• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Celeb spotting at WDW

Not sure if he is considered a celebrity, but I saw Michael Phelps right after he won the gold medals. He was in a car and it was a Michael Phelps parade in MK. Really underwhelming!!

When I was a College Program merchandise CP at MK, I rang up Brian Urlacker, and his family. I had no idea who he was, but he had a VIP guide, and my coworker told me who he was. I also saw Jeannie Garth. On my first trip to WDW with my daughter, I saw a guy who looked exactly like Doogie Howser MD. I told my friend, "hey that guy looks like doogie howser, and she said because that is him, neil patrick harris". He was at EPCOT scheduled to do the Candlelight that night.

My friend worked attractions and saw all types of celebraties. She said most celebraties were hard to reconginise because they weren't wearing much make up, and weren't dressed to the nines. Disney does a good job of making sure their famous guests have a great time, and are not mobbed by people.

Last Decemeber, I had just gotten off Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and I saw Trace Adkins standing around in the gift shop area. It was the same night that he was the narrator for the CP, so my DBF and I figured he'd brought his family over to HS afterwards to go on a few of the attractions. The thing that really surprised me when I saw him was how TALL that man is in real life!

I have been extremely fortunate seeing celebrities when I visit WDW. All four times I've been to WDW, I have run into Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Tigger, Ariel, Cinderella, Belle, Chip & Dale and many, many other famous celebrities. :lmao:

Sorry, I guess I"m one of those who would never notice a celebrity if I walked right into them. I watch very little tv, and don't care how the singer looks, it's the voice I like. I guess I just view celebrities as people who wake up on one side of the bed every morning, have to use the restroom like the rest of us, and put their pants, skirts, or whatever else they wear on one leg at a time. :goodvibes

(not flaming those who love looking for the "rich and famous").

My daughter is currently in the college program working at Hollywood Studios. She saw Celine Dion and Vanessa Hudgens last week at Hollywood Studios.

We saw Jim Furyk at Tony's in the MK our first year there! DH recognized him immediately. He was obviously enjoying a meal with family, but if it had been out on Main Street, I'm sure DH would have had to say hello. He is a big PGA fan!

I have been extremely fortunate seeing celebrities when I visit WDW. All four times I've been to WDW, I have run into Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Tigger, Ariel, Cinderella, Belle, Chip & Dale and many, many other famous celebrities. :lmao:

Sorry, I guess I"m one of those who would never notice a celebrity if I walked right into them. I watch very little tv, and don't care how the singer looks, it's the voice I like. I guess I just view celebrities as people who wake up on one side of the bed every morning, have to use the restroom like the rest of us, and put their pants, skirts, or whatever else they wear on one leg at a time. :goodvibes

(not flaming those who love looking for the "rich and famous").
I don't really think that anyone goes to WDW trying to spot celebs. Sightings just seem to happen.

No one is dehumanizing them... I know for sure that they are just people, as I'm the niece of one.

I don't really think that anyone goes to WDW trying to spot celebs. Sightings just seem to happen.

No one is dehumanizing them... I know for sure that they are just people, as I'm the niece of one.

Your right, I doubt anyone goes to WDW to see celebrities, athletes, and washed up sit-com actors/actresses; it just happens.

Guess I didn't state what I was saying very well. No offense to those who see celebrities and take notice. However, if you want to label with a word, dehumanizing of celebrities is not what I would call it, perhaps idolization would be the right word that many do. Again, not all, but many do.

We were at DHS for my 30th birthday a few years ago and we saw Frank Caliendo pushing a stroller. We saw him 2 different times that day. It was kinda' cool seeing him being just a regular guy since he's moderately famous, especially at that time. I wanted to get a pic with him, but didn't want to bother his family time together with his kid and wife/girlfriend. I know that has to be annoying for celebrities.

Jeff Gordon! :cool1:
It was huge to us. My DS is a huge Gordon fan and never thought he would ever meet him. But dreams really do come true. Cause while leave CRT one morning he was going in with his wife and daughter. Of course we were star struck and waited for him to come out lol. He took a pic with my kids who were just amazed. DS met his hero. He couldnt have been more pleasant to the crazy family stuttering while talking to him lol.

We were there Oct 2009 and were waiting in line to ride Tower of Terror and a female cast member said that Johnny Depp was there the day before and they tried to get him and his family to go to the front of the line so he didn't have to wait. She said that he refused and waited in lines with his fans, she said that he was very polite and signed autographs. I was impressed. I think that I would have fainted had I been in line with Johnny Depp. :)

Met Randy Orton (WWE wrestler) in the hallway and elevator at the Boardwalk Inn in November. Recognized him from the ton of ink on his arms and neck. My wife (who never watched wrestling) was wondering who the heck he was when I asked if I could take a picture with him. She thought I was doing it just because of all his tatoos and was worried that this huge guy would beat the carp out of me. :) He was really nice.

We were there Oct 2009 and were waiting in line to ride Tower of Terror and a female cast member said that Johnny Depp was there the day before and they tried to get him and his family to go to the front of the line so he didn't have to wait. She said that he refused and waited in lines with his fans, she said that he was very polite and signed autographs. I was impressed. I think that I would have fainted had I been in line with Johnny Depp. :)

O M G :worship::worship::worship::worship:

I WISH I saw him!! LOVE him :lovestruc

Does it count if they were doing a scheduled appearance?

We were staying at the Boardwalk a few years ago, and Mitchel Musso was there doing "The Summer of Cool" DD was actually in a Disney 365 commercial with him in it.

We also have seen many celebrities perform for the Christmas Day Parade. Miley/Hannah, Billy Ray Cyrus, we heard several others singing througout the day, but didn't want to give up any other vacation time to watch.

MM was super nice, he had a line for autographs. (scheduled) and just seemed like a nice kid.

Hayden Panattierre was staying at the Poly the same time we were end of April 2009 (she was hosting grad nights with Katy Perry).

Same trip, my husband was mistaken for Brett Favre numerous times. He was actually pestered in the restroom...at a STALL (or the manly term for one) as he tried to GO and the person kept whispering 'Brett, Brett, I know it's you'. It was creepy! But the rest of the people would just follow us around the parks or actually come up and ask him for an autograph or a picture. And he would set them straight. What's weird is that he might look a little like Brett Favre, but not that much!

I've only seen those artists at the Eat to the Beat concerts or the Candelight Processional. No one outside of scheduled WDW events.

My older son spotted Mick Foley (wrestler) and his two sons outside Haunted Mansion several years ago. I thought my older son was going to faint, lol! (I had no idea who he was.) He seemed like a great dad, playing with his children. He did acknowledge the fans who said something to him though.

Two years ago, my family is in Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch. I look over and there is a big table full of people with a guide and a couple of guys who looked familiar. Turns out, it was Joey Fatone and his family, plus Alfonso Ribeiro and his family. I was very cool in taking pictures with my cell phone, because I didn't want to make a scene and ruin their meal -- it was very cool!

Last December, I was in Epcot and walked by a lady who also looked familiar. I started not to say anything, but I asked her if she worked for Fox News. She held out her hand and said, "Yes, I'm Catherine Herridge." She was sooooo very nice! We chatted for a minute, and I did get my picture taken with her. She's a great mom -- she gave part of her liver to her young son several years ago, and my family sort of followed her story. Her son was there, playing and having a great time.

Later in the week, we were in MK, and my DH told me to look at a lady walking by herself in Fantasyland. He thought it looked like Pat Schroeder ( former Democrat Rep from Colorado). I wasn't sure, but when we got home, he discovered she lives in Celebration now -- it had to have been her!

Having said all of that . . . if I were to be in line with Johnny Depp, I'd be the one to faint.

Ok not sure if I'd really categorize these as stars, but they are on TV... LOL

In November 2009 during Jersey Week we saw Buddy Valastro from Cake Boss and his family at MK filming Cake Boss. We also saw Samantha Brown (more of a "star" to me!) filming a new Disney special at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter