• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Celeb spotting at WDW

Not sure if he is considered a celebrity, but I saw Michael Phelps right after he won the gold medals. He was in a car and it was a Michael Phelps parade in MK. Really underwhelming!!

LOL I was there that day! It was a great morning to hit all the big rides with no lines!! Everyone raced back to Main St. when they announced he was going to be in a parade and my family kept going towards Splash Mountain. We kept running from ride to ride hollering, "Thank you Michael Phelps!" LOL

We saw the entire Brady Bunch when they were there filming part of a special back in 2008. It was really weird to see them. We first thought we had seen Florence Henderson and thought "No way". But then there was Marsha Marsha Marsha and several of the other cast members. I have pics somewhere.

Over the years we have run into a few:

Ben Vereen (Chicken George in Roots and to numerous others to mention)
Pat Morita ( The Karate Kid)
Peter Graves ( Mission Impossible)
Larry Holmes (Boxer)

The best part was that we ran into them at the Beach Club where we
were staying. It was late at night in the lobby so there were not that
many people around. I only got a picture with Ben Vereen which is OK with
me since he is my favorite....

Back in the 2003 time frame (if I recall correctly), my family stood behind Mark McGwire and his family in line for KS over at Animal Kingdom. Nobody bothered him the entire time in the line and seemed to be able to move about the park without notice

In 2007, my daughter and I took a trip to Disneyland and we were in line for Monsters Inc, Mike and Sulley To The Rescue over at California Adventure and Carrie-Anne Moss and her daugher (maybe?) from the Matrix films was ushered into the attraction by a bunch of "Plaids".

Only two celebrity sightings that I have had in my days in the parks.

Does it count if they were doing a scheduled appearance?

We were staying at the Boardwalk a few years ago, and Mitchel Musso was there doing "The Summer of Cool" DD was actually in a Disney 365 commercial with him in it.

We also have seen many celebrities perform for the Christmas Day Parade. Miley/Hannah, Billy Ray Cyrus, we heard several others singing througout the day, but didn't want to give up any other vacation time to watch.

MM was super nice, he had a line for autographs. (scheduled) and just seemed like a nice kid.

Definitely so! I can imagine it being thrilling just to see anyone who is knwn.

I can imagine, like the other member was saying, that they're just people, which is true, but they are famous, so its just fun to see to see them.

We saw Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas and 2 kids when we went in Feb. '08. They must go there a lot after reading all the other people who have seen them at different times!!

Since you can't really plan to "run into" a celebrity, I've moved this thread from Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

We saw Roy Disney at the GF concierge lounge back in Nov 2006 I think it was. No pictures, but he was just sitting at the next table over eating his breakfast.

Not technically celebrities, but sort of well known - I saw the African Children's Choir in May 2009. They've performed alone and with Josh Groban on American Idol Gives Back and on The Ellen Show (again with Josh). They were in the Animal Kingdom going towards The Tree of Life.

Also, last May, there was a TV crew (I think?) one morning in MK, as several crew members were carrying cameras. I tried very subtly to snap a pic but didn't get very far as I got busted (the entire crew got a kick out of it). Other guests were pointing and wondering what was going on. I asked some of the other guests who had seen the crew and apparently CMs wouldn't (and I assume couldn't) tell, which is fair enough.

I've seen Elton John!

It's amazing that he was just walking through DHS and most people didn't even notice him.

:scared1::love:

OMGGGGGGG. I would have died! Elton and Disney at the same time? My life would have been complete. Haha.

I haven't seen anyone famous (or at least I don't think I have) while at WDW but...

I stayed at BC the same time Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon did. We met their bodyguard though, lol.. this was summer 2009

And I stayed at Renaissance Orlando Sea World Resort the same time Paula Abdul did... I didn't see her but my sister did... this was summer 2006 i think

A loooong time ago, we saw John Travolta eating dinner in Italy in Epcot. This was back before Look Who's Talking, and his career was sort of in a slump. My ex-dh spotted him across the room while we were eating. I am oblivious to spotting anyone! My mom loved him, and dragged me past his table to see if it was really him. She said she just needed to see his eye and she's know. :rotfl2: Sure enough, it was him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter