Character Meals Super Thread!!

With the vouchers? Is this for vouchers from anyone? We bought the character breakfast as well ( thru disney vacations) do we need to do the same? Thanks for the heads up! And it's sounds like your trip was awesome!

I don't know if it's permenant but last thursday we ate at Storyteller's Cafe and the character guy said Koda will not be there anymore. I was kind of sad because this was one of two reason why we booked this breakfast. The Other was Kenai who was there. Is there anybody who can confirm this info?

Can someone tell me the cost for the surfs up character breakfast at pch grill?
Have made a reservation for our 'non park' day in the first week of March, but I can't find a actual 'official' price for either adult or child..

Also, what would the 'full' cost be after tax and tip so I can compare against pre-buying a voucher which includes these...

your trip may be over, but for others interesting, the prices change with the season...high-season is pricier. You can call Disney Dining, but I believe they will only give you CURRENT pricing.

Based on reports of characters leaving Storytellers Cafe before the end of breakfast, what is the latest time you suggest getting a reservation for? Are there any other restaurants where characters leave early? I am used to getting the first reservation in the morning, but I want to try a late breakfast. Thank you!

We went to Storytellers Cafe over the weekend. I asked the character handler if Meeko would be out that morning and was told that Meeko has returned to the forest to be with Pocahontas. He may return in the future, but for now Pluto has joined the meal in place of Meeko. :(

We went to Storytellers Cafe over the weekend. I asked the character handler if Meeko would be out that morning and was told that Meeko has returned to the forest to be with Pocahontas. He may return in the future, but for now Pluto has joined the meal in place of Meeko. :(

Thanks for that report. I had actually considered eating there again on our next trip. We don't do it ever trip because it has fewer characters. But the one thing Storytellers had going for it was that the characters there were less common, harder to find characters. Pluto as one of only 3 or 4 there? I can see him several other places in the park. No thank you.

Thanks for that report. I had actually considered eating there again on our next trip. We don't do it ever trip because it has fewer characters. But the one thing Storytellers had going for it was that the characters there were less common, harder to find characters. Pluto as one of only 3 or 4 there? I can see him several other places in the park. No thank you.

Yep... Pluto, Chip, and Dale are EVERYWHERE!! :( Kenai was the only rare character.

Can anyone tell me which characters they had at their meals? I'm just trying to get an idea who the 'usual' ones are. Thanks x

Storytellers Cafe: Chip, Dale, Koda, Pluto

Goofys Kitchen: Goofy, Chip, Dale, Minnie, Pluto.

Ariels Grotto: Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Tiana

Plaza Inn: Minnie, Max (Goofys son), Rafiki, Captain Hook, Suzy, Perla, Tigger, Pooh, Eeyore, Fairy Godmother

Storytellers Cafe: Chip, Dale, Koda, Pluto

Goofys Kitchen: Goofy, Chip, Dale, Minnie, Pluto.

Ariels Grotto: Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Tiana

Plaza Inn: Minnie, Max (Goofys son), Rafiki, Captain Hook, Suzy, Perla, Tigger, Pooh, Eeyore, Fairy Godmother

That's ridiculous that 3 of the same characters appear at both GK and Storytellers! We would do both if there was more variety.

That's ridiculous that 3 of the same characters appear at both GK and Storytellers! We would do both if there was more variety.

I completely agree!! :) But, I also think Chip & Dale are regulars at Minnie & Friends, too!

I completely agree!! :) But, I also think Chip & Dale are regulars at Minnie & Friends, too!

I love Chip and Dale. But honestly, having both of them at one character meal is more than enough. Having them account for 6 of the characters at the limited number of character meals at DLR is just too much.

They are usually at the Plaza Inn (Minnies Breakfast) We saw Chip when we arrived at breakfast but neither he nor Dale (We didn't see him at all) came back after their break so we didn't meet them.

Are the prices current from the first page? Specifically wanting to know about Minnie's Character breakfast.
Thanks!

Are the prices current from the first page? Specifically wanting to know about Minnie's Character breakfast.
Thanks!
Prices on the page are from 2012. Your best bet is to call and tell them the approx date you are interested in and they can give you pricing, as prices change during the year. Peak pricing is in effect at Christmas, Spring break, and summer, and off peak the rest of the year. The price difference is about $5.

Just called... (Prices are rounded to nearest dollar.)

Plaza - Adults $34 / Kids 9 and under $19 (plus your tip)
Goofy's - Adults $44 / Kids $26
Surf's - Adults $44 / Kids $26
Storytellers - Adults $35 / Kids $20 (plus your tip)
Ariels - Adults $47 / Kids $28

DINNER
Goofy's Adults $50/Kids $29
Ariels Adults $51/Kids $30

Anyone willing to share a recent Ariel's Grotto experience? Debating booking for our upcoming trip. Who did you meet? Opinions on breakfast versus lunch? Thanks!

Anyone willing to share a recent Ariel's Grotto experience? Debating booking for our upcoming trip. Who did you meet? Opinions on breakfast versus lunch? Thanks!

We went in May of 2015, so about a year and half ago for DD's 8th birthday for lunch. Our waitress was wonderful and even brought our then 1 yo DS a plate of noodles for free, instead of having him "share a plate". However, the character interaction wasn't my favorite at all. It was very bland and not really "magical", even for my princess obsessed daughters. We had better interaction in the park. Food was pretty good, but not worth the money we spent (maybe I'm just cheap). We went back to DL/CA this past September and my kids had no interest in going back for the same reasons. However, if we go back to DL/CA, you can bet we will go back to the Plaza Inn for the Minnie and Friends breakfast--that was WONDERFUL and worth every penny in my opinion.

October 2016 and I can only echo the previous comment about interaction. Tiana remembered me from our earlier park meet, but that's about it. It was pretty much "hi princess, would you like a photo?", take photo, sign autograph, go.

I really like the Food though, the tri tip is one of my favorites in the park.

Agree with above posts. Nice to see Princesses but not the best interactions. While at Minnie's the characters are much more fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter