Challenged Accepted! Our Year of Disney with a toddler 2/27 x2

Happy Birthday. pixie dust:

If I don't get back here before you leave, have an awesome trip!

Wow, it's amazing how fast these kiddos are growing up! And he has so much hair too! Very cute.

I hope you do TRs - no time limit on them after all. :goodvibes (Because, if there was, I'm sure I would have broken it with my giant gaps between updates in the past :rotfl:).

That's too bad about no February trip, but awesome about staying Deluxe! :thumbsup2

I have missed a few important holidays, so...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Birthday!

Welcome Home!

Merry Christmas!

and Happy New Year!!!

party:

We're here! This feels like a dream. About to nap in my super comfy Grand Floridian bed :)

Loved reading this post!!!

:goodvibes

I hope everyone had a great Christmas & a Happy New Year! I really want to do TRs for October & December but I'm not sure if, or when. I have so much on my plate right now and if I start, I want to finish. I am editing pictures from December and did want to stop by to share this...

gardengrill1314_zpsbba71a4a.jpg

I cannot believe he is 29 months old! (9 months in the 2013 picture)

We are not going in February, it's just not in the cards for us unfortunately. We are definitely still on for July though. Originally we were planning on renting a pool house in Windsor Hills for July but we are absolutely definitely staying onsite Deluxe instead. :rolleyes1 After 4 onsite deluxe nights in December (4 you say, I thought you only had 3 booked at the GF? :confused3 ;)) it was absolutely necessary. I need to book something soon so I can book our 180+10 ADRs. Right now the park hours are only out until the week before we go. I hope our days are out before I have to start booking ADRs. I'm just booking something generic like a value room only to have an on site reservation. We know where we are going to stay but I'm waiting for discounts to come out before we figure out what category. I might end up doing the Expedia UK deal if nothing better comes along. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. I've been lurking TRs but I just am too lazy to reply as I'm always on my phone.

What a great pair of pictures. Can't believe how much Gavin has changed in such a short span of time! But good to know his fascination with Mickey has stayed constant.

I love that he has a fascination with the monorails. I totally get that!!

"What does the monorail say?" :rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear about your July trip and I hope we get some details and pictures from your October and December trips. But no pressure!!!

These kids grow up so fast, it's scary. Glad Gavin still loves Mickey, though!

I totally get what you mean about not wanting to stay anywhere else after doing a deluxe. It's hard to sacrifice that space and that proximity! ::yes::

Not sure what is more amazing - how fast the kids grow or how Mickey looks like he hasn't aged a bit! :rotfl:

Bummer about February but you definitely have to do what is best - worst thing would be to go and then spend the whole time while you are there worried that you shouldn't have gone, etc.

best of luck with the planning for July - do wish they would give more notice about park times, etc. ... like, if you want us to plan 180 days out give us the tools we need to do so!

Hey there Melissa! Back on the boards and checked in to get caught up with your TR. That's awesome that you have a July trip coming up.

Happy birthday!!! Hope y'all have a fantastic trip!!!

THank you!

Happy Birthday. pixie dust:

If I don't get back here before you leave, have an awesome trip!

THank you!

Love the picture, hope you had a great Christmas 2 months ago :)

Wow, it's amazing how fast these kiddos are growing up! And he has so much hair too! Very cute.

I hope you do TRs - no time limit on them after all. :goodvibes (Because, if there was, I'm sure I would have broken it with my giant gaps between updates in the past :rotfl:).

That's too bad about no February trip, but awesome about staying Deluxe! :thumbsup2

I know, right? I feel like it was just yesterday that I had a 9 month old in Disney World. That was 3 trips in the hopper ago. If you think that was a lot of hair you should see him now. (can't figure out how to add smilies. I clicked on it and nothing happened) I'm glad TR do not expire. I wasn't sure if I was going to do it at all for Oct and Dec but honestly I want the story for our records. I seriously don't know how you are juggling all your reports! You should get some sort of DIS award for that.

I have missed a few important holidays, so...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Birthday!

Welcome Home!

Merry Christmas!

and Happy New Year!!!

party:

Loved reading this post!!!

What a great pair of pictures. Can't believe how much Gavin has changed in such a short span of time! But good to know his fascination with Mickey has stayed constant.

I love that he has a fascination with the monorails. I totally get that!!

"What does the monorail say?" :rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear about your July trip and I hope we get some details and pictures from your October and December trips. But no pressure!!!

Thank you! the same to you (I might've missed your birthday too, lol) It's crazy how fast he has grown up but he does love Disney. I'm getting around to my trip reports very soon!! I'm not kidding, he talks about the monorail basically daily. We go through "What does the monorail say?" "What does the gold monorail say?" (his favorite) "what does the red monorail say?" you get the point. He's not your typical into all things that moves boy but he does love Disney transportation!

These kids grow up so fast, it's scary. Glad Gavin still loves Mickey, though!

I totally get what you mean about not wanting to stay anywhere else after doing a deluxe. It's hard to sacrifice that space and that proximity! ::yes::

I am really not a deluxe snob but an on property snob but after 2 great deluxe stays I just don't know... I'm glad we started out at values. If we started at a deluxe we would've never loved the values as much as we do (they are just SO Disney and will always have a place in my heart). I really hope Landon gets to see Mickey soon!

Not sure what is more amazing - how fast the kids grow or how Mickey looks like he hasn't aged a bit! :rotfl:

Bummer about February but you definitely have to do what is best - worst thing would be to go and then spend the whole time while you are there worried that you shouldn't have gone, etc.

best of luck with the planning for July - do wish they would give more notice about park times, etc. ... like, if you want us to plan 180 days out give us the tools we need to do so!

haha Mickey does not age. I must know his secrets! I went gray in a hot hot hurry after becoming a mom. I'm doomed!

February was a little bit of a bummer but we overdid it on our December trip. This is going to sound crazy but going to Disney 3 times within a year took a little bit of the magic away. I'm a little relieved February didn't come together. Besides, all that driving... this trip will be worth the wait!

We made July plans and then changed them all up. I'm happy with the way we reworked things. I'm still waiting to hear about the dessert party but other than that most of the planning is done until I can do FP+. The planning is part of the fun for me though but it's nice when everything comes together. Now hopefully they won't change park hours dramatically...

Hey there Melissa! Back on the boards and checked in to get caught up with your TR. That's awesome that you have a July trip coming up.

Hey Brenda welcome back to the DIS. You were missed!

can't figure out how to add smilies. I clicked on it and nothing happened
If you haven't figured it out yet, click the smilie face in the tool bar and a smilie menu (with 4 tabs) should pop up below the text box.

I wasn't sure if I was going to do it at all for Oct and Dec but honestly I want the story for our records. I seriously don't know how you are juggling all your reports! You should get some sort of DIS award for that.
That's why I do the TRs - I want to remember these trips! Ha, I don't know how I'm juggling them either. Certainly not well enough to win any awards. But I definitely have a commitment to getting them done, however long it may take.

Glad you are continuing! I just cannot get over what a "big kid" Gavin is now! What happened to our itty bitty babies?! Glad your travel day went okay, except for the extra-long lunch break and food that didn't agree with you. Looking forward to your Disney arrival!

If you haven't figured it out yet, click the smilie face in the tool bar and a smilie menu (with 4 tabs) should pop up below the text box.

That's why I do the TRs - I want to remember these trips! Ha, I don't know how I'm juggling them either. Certainly not well enough to win any awards. But I definitely have a commitment to getting them done, however long it may take.

Glad you are continuing! I just cannot get over what a "big kid" Gavin is now! What happened to our itty bitty babies?! Glad your travel day went okay, except for the extra-long lunch break and food that didn't agree with you. Looking forward to your Disney arrival!

Thank you! I guess I was doing something wrong.

I can't get over it either. I stare at him every day wondering what happened to my little baby. I am glad he still lets me rock him to sleep for his nap and and mostly still before bed too. It makes me a little sad to hear "ready to go in my bed!" It just happened so fast!

I do like watching Gavin and Izzy and all other the other Dis babies growing up through all these Disney trips!

Joining in.

Gavin is so cute.

Thank you!!

5 MINUTES AHEAD OF SCHEDULE!
Yay! Way to go! :cheer2:

So staying there was sort of a dream come true.
Aw, that's sweet. Funny to think how exciting staying at a value is when you've never stayed on-site. I remember our 2009 trip at Pop and how exciting it was to sleep on Disney property (vs. the Motel 6 when I was a kid...) And I love that, despite staying at and enjoying deluxe resorts, I feel totally good about staying at Pop sometimes too. And Sports and your room look really nice!

A king bed would've been nice but we made the 2 doubles work.
Yeah, it's so much easier to get around in the King rooms. I had a double at Pop in August and could barely get the stroller in the door without ramming the bed. Otherwise, it was fine, though.

Gavin loved the light switches on the headboard at his level, the alarm clock, and the fridge. :)
Of course. Toddler playground. :rotfl:

I do like watching Gavin and Izzy and all other the other Dis babies growing up through all these Disney trips!
Me too. Pretty soon they'll all be "Disney kids" who need tickets and such nonsense. :sad2:

Yay to leaving 5 minutes earlier than planned. I am glad your room was ready so Gavin could have a nap. Sounds like your first day was a success.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter