• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CDC Notifies States, Large Cities To Prepare For Vaccine Distribution As Soon As Late October

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m concerned that we’re starting to see the beginning of an increase in Wisconsin too. The case numbers/7-day average have been bouncing around the last several days and now we have a few days in a row of hospital increases too. :headache:

You kinda make it sound like it was a "you got what you deserved" thing but I don't really think you meant it to come off that way. I know from past conversations your area seems to be very different than other people's areas with respects to in-person learning (as in it was a much smaller percentage of people who wanted it in your area) so that may just be playing into your opinion.

But there are various places where transmission within schools remained a minimum. I think the poster was just expressing frustration not saying in-person was the problem and shouldn't have been available to begin with.

Thank you. Definitely not trying to place any blame or make it sound like a “you get what you pay for” as you say.
True, my school district and neighboring ones have a much smaller percentage of families wanting to go back to in-person compared to what I read online here and elsewhere. I do know that the in-person hybrid that started here very recently has similar checks, restrictions, and expectations of families and staff. But, given how some parents were pre-pandemic and the fact there are a proportion of parents less likely to maintain diligent COVID safety measures outside of school, I can’t imagine any school to be incident-free throughout a school year in this situation. That was my thought.

Welp...just like what I feared...

Soooo we were supposed to get 100K of J&J. Guess how much we're going to receive 16,500 doses out of 100,000.

You've got to be kidding me!? It does match up with the concerns about J&J not being able to meet their deadline. The state health department said "Johnson & Johnson vaccine supply has been delayed because of production issues. The company said it hopes to ship additional doses next month." Guys that was 100K people who could be vaccinated (and it would be used up). Now it's got to be split up so severely. The state health department did say "We’re not basing any of our planning on a continued high amount of J&J." so fingers crossed this opening up of phase 3/4 is still okay.

Apparently we're still getting "nearly 48,000 Pfizer vaccines, plus more than 38,000 doses to be used as booster shots. It will also get nearly 28,000 Moderna doses and just as many Moderna booster doses next week." But those will not go as far.

And I really am tired of the 'supply is coming' mantra so hopefully that is retired because history shows supply is coming until it doesn't.

Soooo we were supposed to get 100K of J&J. Guess how much we're going to receive 16,500 doses out of 100,000.

You've got to be kidding me!? It does match up with the concerns about J&J not being able to meet their deadline. The state health department said "Johnson & Johnson vaccine supply has been delayed because of production issues. The company said it hopes to ship additional doses next month." Guys that was 100K people who could be vaccinated (and it would be used up). Now it's got to be split up so severely. The state health department did say "We’re not basing any of our planning on a continued high amount of J&J." so fingers crossed this opening up of phase 3/4 is still okay.

Apparently we're still getting "nearly 48,000 Pfizer vaccines, plus more than 38,000 doses to be used as booster shots. It will also get nearly 28,000 Moderna doses and just as many Moderna booster doses next week." But those will not go as far.

And I really am tired of the 'supply is coming' mantra so hopefully that is retired because history shows supply is coming until it doesn't.

This is the company that sold baby powder that contained asbestos for decades. I'm not surprised.

I’m concerned that we’re starting to see the beginning of an increase in Wisconsin too. The case numbers/7-day average have been bouncing around the last several days and now we have a few days in a row of hospital increases too. :headache:
Here in MA, we had our highest Wednesday case number in 6 weeks, our highest % positive since February 10 and our third straight day of increasing hospitalizations today. We relaxed some restrictions on March 1 and the numbers seem to be reflecting that. Our vaccination numbers have improved a lot since our bumpy rollout and we have 30% of the state with one shot and 16% fully vaccinated and I had been hoping that would help stave off a significant increase in case and hospitalization numbers. Hopefully that will ultimately be the case but the recent trends here are not great. Anecdotally I am also once again hearing about a fair number of cases within my extended circle.

There does seem to be case increases in places with there B117 variant is predominate, but the vaccines are equally protective of that variant as it was during the trials on other variants. Combined w seroprevalance and increased vaccinations, these increases really have no way to became nearly as bad as previous ones, there just aren't as many bodies to infect. The faster the needles go into arms, however, the better and the quicker these flames can be put out.

There does seem to be case increases in places with there B117 variant is predominate, but the vaccines are equally protective of that variant as it was during the trials on other variants. Combined w seroprevalance and increased vaccinations, these increases really have no way to became nearly as bad as previous ones, there just aren't as many bodies to infect. The faster the needles go into arms, however, the better and the quicker these flames can be put out.

There is no known region where B117–or any other strain of concern—is documented as being the predominant strain in the US recently, yet.

Very curious. How, or where from, did you conclude that all the existing vaccines are performing equally in the general population as did in the trials in the US against the variants?

The majority of the US population have not been infected nor vaccinated yet, and the country is more open today than ever.

Last edited:
There is no known region where B117–or any other strain of concern—is documented as being the predominant strain in the US recently, yet.

Very curious. How, or where from, did you conclude that all the existing vaccines are performing equally in the general population as did in the trials in the US against the variants?

The majority of the US population have not been infected nor vaccinated yet, and the country is more open today than ever.

Here's some info on the variants.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/transmission/variant-cases.html

That’s what I was commenting about. There are less than 8,000 documented cases of the 3 major variants of concern. Total in the US. Obviously, there are more out there that haven’t been caught. But, statistically speaking, there’s zero chance of it being predominant anywhere.

The race is on to vaccinate as many people before these variants actually do represent a significant proportion of cases. Unlike what was claimed by the PP, the vaccines have shown to be less effective against variants in both clinical studies and observational reports in other countries.

That’s what I was commenting about. There are less than 8,000 documented cases of the 3 major variants of concern. Total in the US. Obviously, there are more out there that haven’t been caught. But, statistically speaking, there’s zero chance of it being predominant anywhere.

The race is on to vaccinate as many people before these variants actually do represent a significant proportion of cases. Unlike what was claimed by the PP, the vaccines have shown to be less effective against variants in both clinical studies and observational reports in other countries.

It will be. What we don’t know is how often these variants are being tested for. It didn’t take long for them to overwhelm the EU. Gotta keep up the vigilance.

Last edited:
It will be. What we don’t know is how often these variants are being tested for. It didn’t take long for them to overwhelm them EU. Gotta keep up the vigilance.

Genomic sequencing happens on a number of samples that are supposed to be representative of a region’s population. When a sample’s sequence is examined, they can tell if it’s one of the VOC (variants of concern). So, they can get an understanding of what % these variants make up cases.

Here in MA, we had our highest Wednesday case number in 6 weeks, our highest % positive since February 10 and our third straight day of increasing hospitalizations today. We relaxed some restrictions on March 1 and the numbers seem to be reflecting that. Our vaccination numbers have improved a lot since our bumpy rollout and we have 30% of the state with one shot and 16% fully vaccinated and I had been hoping that would help stave off a significant increase in case and hospitalization numbers. Hopefully that will ultimately be the case but the recent trends here are not great. Anecdotally I am also once again hearing about a fair number of cases within my extended circle.

We saw an increase in cases here in NJ over the last few weeks. Yesterday is down a bit compared to the previous Wednesday, so hopefully we're heading down, or at least plateauing. Why the increase in cases? I've heard it all....from the variants, to the state restrictions being eased, to increased positives due to high schools testing spring students athletes and finding more positives. Whatever the case may be, this virus continues to follow the same pattern. Cases go up, then hospitalizations....deaths, while much lower, may tick up a tiny bit too, even with vaccines on the rise. Not all seniors and compromised people have been vaccinated, and some are still going to die from this disease. You can see the slight uptick in our hospitalizations here....a graphic from the Governor's office.

Louisiana announced today that all adults are eligible starting Monday. The governor said he expects 150,000 doses next week, earlier than expected. The state is also going to “claw back” another 32,000 does that were not needed in nursing homes. Cases in New Orleans are at less than 1 percent, and has been for several weeks. Bring on Jazz fest and French quarter fest in October!

I am sorry to hear that and am frustrated too on your behalf! What a big let down. Hopefully Johnson & Johnson will still be coming your way in that total amount your state was expecting but that is just a big difference in what your state was expecting to get and what you're actually going to be getting.

Anyone else have their state announce they are getting less Johnson & Johnson this coming week than they were supposed to? It seems to be all over the place with some states getting a large amount and others not getting much at all, wonder how they are deciding how many to send a state's way when the production estimating didn't end up working out.

I am sorry to hear that and am frustrated too on your behalf! What a big let down. Hopefully Johnson & Johnson will still be coming your way in that total amount your state was expecting but that is just a big difference in what your state was expecting to get and what you're actually going to be getting.

Anyone else have their state announce they are getting less Johnson & Johnson this coming week than they were supposed to? It seems to be all over the place with some states getting a large amount and others not getting much at all, wonder how they are deciding how many to send a state's way when the production estimating didn't end up working out.

Same here in AZ. JnJ dropped the ball.

I don’t know about this week; honestly I haven’t heard a lot about J&J even though I know we’re getting some. But a few weeks ago, yes we were getting a lot less than we were promised.

The federal government have been for the most part allocating vaccines to states based on per capita. So, I assume they are continuing to do the same regardless of how much more or less that the manufacturers end up providing.

The federal government have been for the most part allocating vaccines to states based on per capita. So, I assume they are continuing to do the same regardless of how much more or less that the manufacturers end up providing.
That hasn’t always been true with the J&J though. There was a few weeks where other states were getting more than CA in actual doses. I have no idea if it’s been sorted out now.

Michigan is in some serious trouble.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/heal...michigan-heres-what-to-know-march-25-2021/#//

A friend of mine at UM Med is saying the hospitalized patients, more younger ones (40’s) these days, are generally sicker than during the previous wave back in ~January.
It’s not like MI is doing terrible wi the vaccinations. They’re about the national average. Hopefully, this will be a warning heeded by other states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter