Chantelle's Planning Journal-YCG/CG/Morrocco DP-AND WE'RE OFF!!!!!!!!

So tonight I completed one of the 12 Mickey Program fans I need to do before the wedding (only 3 weeks to go!!!) Here's a look at how it turned out.

Front

DSCN1451.jpg

Back

DSCN1450.jpg

They will look really good, but they are rather time consuming.

I love them...how did you do them?

I adore your TR!! Yes, how did you make the fans? They are fabulous! And I love your newsletter. I printed it out so I could show SIL.

More please!!

I'll try to take pictures of the fan making process when I am finishing up the last few this weekend.

So yesterday we met with the catholic preist to get the paperwork done for our second wedding/blessing and he started going off how we should be praying together and it is a sin not to go to church. This was fine, I respect that is his job to try and get us into church. But, then he continued to go on about how we should think about we are telling other people by getting married outside the church and that it shows that we don't really care about our marriage. It was all just too much and I broke down crying because he seemed somewhat arrogant about it and I am just so sick of being told how inconsiderate I have been of others in choosing to have a Disney wedding. My whole fricking wedding was really based on the fact that my mom was going to take our family to Disney after dad passed away and this was a way to ensure my siblings and I got that Disney vacation. Yes I love the idea of being married in Disney World, but I also wanted to give my brother and sisters a much deserved trip after all we have been through between losing my dad and now having a mother who seems to not care at all about any of us. I don't know...it was just too much for me to handle and it wasn't the first time people have told me I am ignorant for having the wedding in Florida when they really do not know the true reason I made that decision in the first place.

To top it off, I then had my dress fitting yesterday and my dress is nowhere near fitting. We leave in 8 days and I am really starting to freak out now. She took in the sides to try and get the bust area to fit better, but in doing so I can now barely zip up the dress in the back and I am ending up with a lovely fat bulge. Just what I need! She is going to try and take in the bust area and is going to let the sides back out so it will zip up in the back but I am still worried because of how intricate my dress is and I am afraid she might screw up the embroidery and beading. I guess we'll just have to wait and see when I am back there on tuesday. ACK!

Meanwhile, my poor groom is stressed out because our marriage license still isn't completed. Our fault for leaving it close to the last minute, but it is just another thing we don't need to worry about. I am sure it will work out fine, but I may need to turn into a bridezilla in the next week. I knew I was much too calm two weeks ago!

I'll try to take pictures of the fan making process when I am finishing up the last few this weekend.

So yesterday we met with the catholic preist to get the paperwork done for our second wedding/blessing and he started going off how we should be praying together and it is a sin not to go to church. This was fine, I respect that is his job to try and get us into church. But, then he continued to go on about how we should think about we are telling other people by getting married outside the church and that it shows that we don't really care about our marriage. It was all just too much and I broke down crying because he seemed somewhat arrogant about it and I am just so sick of being told how inconsiderate I have been of others in choosing to have a Disney wedding. My whole fricking wedding was really based on the fact that my mom was going to take our family to Disney after dad passed away and this was a way to ensure my siblings and I got that Disney vacation. Yes I love the idea of being married in Disney World, but I also wanted to give my brother and sisters a much deserved trip after all we have been through between losing my dad and now having a mother who seems to not care at all about any of us. I don't know...it was just too much for me to handle and it wasn't the first time people have told me I am ignorant for having the wedding in Florida when they really do not know the true reason I made that decision in the first place.

To top it off, I then had my dress fitting yesterday and my dress is nowhere near fitting. We leave in 8 days and I am really starting to freak out now. She took in the sides to try and get the bust area to fit better, but in doing so I can now barely zip up the dress in the back and I am ending up with a lovely fat bulge. Just what I need! She is going to try and take in the bust area and is going to let the sides back out so it will zip up in the back but I am still worried because of how intricate my dress is and I am afraid she might screw up the embroidery and beading. I guess we'll just have to wait and see when I am back there on tuesday. ACK!

Meanwhile, my poor groom is stressed out because our marriage license still isn't completed. Our fault for leaving it close to the last minute, but it is just another thing we don't need to worry about. I am sure it will work out fine, but I may need to turn into a bridezilla in the next week. I knew I was much too calm two weeks ago!

OK Chantell:

Time for a few DEEP breaths. Everything will be ok in the end. You know every wedding has to have a little drama. At least your wedding planner didn't leave you. I was one of Jennifer O'Leary's brides. Also, you mentioned in one of your previous posts that you wished you had Hobby Lobby, I found a link to their website so you can order things online. I know it may be to late for wedding stuff but maybe you can use it in the future. www.hobbylobby.com. I hope everything works out. I am sending a little pixie dust your way.

P.S. Your creations are SOOOO AWESOME. I bet you are great as a graphic designer

I just now read through your PJ. Everything looks so nice! I'm sorry to hear about your dress and priest issues. There's always something it seems. But I hope that everything works out for you. Once you get down to Orlando and feel the Disney magic everything will be worth it! Good luck and best wishes for your wedding pixiedust:

Yeah I am just frustrated about the dress thing because I have spent so much money on it and I want to make sure it looks and fits perfect. If all else fails I can wear a paper sack and I am sure my fiance wouldn't notice then difference.

Other then that, I am getting very excited because we finally got to pick out our puppy. I have decided on the name Bullini for her and I can't wait to pick her up once we are back from the wedding.

P1000446.jpg

P1000445.jpg

oh my gosh, how precious is she???!!! what a face!!!! :hug: best of luck!!

Michelle :cloud9:

ok Chantelle, so I posted about your adorable puppy BEFORE I read the rest of your PJ!!! you know, it's so easy to get stressed out about all these details but you need to take a deep breath....well, maybe a few :goodvibes

you and Curtis know why you're getting married at Disney - I think it's a wonderful sentiment and as someone who has lost close family members in the past year - we too are trying to incorporate as much as possible into our day. my stepson had let's just say interesting choices in music but hey, we're playing some of his music at our reception to honor him....and anyone who gasps at our choices - oh well! I'm sure all will turn out well with your gown and the marriage license- maybe not in the time span you hoped for but it will still be resolved!

in a few short days, you will be surrounded by the people who love you , marrying your sweetheart ..... plenty to smile about! and then you guys get to come home to Bullini!

chin up sweets! and remember, we're all here to chat with :grouphug: that's what disfriends are for!

Michelle :cloud9:

I hate that you are going through all of this so close to the big day. I know its hard to say this but try not to worry about things too much. Atleast things are happening now-- with a little bit of time to work it out- - and not the day of! I really hope that you get the dress how you want it in time. Maybe call the person doing your alterations and try to get them to hurry the process up so that just in case things arent right during the fitting-- you can get her to alter just before leaving.

About the priest-- im not Catholic but aparently you arent the only Catholic having trouble with people saying things about not getting married in a church. I hope things turn out for the best. In the end I dont think God really cares where you get married-- as long as you get married for the right reasons and keep Him in it. In the end..... is He really going to be nit picking about where you got married? No way! Or atleast thats my belief. Have a great day and vent a little to the one you love.... sometimes they are the onle ones who understand!

Hugs to you:hug: If I can do anything to help you let me know.

I wish there was something I/we could do for you! Just stay strong and keep going. When I first got married I chose to not get married in a church and it took some people a while to get over that. This is what you and your DF want to do...always remember this is your day! I hope things work out with the dress...I'm sure you'll look beautiful:bride:

I love your trip report. You are so creative!!! Your dress is beautiful, would you mind telling me which designer you got it from?

I'm sure that your alterations will turn out fine, hopefully sooner rather than later so that you can relax and enjoy the time between now and your wedding.

Hi Chantelle,
I love those luggage tags! Can you tell me how you got that design on them?

Thanks!

I made the design in adobe illustrator and saved each as a jpeg. By saving them as a jpeg it allowed me to upload them on the photoworks site as a picture.

I love your trip report. You are so creative!!! Your dress is beautiful, would you mind telling me which designer you got it from?

I'm sure that your alterations will turn out fine, hopefully sooner rather than later so that you can relax and enjoy the time between now and your wedding.

My dress is by Venus. Here is their website link to it:

http://venusbridal.com/cgi-bin/description.asp?dress=K2987&dressline=Venus

It is nothing what I thought I wanted, but I found it in the bridal shop and really liked it. I think it is mostly the color that drew me to it and I love the intricate embroidery and beadwork.

wow...you have really had a rough run!!:hug:

Just stay focused on you & DF & the reason your doing all this...to be his wife!!

Im sure the dress thing will work out....& no sacks! If the seamstress ruins it....get your money back & go shopping,,,,,but i hope that doesnt happen!

Im glad your stagette party was fun!! you looked like you had a great time & needed the fun.

Stay calm & know that we are here for you:goodvibes

Chantelle, finally caught up.

I'm sorry about all this:hug: But I just want you to know that you're not alone. I've had similar reactions from my friends and family who prejudge me about getting married at Disney. They'll laugh, make ridiculous comments or complain. i've learned to just suck it up and concentrate on being with my guy and my immediate family who does appreciate being there.

...some people are just haters:confused3
YOu looked so happy after your shower, those were great photos;)
I know it will turn out great for you, hang in there!!!

I have just finished reading your PJ and just want to say, no matter where you are, God is there with you. No where does it say that the only place that God is for a wedding is in the church.:goodvibes Be confident in your decision to have a Disney wedding and enjoy it! All will fall into place. Relax...take a deep breath...and enjoy the day. Something will not go according to plan, it always does, but don't worry. You'll remember all that went right about the wedding and in the end, you'l be "Mr & Mrs"! :bride: :groom:

:hug: God's Blessing on your life together! :hug:

Hey everyone,

Jumped on board here at the last minute...
Just like you all, I have really enjoyed reading Chantelle's planning journal and I love seeing all the great amazing ideas she comes up with.

Chantelle!! It is time to get excited here...I am sure your dress will fit and look amazing...but you are allowed to go bridezilla on the stupid seamstress.

Screw mom and everyone else that thinks you disney wedding is a stupid idea. I have been in love with ithe idea from the start and I am looking forward to not only your beautiful wedding, but also the time I get to spend with you and curtis, my soon to be bro-in-law.

We are going to get to do so many cool things in Disney because of you wedding and it truly will be a vacation will all remember.

Remeber, the people that really care, are the ones that are going to be there and have been on board with you from the start. We are the ones that are going to make sure that your wedding day is truly the magical event you wanted it to be!

Woo hoo...5 days to go! How very exciting for all of us involved.

I have to say, after Chantelle's long battle with this wedding, at this point it is time for it all to go right and for everything to fall into place and be truly magical...here's to the wedding of Chantelle's dreams! :yay:

Maidzilla, as I have been dubbed by Chantelle...

Chantelle....I just got though reading your planning journal...I just wanted to give you a hug:hug: I know you are close to leaving and I just wanted to tell you good luck with your family and I hope you have lots of pixie dust:wizard:!! I hope your family comes around especially since yall have been through so much (I can relate b/c my dad passed away recently and I dont have the best relationship with my mother)....Just remember it is your day and relax and enjoy it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter