Character Meals Super Thread!!

Wow! That is disappointing! I had considered Minnie's breakfast as well. That seems to be the one to do! Thank you!

@PoohBearFriends @Vala @javeyloveschelsi Do the princesses not spend too much time talking with the kids? I booked Ariel's grotto thinking my daughter could chat a little bit with the princesses and not be shy about meeting them all at once.

Well what's your Definition of "time spent talking with the Kids"? Generally yes, it seems to me that tables with Kids were not having quite as brisk interaction as our all adult table. But interaction... if you go by single princess your chances for longer interaction at the park are much better.

Let's use Rapunzel as an example. She was one of the better ones on that trip at the Grotto. Still the interaction was very Brief. A year later I met her (the same friend who was with me at the Grotto was with me again) in Fantasyland. Granted she had Flynn with her then and he added some time for sure, but the interaction with them was that Long that we actually tried to cut it off because we felt bad for the People in line behind us.

@PoohBearFriends @Vala @javeyloveschelsi Do the princesses not spend too much time talking with the kids? I booked Ariel's grotto thinking my daughter could chat a little bit with the princesses and not be shy about meeting them all at once.

For our experience, it was that the princess walked up to the table, said happy birthday to my DD, signed book, took picture and was gone, no extra chit chat--we by far had much more interaction in the park. Not exciting at all...now, at Minnie's we booked the very first spot in the morning and practically had all the characters to ourselves. Minnie played and cuddled with my kids and I have the sweetest pictures from that--Rafiki tried out hairstyles with my girls, Tigger played Peek-a-boo with my two year old, Eeyore was sweet, and Pinocchio danced around with my kids . There were ALOT more characters that came that day. I also have pictures of Dale "chewing" on my husbands head like a nut, it was hilarious and him, Chip, and Minnie came back around to play a few times. The food was very good, service was great, and it was great start of our day.

I called Disney Dining a few weeks ago and spoke with a very helpful cast member who gave me the prices at the various buffets/character meals. I thought I would share it here with those who are planning upcoming trips. These prices were current as of January 29, 2017.

Character Meals:

Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel
Breakfast/Brunch Adult $36.00/ Child $21.00
Dinner Adult $39.00/ Child $24.00

Surf's Up! Breakfast with Mickey & Friends at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
Breakfast Adult $36.00/ Child $21.00

Chip 'n Dale Critter Breakfast at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
Breakfast Adult $33.00/ Child $18.00

Minnie and Friends Breakfast At Plaza Inn in Disneyland Park
Breakfast Adult $32.00/ Child $18.00

Ariel's Disney Princess Celebration Character Meal at Ariel's Grotto in California Adventure Park 
Breakfast Adult $37.00/ Child $21.00
Lunch Adult $40.00/ Child $25.00

Non Character Dinner Buffets:

PCH Grill Dinner Buffet at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
Dinner Adult $32.00/ Child $17.00

Storytellers at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
Dinner Adult $32.00/ Child $17.00

I hope this helps people with their planning and budgets. I also had a question for those that have done the character breakfast at Plaza Inn does the price include beverages? When looking at the menus on the official Disneyland site they list milk and juice as separate items. Thanks.

Yes, Plaza has the same Soda machines running for breakfast as they have for lunch. So soft Drinks of all Kind, chocolate milk, Juice. I don't drink coffee, so I can't comment on the coffee Situation.

Are prices on this thread still accurate? What about during December or holidays, does he price change?

Giving this a bump since the last post is very old. Any new info would be appreciated! I have two character meals scheduled for our February trip. Minnie’s and Donald’s Seaside

Giving this a bump since the last post is very old. Any new info would be appreciated! I have two character meals scheduled for our February trip. Minnie’s and Donald’s Seaside

We just returned from a DL trip, and went to Disney Princess Breakfast Adventures at the Grand Californian. It was amazing! Pricey, but the food, service and character interaction were all top notch!

We just returned from a DL trip, and went to Disney Princess Breakfast Adventures at the Grand Californian. It was amazing! Pricey, but the food, service and character interaction were all top notch!
Glad to hear some positive feedback about it! That has been my favorite meal so far at DL!

I did Minnie's breakfast back in June (so not that recently), but it was very fun. You get to see a wide variety of characters. We saw Minnie, Chip, Dale, Captain Hook, Fairy Godmother, Eeyore, Max, Rafiki, Tigger, and Pooh. We did it early in the day because it was before our Star Wars reservation. But I think many people still recommend you make a reservation for late morning so you don't miss on the early park hours.

I can give our expirences that last couple of years.
A really great resource is disneyland daily’s post on chracter meals:

https://disneylanddaily.com/a-complete-guide-to-character-meals-at-disneyland-resort/
we’ve done Minnie’s breakfast a few times and it’s a favorite. We especially like going during magic morning during our trip AFTER we have already used our magic morning. You get in early for breakfast but because you get scanned in you can start booking fastpasses. We also always have great chracter interactions there.
we have also done donalds seaside twice since it became donalds and once before when it was mickeys surf. Really no difference except Donald instead of Mickey. the chracter interactions here have been AMAZING. Especially since it’s the only way in the park except the chase meet to interact with stitch.
we’ve also done goofy’s kitchen for dinner. It was our least favorite. The layout and it’s size (big) I think makes it hard for good character interactions. The dance they do every so often is fun. It’s also super dark in thereand so pics don’t come out as good. The picture with chef Mickey tho is kinda worth the whole thing (dinner only)

we also did Ariel’s grotto. Which doesn’t exists anymore, but I sure miss it. The price tag of the other is a bit much. but here is an Ariel’s picture just because it was the very first time of my daughter meeting a Disney princess and it makes me happy

we have not done story tellers. We might do it on our next trip for a meal on an off day. We are for sure doing minnies again.

Attachments

• B0B1F374-14FA-46A2-B299-5A3E7761AAC5.jpeg
    B0B1F374-14FA-46A2-B299-5A3E7761AAC5.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 1
While I appreciate disneyland daily, she gives over views, not really reviews. Positive spin on all the meals so hard to really compare. We’ve done Minnie’s twice-characters are fabulous, food is hotel free breakfast buffet quality IMO. Last time, we had a two year old with us and it was super sweet to watch her. I wouldn’t pay the prices again unless I had a character obsessed little one in tow...

I can give our expirences that last couple of years.
A really great resource is disneyland daily’s post on chracter meals:

https://disneylanddaily.com/a-complete-guide-to-character-meals-at-disneyland-resort/
we’ve done Minnie’s breakfast a few times and it’s a favorite. We especially like going during magic morning during our trip AFTER we have already used our magic morning. You get in early for breakfast but because you get scanned in you can start booking fastpasses. We also always have great chracter interactions there.
View attachment 460180
we have also done donalds seaside twice since it became donalds and once before when it was mickeys surf. Really no difference except Donald instead of Mickey. the chracter interactions here have been AMAZING. Especially since it’s the only way in the park except the chase meet to interact with stitch.
View attachment 460181View attachment 460176
we’ve also done goofy’s kitchen for dinner. It was our least favorite. The layout and it’s size (big) I think makes it hard for good character interactions. The dance they do every so often is fun. It’s also super dark in thereand so pics don’t come out as good. The picture with chef Mickey tho is kinda worth the whole thing (dinner only)
View attachment 460177

View attachment 460182
we also did Ariel’s grotto. Which doesn’t exists anymore, but I sure miss it. The price tag of the other is a bit much. but here is an Ariel’s picture just because it was the very first time of my daughter meeting a Disney princess and it makes me happy

View attachment 460183

we have not done story tellers. We might do it on our next trip for a meal on an off day. We are for sure doing minnies again.
Your kids are so cute

https://www.disboards.com/threads/princess-breakfast-adventure-review.3742696/
I did a review of the Napa Rose Princess breakfast. The highlights for my friend and I:
1. Food! It was amazing!!! My friend is a big time foodie, and eats at a lot of high end restaurants. And she was impressed. She said she forgot she was even on the Disney resort.
2. Amount of princesses: We saw 7 princesses, and they spent quite a bit of time with us! I heard a few months later they had decreased the amount so YMMV. The interactions were some of the best I have had. We had no kids with us, and we felt like they gave us the same amount of time as the tables with kids.
3. Overall feel of the restaurant: The restaurant was so relaxed. The parlor area had a musician playing music. The experience is over 2 hours, and you aren't rushed at all. The service was also amazing. The adventure guides checked on us. Our waters never got low, and the chef came to talk to us since my friend has a diet restriction.

This is exactly why we are doing it. My daughter’s favorite character is Stitch and we missed him at the Disney Visa meet n greet on our last trip and she was sooo bummed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter