CBR $75 Gift Card deal ending

circus4u

DIS Veteran
I had to change my reservation for an upcoming trip. Changed it to the Carribean Beach Resort and while talking to reservations they told me that today is the last day to make a reservation at CBR AND get the $75 per day gift card. Reservations made, starting tomorrow, will not receive the gift card deal. So, if you have been on the fence about this resort, today is the last day to make your reservation.

Wow-I had assumed they had decided that the inconveniences warranted the GC for the duration.

I'm thinking they are going to have a hard time getting Guests to book there without the GC offer.

Agree. Until Centertown is complete the resort guests should either get the gift card or greatly discounted room. Not only is all the dining in a temporary setup but the construction is feet from the main pool, impacting those trying to enjoy their pool days.

The long term demolition and construction of the tower .... that will have to be handled like any other resort. And I imagine that will be take it or leave it. The fact they are doing two towers at two moderates .... kinda tells me they don't care, especially at CBR.

I had to change my reservation for an upcoming trip. Changed it to the Carribean Beach Resort and while talking to reservations they told me that today is the last day to make a reservation at CBR AND get the $75 per day gift card. Reservations made, starting tomorrow, will not receive the gift card deal. So, if you have been on the fence about this resort, today is the last day to make your reservation.
Strange, I was told a few days ago the Gift Card deal is going on for the rest of the Year?

And when Guests find out that other Guests staying at CBR the same time that they are are getting a GC and they are not,that is not going to go over good.

Yeah, there will be enough to find out that it will get ugly at the front desks as guests assume they too will receive. When will they ever learn that in their case it's not best to ask forgiveness later. OR this is just another phone CM fairy tale.

Strange, I was told a few days ago the Gift Card deal is going on for the rest of the Year?

AND the OP is saying reservations told her this ................... so we know what that means ................ we have a high chance it is just something the CM made up, maybe to get the room booked. Are they commission?

Yeah, there will be enough to find out that it will get ugly at the front desks as guests assume they too will receive. When will they ever learn that in their case it's not best to ask forgiveness later. OR this is just another phone CM fairy tale.

AND the OP is saying reservations told her this ................... so we know what that means ................ we have a high chance it is just something the CM made up, maybe to get the room booked. Are they commission?
I had already made the reservation and then asked about the gift card.

I had already made the reservation and then asked about the gift card.

Okay.

But I still don't believe most of what phone CMs tell you other than what the computer says for your reservation. This could be true but it would be a dumb move on their part.

I agree about it being a dumb move on their part, not saying they didn't say it but why would they miss the opportunity to not have anyone staying at a resort and it be empty. They are giving 75 dollars per night just so we could spend at Disney they are just recycling the money back to them. I have said earlier that dh and I would stay there along with our 21 and 17 year old we would just find another place to eat.

I agree it was likely misinformation by the phone CM, either unknowingly or intentionally as a sales tactic. Even though the OP made the reservation already, it still may prompt a sense of urgency if they were traveling with others, etc.

The only other thing I can think is that Disney is satisfied with the number of reservations made at CBR during the construction period and don't feel the need to entice others anymore by offering this gift card, which naturally is only costing them money. OR perhaps free dining or some other kind of room discount will be released soon and CBR will be eligible, so maybe they expect that to fill in any gaps there.

Okay.

But I still don't believe most of what phone CMs tell you other than what the computer says for your reservation. This could be true but it would be a dumb move on their part.

Totally agree, I have been told some very strange things by phone CMs, I tend not to believe most of what they say unfortunately.

My guess if the GC is ending is that at this point, Disney feel that people are making the choice to book there knowing that there is disruption, so they needn't bribe them to do so. Bookings are strong.

It is not mutually exclusive, right?
You can book today, for the rest of the year (or beyond). Get gift card.
You can book tomorrow for the rest of the year, don't get gift card.
It is possible, but is it true? Who knows??
Is it a good move? I don't think so, because either your vacation is severely impacted, or not - that has more to do with the dates of travel, not the date of booking.
If it IS true though it tells me they don't want to stack the gift card AND free dining, which will be released soon.
However, many people already stacked it on a bounce back free dining - so that's not fair either, is it?

I am actually surprised that they are giving out gift cards for a resort under construction to new bookings. You know it's under construction when you book it! There is really nothing to compensate for.

True, but I would guess the majority of people choosing to book there were at least partially swayed by the GC. If I were on the fence about staying there because of the construction, the gift card might push me towards CBR.

I am actually surprised that they are giving out gift cards for a resort under construction to new bookings. You know it's under construction when you book it! There is really nothing to compensate for.
Totally agree.

I think looking at this gift card like a discount has everything make the most sense. Via the GC, they have discouraged a lot of switching, and received new bookings. They feel they will make their capacity goals, so they are now ending discount for new bookings.

I called my agent today and she got this message...

In an effort to continually improve the Guest experience, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. We recently announced exciting changes that will be made at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort at Walt Disney World® Resort beginning May 1, 2017-June 30, 2018.

Please note Guests who booked reservations at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort prior to March 19, 2017, for arrival May 1, 2017-June 30, 2018, will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card, per night/per room. The gift card will be delivered upon check-in and may be used at participating Walt Disney World Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations. This offer will not be available for reservations booked March 20, 2017 or after.

As a reminder, Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Banana Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post will be closed for refurbishment May 1, 2017-June 30, 2018. A variety of dining options available to your Clients for meals. Please note the following updates:

• An all-you-care-to-eat buffet offering will be available for breakfast and dinner.
  • A selection of grab-and-go meals will be available for purchase in three new island markets located in the Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique regions of the resort.
  • Additional a la carte offerings will be available at mobile food vending locations.
  • In-room dining will remain available, including pizza, sandwiches and pasta.
  • The feature pool—Fuentes del Morro Pool—and leisure pools will remain available.
  • Recreation activities and entertainment will also be available.

If it were JUST the Food Court or JUST the Full Service or JUST the Merchandise Shop I would totally agree.

But this is all three-VERY different than just a Food Court refurb,etc.JMHO.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter