hop to next park it says "cross over". On one day I had APPROVED twice which took an extra day. ISN'T THAT INSANE???? HOW MANY people are losing their tickets because of this???? It's a Damn shame.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you because I might not have paid enough attention to this if I had not read your post.

Also, making park reservations did not work for these tickets and I think it's because I have other tickets in my account so it let me actually make 5 reservations and was pulling from a new set.

CVJW: I cannot thank you enough for posting this thread!!!:worship:

Came back from Disney last Wednesday. Have lots of non-expiring park hoppers but keep pretty good track of them. I did notice this trip our tickets currently in use said "2 Days left" after our Park Day but didn't really pay to much attention. Came home and just happened to stumble upon this while looking for posts about GEnie+ experiences and remembered I had to write down my park day. As soon as I saw my lil chart, I realized I should have started with 4 days and had 3 Days when we left so thought maybe somewhere along the line we went an extra day and I didn't write it down. Well, I went all through my photos, pulled up my email folder with my resort charges from past few years and I could not find one thing that showed we were in a park on a day I didn't have written down. SO, I called and waited on hold for over an hour. Spoke with the nicest, helpful cast member who put me on hold for about 10 minutes and came back to tell me I WAS CORRECT!!!! Apparently, when you enter a park with Park Hopper, it says "Approved" for the first time. When you park hop to next park it says "cross over". On one day I had APPROVED twice which took an extra day. ISN'T THAT INSANE???? HOW MANY people are losing their tickets because of this???? It's a Damn shame.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you because I might not have paid enough attention to this if I had not read your post.

Also, making park reservations did not work for these tickets and I think it's because I have other tickets in my account so it let me actually make 5 reservations and was pulling from a new set.

You are very welcome! I also think it this has affected a lot of non-expire tickets and people may not even realize it if they didn’t keep up with the number of days left on the tickets. We have 12 non-expire tickets on MDE and 4 were affected by the system upgrade. And it is almost impossible for them to fix once you prove they took extra days from the tickets. We have a case number for the 8 non-expire parkhoppers that we have to go to guest services to redeem. What a PIA.

We have multiple non expire tickets linked in MDE. We have used some days since getting rid of annual passes a couple years ago. I always keep an eye on the days left in MDE to make sure the days used is correct.

All were correct this summer and then last month, 2 tickets lost 4 days and 2 other tickets lost all the days.

Went to guest services at the MK today and it turns out they did a ticket system overhaul and the new system doesn’t know how to handle old non expire tickets.

The 2 tickets that lost all the days was an easy fix. Just brought the days from the old system to the new system.

The 2 tickets that lost 4 days each was another story. The CM tried to tell me that we had used the days and there was nothing she could do. After much back and forth, she issued us an incident number for the 8 1 day park hoppers that their system lost. Still a pain to use, but we did get the days back.

Check your non expire tickets if you still have any. What a pain this has been!

Does Disney do this on purpose? The objective would be that some people don't notice that this has happened and ends up purchasing tickets that they do not need to.

Does Disney do this on purpose? The objective would be that some people don't notice that this has happened and ends up purchasing tickets that they do not need to.

Who knows. Disney‘s ticketing system does not like the leftover non expire tickets. I am sure they would be happy if they were all gone. If this new “system upgrade” took days out of their system, it would make things easier for them.

For the 2 tickets of mine that lost 4 days each, they flat weren’t going to replace the days. The CM and the supervisor told me they couldn’t and wouldn’t do anything about the missing days because their system showed us using them. Even though I had a picture of the correct number of days left from this summer. And we hadn’t been to disney since the pic was taken.

It was only when I showed them a pic of us on the disney fantasy in the Caribbean on the days they said we used the tickets that they relented. Never an apology, just a case number for us to get the 8 parkhoppers at guest services.

I am sure other people won’t even notice or can’t prove where they were when the system said they were in the parks and took the days off the tickets. Left a bad taste in my mouth. 8 parkhoppers equals about $1600. No way I was letting disney steal those tickets from me.

Same boat here. I didn’t even realize my NE ticket was missing until I came across this thread. Had a 10 day non-expiring ticket from almost 10 years ago. Used to always show in my MDE account (with only 1 day remaining). Not sure if and when I’ll ever need to use a one-day ticket as we live in the Northeast, but it was really bothering me that it had disappeared. The principle of it all I guess.

Called the special Ticketing number this morning right at 7 o’clock and waited about 1/2 hour. The woman who handled my call said she could see the ticket, couldn’t understand why it was not on my MDE, and could see the 1 day left over. Then she went to a supervisor to see what could be done and they told her that I had already used the ticket, and also that it was part of a park reservation package and that that 10-day ticket had expired the week of the hotel reservation back in 2015. Not true! I had a receipt showing it was a 10 day NE ticket, and had used that ticket on a couple of occasions over several years for a couple of days at a time. Also as I am a DVC member I have never bought a reservation “package” including tickets.

The CM was very helpful and went back to the supervisors again. They finally agreed that she could give me a one day complementary ticket. Then she told me it would have an expiration date of a year from now. I told her that was not OK as I just bought an annual pass, I live in Boston and there was no chance I will be making another trip at the end of next year right after my AP expires. She did go back again and finally got approval for 2030 expiration date.

This whole call took about 45 minutes, So including the wait time about an hour and a quarter to start my day . I love being a DVC member and still love Disney, but the fact that this is happening and taking so much of our time (and the CM’s time!) seems crazier than normal. Ugh.

I’ve spent at least 10+ hours on 4 different trips straightening out my nonexpire. Wdw has used nonexpire Instead of AP 1st etc.
wdw always makes it right-but it a huge time s*ck for me. Now DS ticket is missing a day. I had Wdw print out his tickets last time-will have to find that. Otherwise, they’ll be tracing trips since 2005!

I have 5 Non expiring tickets. 3 of them have 5 days left and are on the RFid cards. The other two are the old paper version and never been used. None are linked on my MDE. I was going to bring them with me on my trip coming up soon to have them changed into cards that can be linked, but maybe I will just hold on to them until I need to use them. I wouldn't want anything getting messed up in the process considering I have no idea when I will use them. I have APs for my DH and I but of course want to keep these handy for whenever the occasion might arise to use them. Sorry for all of the trouble everyone has gone through with them.

I’ve spent at least 10+ hours on 4 different trips straightening out my nonexpire. Wdw has used nonexpire Instead of AP 1st etc.
wdw always makes it right-but it a huge time s*ck for me. Now DS ticket is missing a day. I had Wdw print out his tickets last time-will have to find that. Otherwise, they’ll be tracing trips since 2005!

Unfortunately for us, their ticket system randomly took days from our tickets in the upgrade, and they didn’t want to do anything to fix it. Just told us we used the days. Period. Even when we knew we didn’t. Such an awful way to treat guests.

Actually, the only time it seems to force you to choose is if you have an AP. If you just have multiple tickets, then it doesn't attach the reservations to them for parks. What is key is when you go, you stop at GR and make sure that they are set in the order you want to use them so that when you tap in, it takes from the right ones. I always make sure my AP is first since I do have a 10 day ticket still attached to my name.
Is there any way for us to prioritize the ticket order from the App or does it always have to be done from GR? I thought there was a way in the past but can't seem to find it. The tickets I lost a day on were the currents ones we were using. All the others were correct and non-prioritized. I have multiple n/e tickets with my family, then with just my daughters and again with just my husband. So disgusted with the way they have treated guests and the hard time with reinstating VALID tickets. It really just wants to make me spread all of these out over the next 20 years and cut ties. **Plus I still have 2 -- 10 day non-expiring in our safe. I felt bad because my sis told me her husband wouldn't let her buy more in 2014/15 when they ended the N/E, so purchased extra (weak moment) and then decided to keep because she $should Not have had to a$k him - $he make$ more. :crazy2:

Good luck to anyone who has lost days and stay resilient in getting them back!

Is there any way for us to prioritize the ticket order from the App or does it always have to be done from GR? I thought there was a way in the past but can't seem to find it. The tickets I lost a day on were the currents ones we were using. All the others were correct and non-prioritized. I have multiple n/e tickets with my family, then with just my daughters and again with just my husband. So disgusted with the way they have treated guests and the hard time with reinstating VALID tickets. It really just wants to make me spread all of these out over the next 20 years and cut ties. **Plus I still have 2 -- 10 day non-expiring in our safe. I felt bad because my sis told me her husband wouldn't let her buy more in 2014/15 when they ended the N/E, so purchased extra (weak moment) and then decided to keep because she $should Not have had to a$k him - $he make$ more. :crazy2:

Good luck to anyone who has lost days and stay resilient in getting them back!

Always did it GR…but never checked the website.

Unfortunately for us, their ticket system randomly took days from our tickets in the upgrade, and they didn’t want to do anything to fix it. Just told us we used the days. Period. Even when we knew we didn’t. Such an awful way to treat guests.
Did you go in person? They’ve always either reinstated the tickets or added comp tickets when they could no longer put on the no expire. As DS and DD both lost a day with the upgrade, I’ll be at GS on our next trip!! Again!

Did you go in person? They’ve always either reinstated the tickets or added comp tickets when they could no longer put on the no expire. As DS and DD both lost a day with the upgrade, I’ll be at GS on our next trip!! Again!

In person at MK guest services last month. The CM and her supervisor both told us the system said we used the day and there was nothing they could do. Only after showing her pics of us in the Caribbean on the disney fantasy for the days in 2019 that the system said we were in the parks would they relent. Very, very frustrating experience.

Last edited:
Been a DVC member since 1993 and have had many family vacations Many times there were left over days on the 10 day, nonexpiring tickets. A few years ago I took all the tickets in to get them converted to the new system so they could be added to DVC. I have a record of every ticket and the remaining ticket days and remaining extra days. I'm talking 10 or so tickets with park days and extras, and maybe 8 with just extras.

I am going to be really, really mad if I hear that any of these tickets are invalid. On my MDE my sister and her husband had 2 days remaining that no longer shows up. Yet my brother shows his 1 day that was remaining.

How can a system randomly miss tickets? It makes no sense unless it is by design.

Been a DVC member since 1993 and have had many family vacations Many times there were left over days on the 10 day, nonexpiring tickets. A few years ago I took all the tickets in to get them converted to the new system so they could be added to DVC. I have a record of every ticket and the remaining ticket days and remaining extra days. I'm talking 10 or so tickets with park days and extras, and maybe 8 with just extras.

I am going to be really, really mad if I hear that any of these tickets are invalid. On my MDE my sister and her husband had 2 days remaining that no longer shows up. Yet my brother shows his 1 day that was remaining.

How can a system randomly miss tickets? It makes no sense unless it is by design.

We used 2 days in October, 2019 on a set of non expire tickets. I took a picture right after showing the number of days left. It was correct in MDE until September, 2021 when the 4 days went missing. I have a picture from July, 2021 from MDE with the correct number of days still showing.

Then, the system update. In September, the days available went from 7 to 3, without us visiting disney. Guest services told me that we used 6 days in October, 2019 instead of the 2 we actually used. Turns out in the update, each day we used was turned into 3 days.

Showing them the pics from MDE didn’t matter. They said we used the days. Period. Even though we didn’t. Told me multiple times they wouldn’t do anything. Because the system showed us using them.

Super frustrating experience. I am sure that this affects people other than me.

Last edited:
As Goofy would say, "Gawrsh!" I have 2 10 day non-expiring tickets. I see one is linked. My other, with Park Hopper, is not. I guess when I go in January I better take it along and check. And oh yeah, almost forgot my THIRD non-expiring that only has water parks left; that one isn't linked either.
A few years ago when they had that 4 park ticket option for DVC, some days came off that ticket, and some days came off my 10 day ticket. I went to Guest Relations and they straightened it out.
Can this be done by phone now, or is stopping at guest relations still required?

well, mine now says "we cannot display this ticket media at this time" for 2 of our 7 tickets with 2 days gone after the upgrade. I took this as a good thing--at least WDW is indicating there's an issue.

I have four 10 day non expiring tickets with no park days left for all ten tickets have the "free" extras either 8-10 water park/mini golf.
I have the tickets and the confirmation email from a few years ago showing that the days for water parks were atill available on the tickets.

Should I keep the tickets as-is and wait for us to use, or should I have them converted to our accounts. Right now, the tickets can be assigned to anyone. These are before MDE days.

Thank you.

I have four 10 day non expiring tickets with no park days left for all ten tickets have the "free" extras either 8-10 water park/mini golf.
I have the tickets and the confirmation email from a few years ago showing that the days for water parks were atill available on the tickets.

Should I keep the tickets as-is and wait for us to use, or should I have them converted to our accounts. Right now, the tickets can be assigned to anyone. These are before MDE days.

Thank you.

I would keep as is. If they aren’t on MDE, maybe they won’t fall victim to the system upgrades. You will have to convert them to the new plastic tickets to use though.

I would keep as is. If they aren’t on MDE, maybe they won’t fall victim to the system upgrades. You will have to convert them to the new plastic tickets to use though.

Thank you very much! I am going to bring these with me on Thursday. We are staying at BWVs so will walk to Epcot and get our APs activated. Once that is done, I'll give them the information/cards to update and put on whatever media they have. They are currently on hard plastic cards (tickets).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter