Character Meals Super Thread!!

While I appreciate disneyland daily, she gives over views, not really reviews. Positive spin on all the meals so hard to really compare. We’ve done Minnie’s twice-characters are fabulous, food is hotel free breakfast buffet quality IMO. Last time, we had a two year old with us and it was super sweet to watch her. I wouldn’t pay the prices again unless I had a character obsessed little one in tow...

yes she does overviews. I more like her because it’s very detailed info. The post I linked she included all the prices, who you are likely to see, etc. I think chracter meal reviews are very subjective. People who aren’t big on characters usually don’t find them worth it because it’s a very over priced buffet lol.

we really love the character interactions. But since our last trip I’ve had weight loss surgery. So I really have to think about the price now and it’s worth. But I look at those pictures I posted and none of them are of food.. so it’s hard to decide!

2 quick questions. I'd like to do a Character breakfast my first day there, which is Mothers Day, and I assume a day where my kids will wake up at 4 or 5 AM after flying out from the East Coast, and thus we may be able to do a meal and still make Rope Drop
  • If I book a 7AM (earliest reservation available) at one of the hotel character meals, do they actually start seating at 7AM? Or if I get there at like 6:50 will they seat us?
  • Can we make it into the parks by 8:00 open if we do a 7AM breakfast and eat at a normal pace? I'm not trying to hit PPF or something that being at the front is critical, just trying to hit a few things like Jungle Cruise or Pirates that will be much busier later, and take an extra shot at ROTR, so we only need to get inside.

They'll start seating at 7. We arrived 6:45 and doors at Paradise Pier restaurant were still close.

Do you want to see all characters? Then being at the parks by 8 would be a close call.

2 quick questions. I'd like to do a Character breakfast my first day there, which is Mothers Day, and I assume a day where my kids will wake up at 4 or 5 AM after flying out from the East Coast, and thus we may be able to do a meal and still make Rope Drop
  • If I book a 7AM (earliest reservation available) at one of the hotel character meals, do they actually start seating at 7AM? Or if I get there at like 6:50 will they seat us?
  • Can we make it into the parks by 8:00 open if we do a 7AM breakfast and eat at a normal pace? I'm not trying to hit PPF or something that being at the front is critical, just trying to hit a few things like Jungle Cruise or Pirates that will be much busier later, and take an extra shot at ROTR, so we only need to get inside.
To insure we see all the characters of the CB, we always allow 1.5 hours.
If you do a CB at one of the hotels you will need to go through security to enter the DTD- Esplanade areas.

We like to book 9:40 CB at the Plaza Inn on our Magic Morning. This gives us time to enjoy a few rides before breakfast.

I doubt they would start seating earlier. In my opinion, I would not waste the money on a character meal if you are going to rush thru it. They usually allow 90 mins for the dining, and that is from seating time. Figure you will need 10 mins to walk to the gate, and the lines to enter would be probably 15-20. Realistically, you are allowing yourself less than 20 mins to eat and see any characters.

They'll start seating at 7. We arrived 6:45 and doors at Paradise Pier restaurant were still close.

Do you want to see all characters? Then being at the parks by 8 would be a close call.
To insure we see all the characters of the CB, we always allow 1.5 hours.
If you do a CB at one of the hotels you will need to go through security to enter the DTD- Esplanade areas.

We like to book 9:40 CB at the Plaza Inn on our Magic Morning. This gives us time to enjoy a few rides before breakfast.
I doubt they would start seating earlier. In my opinion, I would not waste the money on a character meal if you are going to rush thru it. They usually allow 90 mins for the dining, and that is from seating time. Figure you will need 10 mins to walk to the gate, and the lines to enter would be probably 15-20. Realistically, you are allowing yourself less than 20 mins to eat and see any characters.
Thank you all, very helpful. I’ll come up with another plan, perhaps a character dinner. While I don’t mind being expedient, I absolutely do not want to rush for all the reasons you have all outlined.

Why not book a character meal at Plaza Inn? It's in the park, loads of characters, and you get in on time for the meal for sure. That way, you're also in the park when you want to book for RotR.

Why not book a character meal at Plaza Inn? It's in the park, loads of characters, and you get in on time for the meal for sure. That way, you're also in the park when you want to book for RotR.
I like that idea, currently I’m assuming that on that day, they will not be offering meals PPO at Plaza Inn, as they aren’t for any 8 AM opening Sunday’s right now, but if that changes, I would be very interested in doing this.

I like that idea, currently I’m assuming that on that day, they will not be offering meals PPO at Plaza Inn, as they aren’t for any 8 AM opening Sunday’s right now, but if that changes, I would be very interested in doing this.
I just popped onto the app. On the 26th of April, I could get a Plaza Inn reservation at 8:10 am. I'm sure if you checked right at 7am on the day you can reserve, you'd get a reservation right around the time you want.

I just popped onto the app. On the 26th of April, I could get a Plaza Inn reservation at 8:10 am. I'm sure if you checked right at 7am on the day you can reserve, you'd get a reservation right around the time you want.
The park opens at 8am that day. First reservation is 10 mins after opening. 810a will be the earliest.

Still, you're in, seated by 8:10, and don't have to worry about standing in longer lines later. I've done with an early breakfast before rope drop and it was just perfect.

I always like plaza inn around 1030-11. You use the early morning time when the park is the slowest to enjoy rides and things and then hit plaza in for a late breakfast/early lunch. We get granola bars and stuff to hold us over until then.

I always like plaza inn around 1030-11. You use the early morning time when the park is the slowest to enjoy rides and things and then hit plaza in for a late breakfast/early lunch. We get granola bars and stuff to hold us over until then.

We have 1040 Plaza Inn breakfast for this reason. Then we can pig out and not eat lunch. My only concern is when or if we got a BG, it would probably be at the same time as our meal.

Has anyone been to the Disney Princess Breakfast Adventures lately? I was thinking of going but our group is just adults. Is it worth it as adults? I heard that they also give you sparking wine, tote bag and chocolate as a gift. But what if you don't drink wine or eat chocolate? Have they ever substituted the gift?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter