Chatter on other sites - no travel agency discounts for next year?

I was initially planning to stay away for a year or two until GE furor subsided, but life didn't work out that way. As it stands, we now have a whopping 3 WDW trips (2 combined with cruises) tentatively planned for the next year and a half. My son will be 16 by the last of the three, so I'm not waiting around. Discount or no discount, crazy crowds or not, we're going to have those precious Disney trips together while he still lives at home.

However, the first of the three trips will be the first trip that we've stayed at an offsite hotel, Four Seasons Orlando. With the crazy deluxe prices for next year, it looks like a deal in comparison. It will be a split stay, bookended on each end with one night at different deluxe Disney resorts, but the bulk of our trip will be offsite. So the pricing is having an impact on us. The other two trips will be onsite, though.

Last edited:

I think that Disney is waiting to see the booking numbers for 2020 and gauge the Galaxy's Edge effect before releasing an discounts. Disney is about making money above anything else, however, they are not stupid and have to meet shareholders expectations and Galaxy's Edge is not going to pull the numbers that warrant no discounts. People simply will skip. Disneyland has a good indicator of what can happen. I don't Disney will play with low attendance in 2020 - we may not see Free Dining but there will be discounts. Hollywood Studios can not absorb the over flow that Disneyland can. People are not willing to wait and the whole new Tier system already has many rethinking even going to HS. Again, I think Disney is waiting to see the response before releasing any discounts.

got the same e-mail others have noted from my TA. we are planning a trip for April 2020; not sure what we will do. It's a family trip to celebrate my retirement in March and the 2 DGD's are so looking forward to it. Guess we just wait and see what happens, people are looking for Fall discounts so April is a ways off. My older grand daughter will be starting HS in 2020 and no way will we pull her out of school in the Fall. Pretty sure this next trip will be our last. as it is we can only afford to do every 3-4 years.

I think that Disney is waiting to see the booking numbers for 2020 and gauge the Galaxy's Edge effect before releasing an discounts. Disney is about making money above anything else, however, they are not stupid and have to meet shareholders expectations and Galaxy's Edge is not going to pull the numbers that warrant no discounts. People simply will skip. Disneyland has a good indicator of what can happen. I don't Disney will play with low attendance in 2020 - we may not see Free Dining but there will be discounts. Hollywood Studios can not absorb the over flow that Disneyland can. People are not willing to wait and the whole new Tier system already has many rethinking even going to HS. Again, I think Disney is waiting to see the response before releasing any discounts.
Well said. And even if there aren't any discounts, specials and such for the next few years, that won't last forever.

On the bright side if this cuts the amount of rooms being booked at WDW maybe the ridiculous price increases will slow down. It will give Disney a much better perspective on “what the market will bear” eliminating the mass discounts for these TA groups.

TBH writing was on the wall in retrospect, last year I got a great deal on a CL room through one of these deals and this year for the same time period the “deal” was literally laughable. Disney had waaaay cut back.

On the bright side if this cuts the amount of rooms being booked at WDW maybe the ridiculous price increases will slow down. It will give Disney a much better perspective on “what the market will bear” eliminating the mass discounts for these TA groups.

TBH writing was on the wall in retrospect, last year I got a great deal on a CL room through one of these deals and this year for the same time period the “deal” was literally laughable. Disney had waaaay cut back.
So true. I only booked a one night stay with a that certain TA this past March just to get the decent discount on the tickets. The room discount, maybe 15-16%. A joke. Disney was cutting back then.

For all but AP. They've been throwing AP huge discounts for over a year. I'm getting spoiled with 40% and 45% off, LOL
[/QUOTE
That is really good. They do need to keep those going with the price increases of the APs.

I got an email from my TA offering Pop for December 2020. So they are letting some TAs have discounts.

Do TAs offer better deals than going straight through Disney?. We’ve always booked ourselves but if I can get a better deal somewhere I’d entertain a TA

Do TAs offer better deals than going straight through Disney?. We’ve always booked ourselves but if I can get a better deal somewhere I’d entertain a TA
For some dates, and you might have to be flexible on dates to get a good deal. Different agencies offer different deals year round. Also, not all of them offer deals.

Best thing about using a TA is that they are the ones looking for the discounts AND calling Disney when they come out!

Exactly! Using a travel agent doesn't mean giving up control of your reservation. An agent can do as much or as little as a client wants them to do. Some want their agent to do everything from booking, making payment, searching for dining reservations, fastpasses, making BBB or Pirates League reservations, etc. Others only want their agent to make payments and deal with the oftentimes wonky Disney website. A good agent will wait on hold for over 5 hours to change a client's reservation with a hurricane is expected to blow through or two hours to modify a reservation because it won't let the person modify online. Oftentimes when a person uses an agent, they are helping a small business and they don't have to pay a dime to help that business grow.

So far for 2020 the only agency exclusive discount is one agency has discounted rooms at Pop and only on certain dates.

Exactly! Using a travel agent doesn't mean giving up control of your reservation. An agent can do as much or as little as a client wants them to do. Some want their agent to do everything from booking, making payment, searching for dining reservations, fastpasses, making BBB or Pirates League reservations, etc. Others only want their agent to make payments and deal with the oftentimes wonky Disney website. A good agent will wait on hold for over 5 hours to change a client's reservation with a hurricane is expected to blow through or two hours to modify a reservation because it won't let the person modify online. Oftentimes when a person uses an agent, they are helping a small business and they don't have to pay a dime to help that business grow.

Yes, this. I make room-only reservations through a TA. Then I don’t have to deal with horrible Disney IT issues trying to make reservations, get discounts, etc. That’s the TA’s job!

I do everything else (dining, Fastpass, tickets, special events) myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts