• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Challenge idea: 1000 minutes of exercise in August

CruisingCA2005

<font color=purple>Loves Nut Goodies!<br><font col
I saw on another board that a group of people challenged themselves to exercise 1000 minutes (16.67 hours) in July. Since there's 31 days in August, that equates to a little over 32 minutes of exercise a day.

I'm going to start keeping track of the minutes I exercise in my journal starting on Sunday (August 1st) but if anyone else wants to challenge themselves also, I'll be happy to keep track of the minutes in this thread.

If you want a different goal, let me know!

Once you reach your goal, feel free to use this clippie that I just made:
wishchallenge.gif

Once you have joined the 50% club, feel free to use this clippie:
wishchallenge50.gif

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td><div align="center"><strong><font color="#336666">Name</font></strong></div></td> <td><div align="center"><strong><font color="#336666">Goal</font></strong></div></td> <td><div align="center"><strong><font color="#336666">Min. Exercised</font></strong></div></td> <td><div align="center"><strong><font color="#336666">Min. to Goal</font></strong></div></td><td><div align="center"><strong><font color="#336666">Notes:</font></strong></div></td></tr><tr> <td>AuroraluvsPhillip</td><td><div align="center">750</div></td><td><div align="center">119</div></td><td><div align="center">631</div></td><td> </td></tr><tr><td>Bubie2.5</td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">0</div></td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td> </td></tr> <tr><td>Catherine</td><td><div align="center">3000</div></td><td><div align="center">3090</div></td><td><div align="center">0</div></td><td>Catherine has the highest number of minutes recorded for August!</td></tr> <tr><td>Cheryl N. Wi</td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">1005</div></td><td><div align="center">0</div></td><td>Cheryl N. Wi has reached her goal!</td></tr> <tr><td>CruisingCA2005</td><td><div align="center">1500</div></td><td><div align="center">1668</div></td><td><div align="center">0</div></td><td>I completed my goal of 1500 minutes!!</td></tr><tr><td>Debbie</td><td><div align="center">500</div></td><td><div align="center">443</div></td><td><div align="center">57</div></td><td>Debbie has reached her goal of 1000 minutes! She‘s working on her 2nd goal of 500 minutes.</td></tr><tr> <td>Decaff38</td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">805</div></td><td><div align="center">195</div></td><td> </td></tr><tr> <td>Desiree</td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">720</div></td><td><div align="center">280</div></td><td> </td></tr> <tr><td>DisneyEnthusiastic</td><td><div align="center">1250</div></td><td><div align="center">1420</div></td><td><div align="center">0</div></td><td>DisneyEnthusiastic has completed her goal of 1250 minutes!</td></tr><tr><td>DisneyGoof</td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">545</div></td><td><div align="center">455</div></td><td> </td></tr><tr><td>DoeWDW</td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">614</div></td><td><div align="center">386</div></td><td> </td></tr><tr> <td>Geetey</td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">0</div></td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td> </td></tr> <tr><td>July</td><td><div align="center">700</div></td><td><div align="center">869</div></td><td><div align="center">0</div></td><td>July has reached her goals of 1700 minutes!</td></tr><tr> <td>JustMe28</td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">1040</div></td><td><div align="center">0</div></td><td>JustMe28 has completed her goal of 1000 minutes!</td></tr> <tr><td>KayeandJim00</td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">0</div></td><td>Congratulations KayeandJim00</td></tr><tr> <td> KimRaye </td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">1129</div></td><td><div align="center">0</div></td><td>KimRaye has completed her goal of 1000 minutes</td></tr> <tr><td>LittleMissMickey</td><td><div align="center">1500</div></td><td><div align="center">40</div></td><td><div align="center">1460</div></td><td> </td> </tr><tr> <td>Lulu201</td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">792</div></td><td><div align="center">208</div></td><td> </td></tr><tr><td>Minniespal</td><td><div align="center">500</div></td><td><div align="center">540</div></td><td><div align="center">0</div></td><td>Minniespal her goal of 2700 minutes.</td></tr><tr><td>Mommykatt</td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">0</div></td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td> </td></tr><tr> <td>NancyK</td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">835</div></td><td><div align="center">165</div></td><td> </td></tr> <tr><td>Neverlandclub</td><td><div align="center">2000</div></td><td><div align="center">0</div></td><td><div align="center">2000</div></td><td> </td></tr><tr><td>NewHoliday</td><td><div align="center">500</div></td><td><div align="center">785</div></td><td><div align="center">0</div></td><td>NewHoliday has reached her goals of 2000 minutes. </td></tr><tr><td>Perfectmatch300</td><td><div align="center">500</div></td><td><div align="center">655</div></td><td><div align="center">0</div></td><td>PerfectMatch300 has completed her goals of 2000 minutes.</td></tr><tr><td>Princess Michelle</td><td><div align="center">2000</div></td><td><div align="center">715</div></td><td><div align="center">1285</div></td><td> </td></tr><tr> <td>PrincessVija</td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">20</div></td><td><div align="center">980</div></td><td> </td></tr> <tr> <td>SeptBride2002</td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">0</div></td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td> </td></tr> <tr><td>SetzKitten</td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">1075</div></td><td><div align="center">0</div></td><td>SetzKitten has completed her goal of 1000 minutes!</td></tr><tr> <td>Silver7</td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">865</div></td><td><div align="center">135</div></td><td> </td></tr> <tr> <td>sm4987</td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">0</div></td><td>SM4987 has completed her goal of 1000 minutes!</td></tr> <tr> <td>Tasha+Scott</td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">120</div></td><td><div align="center">880</div></td><td> </td></tr><tr> <td>Trola2</td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">250</div></td><td><div align="center">750</div></td><td> </td></tr> <tr> <td>WDWHound</td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">0</div></td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td> </td></tr> <tr> <td>Wiskband</td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">300</div></td><td><div align="center">700</div></td><td> </td></tr> <tr> <td>ZerasPride</td><td><div align="center">1000</div></td><td><div align="center">1007</div></td><td><div align="center">0</div></td><td>ZerasPride has completed her goal of 1000 minutes!</td></tr> <tr><td><b>Total Minutes</b></td><td><div align="center"><b>44000</b></div></td><td><div align="center"><b>30611</b></div><td><td><div align="center"> </div></td><td> </td></tr> <tr> <td><b>Total Hours</b></td><td><div align="center"><b>733.33</b></div></td><td><div align="center"><b>510.18</b></div></td><td><div align="center"> </div></td><td> </td></tr> </table>
Challengers who are at least half way to their goal will be in BLUE.
Challengers who have met their goal will be in RED.

Congratulations to DECAFF38, DESIREE, DISNEYGOOF, DOEWDW, LULU201, NANCYK, & SILVER7 who already over half way to their goals!!

Congratulations to CATHERINE, CHERYL N. WI, CRUISINGCA, DEBBIE, DISNEY ENTHUSIASTIC, JULY, JUSTME28, KAYEANDJIM00, KIMRAYE, MINNIESPAL, NEWHOLIDAY, PERFECTMATCH300, SETZ KITTEN, SM4987 & ZERASPRIDE who have met their goals!

Keep up the good work WISHers!!

This sounds like a great challenge idea. I'm not sure I can do 1000 minutes, though. I may join with a lower number of minutes - I'm still thinking about it!

Great idea!! :sunny:

Count me in. I normally do 280 minutes per week, so I should be able to pull it off.

I NEED THIS THREAD!
i havent exercise in about 2 months!!!!!!!!!!
I am with it......... count me in!

I will be gone august 15 till the 23 so leaves 8 days I am on vacation ]
Just wondering if I should consider walking in the parks as exercise?
I know it is but its not delibrate exercise you know?
As well as my job ( waitressing) so I am gonna make my exercise to be treadmill or actually, where I set time aside for exercising!
Ill do the math bump up my mintes so I can not have to exercise while on vaca..........
( I am tkaing kids without hubby so I cant jog while at disney...
thanks and great IDEA!

renee

Great idea Rae Ann! 1,000 is too low for me so I'm going to challenge myself to exercise 2,000 minutes in August. That will encourage me to make sure I get not only my daily workouts but also do something on the weekends too. Thanks for setting this up! I love the challenges, it makes it a lot of fun. :)

I'm in. If this doesn't get me moving...well, I'll keep looking.

I am trying to jump start the Couch to 5K, but this will make me walk on the off days, maybe making it easier to get the walk/runs in on the program days.

Thanks!

Im in but Im trying for 1500mins

60mins for 20days would be 1200mins but I really dont need to take off 11days
60mins for 30days would be 1800 but I need to be realistic and consider we may have a few rainy days
on the days Im away I'll still get my walking done

That sounds great Newholiday. I think I'll change my goal minutes too. I'll be adding you to our list in a minute....

Wiskband - I think you should count walking in the parks as exercise. You could easily walk 3-4 miles a day!! Just estimate how many minutes of continuous walking that you've done for the day (i.e. 5 minutes for walking from the front gate to get a fast pass at It's Tough to be a Bug + 5 minutes to walk to Kali River Rapids, etc.) I'm sure it'll add up quickly!

Add me to the list, Rae Ann! I'll do 1000 minutes of exercise in August! Onward and downward!!

This is a neat idea! I need all the extrinsic motivation I can find, and a clippie may well be motivating enough! Count me in for 1500 minutes of exercise in August.

Thanks!
Ashley:wave2:

Well, Rae Ann, I think you know I can't resist a challenge! You also know my love for the clippies! Nothing motivates me more than those 2 things combined...so you can definitely count me in for 1000 min. in Aug. I will aim for more if possible, but I am going to be realistic. 1000 is a good starting goal for me. I think we should do a challenge like this every month. It would probably motivate most of us to stay on track every month. Good luck everybody!

Count me in for this one! I'm going to start with a goal of 1500 minutes. I currently do a lot of my exercise goals by distance covered, especially my lap swimming in the pool, so it should be interesting to see how it turns out when I start measuring by time.
It will be good for me to do this challenge in Aug because we'll be tied up in the design center getting ready to start building or new house, so this will be good motivation for me to still get out & exercise. Thanks for strating the challenge!

This is a great challenge, just what I need to get myself motivated again, so thanks for coming up with this Rae Ann :hyper: I'm just going to stick with the 1000 minutes, and see how I do. I've been really busy recently with University, and doing my first nursing placement on a hospital ward, so exercising has taken a back seat! :eek:

This sounds like a fantastic challenege. Count me in. I have been doing so well with my exercise routine during July that I really want to continue it through August too. Count me in for 1500 hours.

This sounds like a fantastic challenege. Count me in. I have been doing so well with my exercise routine during July that I really want to continue it through August too. Count me in for 1500 hours.

:tongue: Alright Alright I can't stand it! I'll do it! Gosh darn it! I will be on vacation 2 of the weeks. Maybe this will keep me in the size 16 pants I have finally gotten in. Or maybe better :sunny: I can do it. Walks on the beach, swimming in the pool. I'll take some workout tapes. Oh and they have a treadmill and weights in there small very small excercise room.

Count me in for 1000 minutes.

July:wave2:

wow. what a great challenge. Count me in for a 1000!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter