• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Check your non-expire tickets (and possibly regular tickets too). Ticket system “upgrade”

cvjw

DIS Veteran
We have multiple non expire tickets linked in MDE. We have used some days since getting rid of annual passes a couple years ago. I always keep an eye on the days left in MDE to make sure the days used is correct.

All were correct this summer and then last month, 2 tickets lost 4 days and 2 other tickets lost all the days.

Went to guest services at the MK today and it turns out they did a ticket system overhaul and the new system doesn’t know how to handle old non expire tickets.

The 2 tickets that lost all the days was an easy fix. Just brought the days from the old system to the new system.

The 2 tickets that lost 4 days each was another story. The CM tried to tell me that we had used the days and there was nothing she could do. After much back and forth, she issued us an incident number for the 8 1 day park hoppers that their system lost. Still a pain to use, but we did get the days back.

Check your non expire tickets if you still have any. What a pain this has been!

We have multiple non expire tickets linked in MDE. We have used some days since getting rid of annual passes a couple years ago. I always keep an eye on the days left in MDE to make sure the days used is correct.

All were correct this summer and then last month, 2 tickets lost 4 days and 2 other tickets lost all the days.

Went to guest services at the MK today and it turns out they did a ticket system overhaul and the new system doesn’t know how to handle old non expire tickets.

The 2 tickets that lost all the days was an easy fix. Just brought the days from the old system to the new system.

The 2 tickets that lost 4 days each was another story. The CM tried to tell me that we had used the days and there was nothing she could do. After much back and forth, she issued us an incident number for the 8 1 day park hoppers that their system lost. Still a pain to use, but we did get the days back.

Check your non expire tickets if you still have any. What a pain this has been!

Thank you for bringing this up, but someone needs to change the title.

My non-expire tickets are there. My 9 day tickets are gone, so are our complimentary tickets that were issued to us.

Thank you for bringing this up, but someone needs to change the title.

My non-expire tickets are there. My 9 day tickets are gone, so are our complimentary tickets that were issued to us.

Changed it.

We have had annual passes for the last four years, so no reason for other tickets to be used. I noticed our complimentary 1 day park hopper was gone a couple days ago and went to guest services to see if it was a glitch. When we renewed the last time, the cast member didn’t prioritize the annual pass so it took a day from our non expiring ticket. That’s how we ended up with the complimentary ticket. We have an annual pass, a non expiring 10 day park hopper + water park etc with 1 day remaining plus 10 extras, another non expiring 10 day park hopper + water park etc with 10 days remaining plus 10 extras, and the complimentary ticket. In the system it said we used the ticket back in August, but I didn’t understand why it would have been used when we didn’t change any prioritization. So now I’m always nervous when we go into the parks. The cast member said they just upgraded to a new system and all the tickets ‘don’t get along now’, that they’re having trouble with the non expiring tickets. She said our tickets came from three different systems and had a hard time trying to get the tickets ordered correctly. She could order them but it wouldn’t save. Said we should check with a cast member before we go into the parks. I was just glad it was the complimentary one we ‘lost’. It’s an awful feeling when tickets that should be there disappear. Luckily, it was an easy fix for us but I REALLY don’t want to have to keep obsessively checking our tickets.

Thanks for heads up! My 9 day ticket is gone. Guess I’ll be waiting on hold soon to get yet another issue resolved.

I have a "Gold" exchange certificate and a 2 day complimentary park hopper. Both are still showing, but they are listed weird. They used to be listed together under my name, now the AP certificate is showing, and there's a few other people in my party, and then I'm listed again with the 2 day hopper. To those having to call, I feel your pain. I had to call 4 times, and you know what hold times are like, to get them to honor my Thanksgiving week park reservations after I purchased the Gold pass voucher earlier this year, and had the reservation in place...that is the reason for the 2 day hopper. Good luck getting hold of a person with the authority to fix things.

I noticed all mine were missing (I have quite the assortment of tickets that should be on there). But since I'm heading down in a few weeks I figure I'll take care of it all then since I have to stop by guest relations for something else anyhow.

I noticed all mine were missing (I have quite the assortment of tickets that should be on there). But since I'm heading down in a few weeks I figure I'll take care of it all then since I have to stop by guest relations for something else anyhow.

Pack your patience. Took a long time to fix ours.

Thank you for posting this. I have several never expiring tickets that I planned to use this December (we have since cancelled the trip). When I attempted to get the number of days, we collectively lost over 10 days of tickets. I've been frustrated, but your post will encourage me to pursue this matter.

My NE ticket is still showing in MDE. I believe I've used 4 days on my 10-day NE ticket. Is there any way to verify this on-line?

We had non-expiring tickets that kept getting used. I would stop at Guest Relations before entering the park to make sure they wouldn't be used and would walk in and they would've been used. Then I'd go to GR inside the park and get a 1 day PH that is not visible to me, but GR assures me they can see. I've had 4 "water park & more" days just disappear and no one seems to be able to help me with that. One time GR told me that it was because the tickets came from an authorized ticket agent and not straight from Disney. I have three non-expiring tickets that belong to my children (all adults) and we've just never added them to MDE because it seems to cause so much trouble.

Seems their whole system was mixed up with the change over. We had a couple of days left on our tickets from when they shut the parks down last year and waterpark passes as well. When we looked on line only 3 out of 4 of us had park passes and waterpark passes. But the same person was not missing on both, that would have been an easy fix.
But the call center for us was great, they even called us back so we did not have to wait on hold forever. And called back within the time they said they would.
The passes were resolved by issuing us all new 2 day 1 park per day passes and 1 day waterpark passes. All good with us.

What number did you call? My son should have 1ph day and 2 single days and he only has 1 day total. My daughter had the same days and hers are fine. ??

Thanks for the heads up. I have some 10 day non expire but haven’t linked them yet. I was going to link all of my older tickets that I have but have hesitated. I just Checked my account because I do have some other older tickets on there that haven’t been used and all looks good, From now on I am going to try and only add tickets when I need to. I have some 3 day tickets that I added for my parents and they never went so now they have just been hanging out in my MDE waiting for the day I have a short trip Or guests with us for a few days.

I make park reservations. It cuts off when no tickets left. You cannot tell which tickets if they’re all on the same name. For ex, son should have 1ph and 2single days left and I can only reserve 1 day, so something got lost. DD has same days on hers and I can still make her 3 reservations. Last time I went, I had ms print out a screen shot of days left on tickets. Glad I did!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter