• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Celeb spotting at WDW

brdlyleon

Born with Mickey ears!
I was just wondering if anyone out there has ever seen a celeb at Disney world, either in a parade, event, or otherwise? I've never seen anyone (other than Goofy;) ) there but I imagine they love to go just like us! So, share those stories! If you have pics, even better!

In 1991(?) I saw Harry Anderson (the judge from Night Court) at MGM Studios. And then later that night we sat right by him at The Adventurer's Club. Not a huge star, but my middle school-er self was pretty excited! :rotfl:

We saw John Stamos and Rebecca Romaine (sp?) in June of 1997 in Honey I Shrunk the Audience at Epcot. I hear he is a HUGE Disney fan.

I know John Stamos was there about 2 weeks ago. My cousin works the 'GMR' & he was in her group

In 1991(?) I saw Harry Anderson (the judge from Night Court) at MGM Studios. And then later that night we sat right by him at The Adventurer's Club. Not a huge star, but my middle school-er self was pretty excited! :rotfl:

whoa thats cool! lol idk who he is but hes on tv so cool!! haha

We saw John Stamos and Rebecca Romaine (sp?) in June of 1997 in Honey I Shrunk the Audience at Epcot. I hear he is a HUGE Disney fan.

whoa thats awesome!!! LOVE that hes a huge fan! lol very cool

Disneyland, quite often. WDW, not ever.

oh yeah def. i can imagine...who have you seen at DL?

I know John Stamos was there about 2 weeks ago. My cousin works the 'GMR' & he was in her group

oh whoa! i suppose he is a big fan! thats awesome!

We saw them too! I think it was my honeymoon though...so that would be 1999...they were actually doing a talk at the Beauty & the Beast Stage..

I was just wondering if anyone out there has ever seen a celeb at Disney world, either in a parade, event, or otherwise? I've never seen anyone (other than Goofy;) ) there but I imagine they love to go just like us! So, share those stories! If you have pics, even better!

Yah, lots of people have. If you do a search you will find many threads about celeb spotting.

I was three doors down from Mariah Carey at AKL last Dec. Not a pleasant experience. I don't care who you are the rules should apply to you. :(.

My BFF ran into Lindsay Lohan and her (then) GF Samantha whats-her-face at DLR. When I was little I saw Hulk Hogan at one of the parks and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar at MGM. Both of our sightings were totally underwhelming. :rotfl:

Not at WDW, but still funny...I literally bumped into Martha Stewart at a cheese shop in San Fran amd I was more interested in the cheese.

We were in a very short line for Snow Whites Scary Adverntures with Wynonna Judd years ago.

We also saw Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas last Thanksgiving at Epcot. Funny thing is I SWORE it was them to my DH and he told me no way that I was imagining things and then we got home and they were in People Magazine. Ha..score one for mom!

Last May, we were waiting in line @ Epcot to see the characters. Lee DeWyze walked in with his 2 friends. This was right after he won American Idol, and his parade @ DHS. No one really seemed to realize who he was except me, the nutty 42 yo snapping w/her cell phone camera-lol!! He was actually quite nice--I waved and gave him the :thumbsup2 I love American Idol :happytv:

One of my brothers-in-law is a name actor that is not an A-list star by any means, but has had a long and successful career in the entertainment industry. He's the kind of person who you probably don't know his name, but you might recognize him if you are a movie fan and are over 20 years old.

A few years ago, he was in the Orlando area to shoot a film and I asked my sister if they'd be going to WDW. She told me that he wouldn't go unless he could arrange with Disney to avoid lines and such. My response was basically for him to get over himself! (I had some DIS sensibilities before I found the DIS apparently.) You know, what makes him so special?

Then the next week we all met up closer to home and did a few local historical attractions. I was shocked--shocked I tell you!--at how many people picked him out so fast. In retrospect, at the time he had recently finished up a stint on a popular television program (that I didn't watch) and that probably had a lot to do with it.

My point of posting is to point out a little bit of the other side of a wee bit of fame. I'm sure it's cool to have people want to take their picture with you and sign stuff, but man that would definitely get old after even a short while. Those that do it enthusiastically--including him--are to be commended, IMO. But, I think a 60 minute wait in TSM would feel like 120+ in that case. I've seen a minor celeb or two around various parks, but for this reason all I do is give them a polite "hello" in passing, if anything at all.

Sorry, but I won't name him for privacy's sake, before you ask. :goodvibes

I've seen Elton John!

It's amazing that he was just walking through DHS and most people didn't even notice him.

I saw Sherri from the view, she was there with her son, we were waiting to go on TSM and they stopped the line to let them board, must be nice not having to wait on lines.:thumbsup2

We met Dwayne Johnson at Crystal Palace a couple years ago.

oh yeah def. i can imagine...who have you seen at DL?

We have seen Julie Andrews (they dedicated one of the King Arthur's Carousel horses to her and we were there for the ceremony), George Lopez (filming for his TV show, along with his mother and wife from the show), Terri Hatcher celebrating New Year's Eve with her daughter and friends, Michael Phelps, and a few others.

Here's some photos:
MarchApril08064.jpg

NewYearsEve2010014.jpg

Not me personally, but somebody I know saw Britney Spears with her kids at MK a couple of years ago. I would have fainted :O :D Love her.

Vincent D'Onofrio from Law and Order Criminal Intent with his kids. They were coming out of spaceship earth. He really does have a large swaggerish walk, like when he plays undercover odd people on the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter