Celebrity sightings @ Disney Parks

I don't think that's Paul Walker in that photo, I don't know who it is but I am pretty sure it's not Paul.

We saw Julie Andrews when she dedicated her carousel horse, that was really cool!!!! Our photos came out really horrible tho, they had weird lines in them and we could not figure out why.

We also saw Selma Blair (she was in Hellboy & Hellboy 2) while we were waiting for the girls to get off Space. DBF and I don't ride it every time so we were waiting by the photo counter, there's a place there you can sit and wait. We had a good view of the photo viewing station and she came down with a guy and her plaid, they found their pic, laughed and went back up the exit and rode again right away. Came down, looked at their photo and laughed, started to leave. DBF and I could not figure out who she was until she was walking past us, we didn't say anything or take any photos, we just smiled as she walked by, she smiled back at us and looked relieved that we didn't bug her. As she smiled I realized who she was and after she had passed us I said to DBF "OK I don't remember her name but she's the gal from Hellboy" and he agreed....LOL We meet quite a few celebs due to my work so we try not to approach them unless they look like they want to be approached. :)

I have a video from the mid-90s of Stevie Wonder riding the roller coaster in Toontown. :)

We also saw this guy doing some filming in November 2009. I have no idea who he is though.

IMG_0270-1.jpg

I'm about 90% sure it's a guy from "Make It or Break It" on ABC Family.

We've seen many celebrities at DL on various occasions.

Julie Andrews - 50th celebration festivities, I am a HUGE fan of hers. It was fun to see her in person.

Arnold Schwarzenegger - 50th

Nicolas Cage - I saw him and his family in the theatre in Innoventions during an ASIMO show.

Donny Osmond - we were in Critter Country, he was heading in to "Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh"

Jonas Brothers - filming of the Christmas parade

Corbin Bleu - filming of the Christmas parade

Miranda Cosgrove - Admittedly, I had no idea who she was. If you don't either, she's Carly from iCarly. We were in line in City Hall to fill out a compliment card when she and some friends entered. The girls in front of us started to squeal. (Seriously.) She was very sweet, taking photos and autographs. I asked someone who she was. Hehe, clearly not a regular viewer of pre-teen shows.

Neil Patrick Harris - He was filming something in Tomorrowland.

20-some odd kids from Slumdog Millionaire - they were all watching Fantasmic! in a large group

And then there was the Pirates of the Caribbean premiere day which was different from a "sighting" because Main Street was the red carpet and there were LOTS of celebrities to see that day, but a few I remember:
Johnny Depp
Orlando Bloom
Naomie Harris
Keith Richards
Teri Hatcher
Kobe Bryant
Roy Disney
John Voight

I'll dig up some pictures when I can get on the other computer.

Yep, everyone seems to love Disneyland,
Dreams

ETA: Whoah! I was just sitting here typing away from various memories at the Park. I never realized how many "known" people I've seen over my various Disneyland visits until this posted! I guess Disney really is for everyone!

Wow, you knew Bret Michaels? Thats awesome.

This past summer I saw Cheap Trick, Poison and Def Leopard in concert. Poison sounded the best by far.

Thats a pretty cool Disneyland story you got there.

I used to know him. I used to work for Bret and Poison back in the day. And they were a lot of fun to hang out with as well.

Up until Bret's recent string of bad luck with his health (starting with his accident at the Tony Awards last year), he had an autobiography that was scheduled to be released (it was all written and Simon and Schuster were about to put it out). At least a couple of my old photos were supposed to be in that book (I signed the photo release for them and everything). But with everything that has happened to Bret in the last year, the book was postponed again and again, because I assume he has to go in now and take out some stuff to add in new stuff about the most recent events (including "Celebrity Apprentice" and all that), so I have no idea what the fate of my photos will be, or if the book will ever see the light of day!

Anyway, on the Disneyland trip my friends and I made with Bret and a couple of other guys back in the '80s, at that time WDW was not what it is today. There was only MK and, I guess, Epcot. And Disneyland was just that. Disneyland. No California Adventure. Nothing else but the DLH. I recall Bret saying that Disneyland had more character and personality than the Magic Kingdom and that MK felt more sterile to him.

P.S. Love Cheap Trick and Def Leppard!!

I used to know him. I used to work for Bret and Poison back in the day. And they were a lot of fun to hang out with as well.

Up until Bret's recent string of bad luck with his health (starting with his accident at the Tony Awards last year), he had an autobiography that was scheduled to be released (it was all written and Simon and Schuster were about to put it out). At least a couple of my old photos were supposed to be in that book (I signed the photo release for them and everything). But with everything that has happened to Bret in the last year, the book was postponed again and again, because I assume he has to go in now and take out some stuff to add in new stuff about the most recent events (including "Celebrity Apprentice" and all that), so I have no idea what the fate of my photos will be, or if the book will ever see the light of day!

Anyway, on the Disneyland trip my friends and I made with Bret and a couple of other guys back in the '80s, at that time WDW was not what it is today. There was only MK and, I guess, Epcot. And Disneyland was just that. Disneyland. No California Adventure. Nothing else but the DLH. I recall Bret saying that Disneyland had more character and personality than the Magic Kingdom and that MK felt more sterile to him.

P.S. Love Cheap Trick and Def Leppard!![/QUOTE]

So do I but on that particular evening Poison stole the show. I'm not real big on 80's "hair bands" but DL and Poiosn were two that I really did like. I had almost fogotten how many great songs Poison had till that concert.

We have seen several as well. We saw Pam Anderson with her family and we saw one of the ice skaters, Not Kristi Yamaguchi but the other gal that was famous around the same time. Michelle Kwan? I can't remember for sure but she was there taping a commercial or some type of spot.

We also walked past Jerry Rice and dh saw some guy from the Kansas city Chiefs.

Then last year we spotted Jon Favreau from Iron Man, Friends etc at Fantasmic and we saw Breckin Meyer in World of Disney.

We also ran into Tito Ortiz at the airport and my girls got a pic with him and we saw Ed Norton and his wife I think Christy Turlington and their family waiting for a plane at John Wayne.

So quite a few. :)

Only got pics of Pam from a far and Michelle and then the pic with Tito. The rest we just saw but weren't able to snap any pics. :)

I saw sig hanson from deadliest catch there last time. he was there with his son doing a crab cooking show (what else) for the food and wine festival.

The only celeb Ive seen was Dustin Diamond. lol Screech from Saved by the bell. I know, not a big deal but thats all I got folks. lol :rotfl:

LOL!!! I saw Screech at Disneyland, too! It was a really long time ago, though. My friends and I got his autograph. lol I did see Simon Curtis (Royce from the Nickelodeon movie, Specktacular!) at DCA. I had no idea who he was. My friend actually recognized him and was nervous about approaching him, but he was very friendly and took pics with us.

I've only seen two:

About 3-4 years ago I saw George Lopez when I was getting on BTMRR. I was getting into his seat as he got out. I smiled and he smiled back, and nodded his head at me. He was with his daughter- no entourage, no plaid. It was so fast I couldn't have gotten out my camera if I had wanted to! Later on I saw them again outside Splash. Nobody was bothering them, and this was at the height of his TV show, too.

Two years ago I saw Ashley Tisdale in DTD. She was walking with a very handsome young man. My friend noticed her first, and said, "Hey, isn't that Ashely Tisdale?" She was dressed all in white with very cute white boots. I knew it had to be her because regular people don't come to Disneyland dressed that way. :rotfl:

I saw a plaid hanging outside that shop by Soarin' a couple weeks ago, trying to look inconspicuous...just looking around, glancing this way and that... I went inside to see if there was anybody famous in there. Later I realized they were probably in the bathroom.

I just saw Taylor Swift in March in EPCOT in WDW. I quickly snapped this pic-- it is a blurry but being from PA i do not get many opportunities to see or photograph celebrities!!
IMG_2617.jpg

There were tons of celebs there for WOC. Unfortunately, we didn't see many.

But... we did walk past Jamie Lee Curtis, twice. The first time DH recognized her and I told him he was crazy. The second time we saw her, I had to admit defeat. :sad2: She was with a big group, and they were wearing fun hats and singing, having lots of fun. Neither time did I think to bust out the camera... I just kind of stood there.

Peter Facinelli walked right past us in the Esplanade, with his DD. I didn't know who it was until we got home and I had to find his picture through the WOC media event to confirm who it was.

Over the weekend, DH saw Allen Covert, one of Adam Sandler's friends that appears in a lot of Happy Madison movies.

The only reason we noticed any of them, was that they all had plaids with them. Otherwise, they would have all walked right past me.

I saw Teri Hatcher exiting Rock n Rollercoaster on June 17. I actually didn't even know it was her until someone told me, "Hey that's Teri Hatcher right there." I had just walked my husband and DD to the exit and was going down the hall exiting the gift shop when I looked up and she was literally right in front of me. It was raining out so I ran in towards the entrance of the ride and turned around to double check and sure enough it was definitely her. She was with a CM who was holding an umbrella for her and her daughter and another man were walking behind them. The cast member quickly walked them to a CM only section and they disappeared behind the scenes. Kind of cool. I don't even really like her, just kind of interesting to see.

I saw Diane Keaton - dressed like Annie Hall with hat - with what may have been a couple of grandkids with her about a year ago. She had a CM with her. A couple of folks stopped and said hi - she seemed like she was quite nice to them - then they got on BTMRR.

My folks saw Michael Jackson there in the 80s - they took a couple of pics - I'll have to see if I can get them. Think he was with a Make a Wish kid - he was going to ride Dumbo.

Then another time I saw someone dressed in a full burkha with a couple of very large body guards. You couldn't help notice them. Merlin happened to be walking by and we asked him about it - he said it was Michael Jackson and that he often came to the park like that!

My favorite sighting was also back in the 80s when the Muppets were filiming at the castle - Piggy and Gonzo were there in person!

I think the kids that were with Diane Keaton were her own. I know she has a couple of pre-teen or early teens--a boy and a girl I think.

we saw Wilmer Valderrama (Fez from 70's show and handy manny voice) saw him a couple of times around DCA park! didn't take a picture (told my husband he wasn't that important) lol

But I was happy I really wanted to see someone! lol

I have a video from the mid-90s of Stevie Wonder riding the roller coaster in Toontown. :)

I wonder if the people with him told him it was Space Mountain? :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Sorry, I was just reading this thread and could not resist. It's just a joke so don't go gettin all upset. I"m sure Stevie would laugh if he read it.

Last October during Halloween Ashlee Simpson was there with her family... sorry no photos :( and in June of 2008 Weird Al was in the Tiki Room with my family and I!:goodvibes

March 09 at The ohana restaurant in the poly at DW we saw Steve Young. I got to chat with his wife while out kids played together waiting for our names to be called. Then the ohana singer did a song for my husband Somewhere over the rainbow thanking him for his service in the military ( he just came back from Iraq at that time) And Steve Young came over to our table and shook my husband's hand.

Last Friday morning June 25th my daughter and I saw Anthony K. and Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers on the Story Book Land Canal Boats! It was pretty early and we were waiting in line when my daughter saw Anthony get on with his daughter. We were still in line when he got off and we saw that he was with Flea and his daughter. It was really exciting for us because we are pretty big RHCP fans. Anthony gave my daughter a little smile when he noticed that she recognized him. No one else in line knew who they were so we kept to ourselves so they could have fun with their kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter