CBR $75 Gift Card deal ending

I called my agent today and she got this message...

In an effort to continually improve the Guest experience, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. We recently announced exciting changes that will be made at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort at Walt Disney World® Resort beginning May 1, 2017-June 30, 2018.

Please note Guests who booked reservations at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort prior to March 19, 2017, for arrival May 1, 2017-June 30, 2018, will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card, per night/per room. The gift card will be delivered upon check-in and may be used at participating Walt Disney World Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations. This offer will not be available for reservations booked March 20, 2017 or after.

As a reminder, Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Banana Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post will be closed for refurbishment May 1, 2017-June 30, 2018. A variety of dining options available to your Clients for meals. Please note the following updates:

• An all-you-care-to-eat buffet offering will be available for breakfast and dinner.
  • A selection of grab-and-go meals will be available for purchase in three new island markets located in the Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique regions of the resort.
  • Additional a la carte offerings will be available at mobile food vending locations.
  • In-room dining will remain available, including pizza, sandwiches and pasta.
  • The feature pool—Fuentes del Morro Pool—and leisure pools will remain available.
  • Recreation activities and entertainment will also be available.

Well that stinks. But no surprise. I for sure would not book there without it.

One thing it does confirm is all the projections that Centertown would be complete end of December are wrong. That was clearly not going to happen given the size of the project. Now we know from Disney dates and this temporary eating will be for much longer.

AND we know that the construction a few feet away from the main pool will be much longer, and that will impact those who enjoy the resort during the day. Sure feel bad for those booking without knowledge.

This is so confusing because when the gift card announcement came out I asked my travel agent if my nights in December would qualify and she told me no. However there are several people on the boards that received an email from Disney saying they would get the gift card for their stay at the end of the year. This new information makes it sound like anyone staying after June will not get the cards. Sounds like cbr will have a mess on their hands.

This is so confusing because when the gift card announcement came out I asked my travel agent if my nights in December would qualify and she told me no. However there are several people on the boards that received an email from Disney saying they would get the gift card for their stay at the end of the year. This new information makes it sound like anyone staying after June will not get the cards. Sounds like cbr will have a mess on their hands.

It sounds to me like you're eligible for the gift cards since you've already booked. The email mentions June 2018. I would contact your travel agent as soon as possible.

It says June 2018, which you can't even book yet, so anybody already booked right now should get the gift card deal.

Just clicked the refurbishment link on disneyworld.com. Currently states "Beginning May 2017", no more mention through the end of the year or into next year. This seems very different from emails, official Disney site posts or TA information previously released. Should I book something just in case for December? It would be a room only, so not a huge cash outlay. Thoughts? Thanks. Didn't read the above TA announcement. Maybe I best book. I've always wanted to try CBR and this makes it comparable in price to a value.

Last edited:

Hmmm, I booked one night for my parents in November about 3 weeks ago and there is nothing in the booking about a gc. Will they still get it?

I was on the fence, but just went ahead & booked for our dates... I was holding off hoping for the June discounts to be released. I would not stay there if we don't get the GC's.

ETA: I did confirmation from my TA that this is ending 03/19

Last edited:
We were booked at Coronado Springs for November, however we switched to CBR a few weeks ago after hearing about the gift card. The GC is the ONLY reason we booked CBR, and I certainly wouldn't stay there paying full price. I'm curious how difficult it will be to get free dining here when it drops.

We already had a stay at pop booked In July but we needed to get there a day sooner. I was trying to decide between just stay the extra dat at pop or the first night at cbr. My guess and its just guess is they want to get rid of this offer before free dining so people have to chose to keep thier old reservation or make a new once with free dining. Above else suspect that?

Last edited:
My guess and its just guess is they want to get rid of this offer before free dining so people have to chose to keep thier old reservation or make a new once with free dining. Above else suspect that?

That could be... So you can't stack the discounts. If that's the case I won't be staying there, but will move to a room discount at a different resort. FD isn't typically offered during the dates we're going.

I am actually surprised that they are giving out gift cards for a resort under construction to new bookings. You know it's under construction when you book it! There is really nothing to compensate for.

Absolutely!!! Anyone who books going forward knows about the construction and they can find out how disruptive it will be with some research. If they still decided to book, why give a discount?

We already had a stay at pop booked In July but we needed to get there a day sooner. I was trying to decide between just soother day at pop or the guest night at cbr. My guess and its just guess is they want to get rid of this offer before free dining so people have to chose to keep thier old reservation or make a new once with free dining. Above else suspect that?
That's my guess. I think they want to include CBR in FD and don't want to give 2 discounts.

It's when you made your reservation, not when your trip is.

I guess it makes my decision to stick with Coronado easier. I currently have 21% off with my TA which is less of a savings than the the gift card deal, but I hate to pay rack rate. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

It's when you made your reservation, not when your trip is.

I booked in February. I think my TA is probably wrong but I misread the email and thought it meant the gift card would only be honored through this June when it's 2018.

It does make it seem that codes will be coming sooner than later. I can't call on a Monday because of work. Is there a problem with online booking three rooms individually on Disney's site? Would be nice if the site would let you book multiple rooms at once like Orbitz or Cheap tickets does. That's only if my AP gets me a better discount than the 21% I have now. We shall see

We already had a stay at pop booked In July but we needed to get there a day sooner. I was trying to decide between just stay the extra dat at pop or the first night at cbr. My guess and its just guess is they want to get rid of this offer before free dining so people have to chose to keep thier old reservation or make a new once with free dining. Above else suspect that?

Is it actually considered a new reservation when you add free dining or just a modification to an existing one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter