Chatter on other sites - no travel agency discounts for next year?

I will never book with a TA unless I am getting some type of deal, I just do it all myself and I know the ins and outs already.

I booked with Dreams for Thanksgiving week. I don't expect a deal, but TAs need to earn a living. She's been great helping me out with booking Universal, too.

I booked with Dreams for Thanksgiving week. I don't expect a deal, but TAs need to earn a living. She's been great helping me out with booking Universal, too.
Correct, Dreams doesn't offer a deal, and that is why I never book with them.

You completely missed the point of my post.
I understand your point, but I am not going to give up control of my reservation to someone else unless there is something in it for me. No reason what so ever. I can do everything they do already. I will not release control of it so someone else can get paid.

I understand your point, but I am not going to give up control of my reservation to someone else unless there is something in it for me. No reason what so ever. I can do everything they do already. I will not release control of it so someone else can get paid.
I don't give up any control of my reservation. I book all my Fastpasses and Dining. All of my ME tags come to me, my MagicBands come straight to me. I only pay her. BUT, I do use my TA for great discounts, so I don't feel right NOT booking with her when I go and they are not offering discounts. It feels wrong!

I don't give up any control of my reservation. I book all my Fastpasses and Dining. All of my ME tags come to me, my MagicBands come straight to me. I only pay her. BUT, I do use my TA for great discounts, so I don't feel right NOT booking with her when I go and they are not offering discounts. It feels wrong!

Best thing about using a TA is that they are the ones looking for the discounts AND calling Disney when they come out!

I don’t post often, but I can share what my TA said. She is from one of the agencies that offer exclusives. When I asked about the exclusives for 2020, she said “Disney decides what they could offer and when they were released.” She did not say that there would be none. However, she did say that the discounted “convention” tickets were not going to be available, at least for 2020.

I don’t post often, but I can share what my TA said. She is from one of the agencies that offer exclusives. When I asked about the exclusives for 2020, she said “Disney decides what they could offer and when they were released.” She did not say that there would be none. However, she did say that the discounted “convention” tickets were not going to be available, at least for 2020.
How discounted are the convention tickets? Does anybody know?

Convention tickets have been about 10% off in the past, but the price is getting ready to go up.

I saw an agency exclusive post on Facebook for dates in 2020. Only Pop. No other resorts. I assume there will be more?

A benefit of the convention tickets is that they included one water park visit. We were looking forward to using that benefit on our 2020 trip, so this is a disappointment. Our work-around will be Park Hopper Plus (we will already get hoppers), which will add $150ish total for our party of 7.

Convention tickets have been about 10% off in the past, but the price is getting ready to go up.

I saw an agency exclusive post on Facebook for dates in 2020. Only Pop. No other resorts. I assume there will be more?
I saw that too! Dates into the whole year which had not been the norm.

How discounted are the convention tickets? Does anybody know?
Mine this year was $292 for a three day base ticket with a one day water park ticket with it. So glad I went this year, I will not be going next year, unless it is just to the water parks. And may not even do that.

I saw that, too, about POP. I also noticed that there are no dates for summer with the POP deal.

I think Disney is going to wait and see how things go once Star Wars Land opens to gauge if any/more discounts are needed, but I’d be surprised if there were no more agency exclusive deals at all. I guess time will tell.

We missed going to Disney last summer and this summer and I honestly cannot believe the change in pricing. I also asked for a quote for next summer. I was advised that discounts are not out and asked if I want to book at full rate. I said no but I am in shock right now. I remember booking value resorts for under $100 per night. I went to Facebook to find a travel agency that I usually book discounts with. I notice that the site has not been updated in months. Little scary to me too.

My magical TA posted the 2019 deals in September last year. I would just wait and see what happens then.
agreed, way too early to expect anything for 2020 yet. fingers crossed that if bookings for this Fall are down maybe there will be something for 2020; we are planning on April.

Thinking I picked the absolute best year to take time off from Disney. But I know I would like to return in 2021, maybe?

Thinking I picked the absolute best year to take time off from Disney. But I know I would like to return in 2021, maybe?

I'm thinking the opposite, maybe with no discounts and Future World at Epcot being practically decimated, perhaps no one will go in 2020 and we will have low crowds! :rotfl:

After next May, we won't be back until 2023 when everything will be like new for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter