Casey's Corner BUT....

NYEmomma

DIS Veteran
My daughters and I love hot dogs. :love:

We're dying to go to Casey's Corner next month BUT there's a big problem in that DH can't eat hot dogs because they trigger migraines for him. And I know the menu is hot dogs or nothing, lol.

Can you guys think of a good plan for us that would work with the diet restrictions? I know the Tomorrowland Terrace is nearby but since it's seasonal, I doubt it'll be open. Anything else close that he can grab a burger and have dinner with us still?

Looks like there is loaded bbq pork slaw fries(limited time), bacon Mac and cheese fries, or chili cheese fries on Casey’s menu

Ah. I don’t see anything close by. If you’re further in the park, you could get CHH or cosmic rays on your way to Casey’s depending on which side of the park you’re in. Or the lunching pad has pulled pork.

We're dying to go to Casey's Corner next month BUT there's a big problem in that DH can't eat hot dogs because they trigger migraines for him. And I know the menu is hot dogs or nothing, lol.

Can you guys think of a good plan for us that would work with the diet restrictions? I know the Tomorrowland Terrace is nearby but since it's seasonal, I doubt it'll be open. Anything else close that he can grab a burger and have dinner with us still?

Agree with PP on Sleepy Hollow. It's the closest thing and easily transportable back to Casey's.

I believe they have a plant-based dog. I haven't had it, but I've had the protein they use, and it is really good!

Most QS locations are only a 5-15 minute walk from Casey's, especially Cosmic Ray. (They may not look close on the map, but they're close in real life.) Have your DH grab a meal and bring it over to Casey's. They won't mind.

Last edited:
Lots of other places with hot dogs, ideally with more diverse menus: Lunching Pad, Cosmic Ray's, Satu'li (yeah, yeah, I know - not in MK), Morimoto (ditto.)

We have a similar problem. Both my husband and daughter have sensitivies to nitrites and MSG which trigger migraines. I wish Disney had the same labeling for those issues as they do for the more common allergies. Hotdogs is an obvious offender, but other foods are always a crapshoot.

Last edited:
I would recommend Sleepy Hollow. It also has a hidden seating area which will work very well since seating near Casey's can be very hard to get.

You could look up the ingredients for the vegan version they serve, and see if there are any triggers in it. If not, I agree with others, Sleepy Hollow would be good. Also, you can have them leave off cheese if there is something else he would want like the bbq slaw fries, or plain chili fries.

Sleepy Hollow, Cosmic Rays, Columbia Harbor House....all fairly nearby and good alternatives.

Cosmic Ray's is a relatively close walk. You could bring in your food and sit in there since seating is so limited at Casey's.

I vote for Sleepy Hollow (their spicy chicken waffle sandwich is SO GOOD) but Cosmic Ray's is also a good spot with lots of options, so he'll definitely find something, and there's plenty of seating for the whole family.

I believe they have a plant-based dog. I haven't had it, but I've had the protein they use, and it is really good!

We will be trying Caseys for the first time this trip now that they have this. It's something I'm really looking forward to along with the Impossible Burger at AK.

If you are set on Casey's I would suggest Starbucks for a sandwich for your husband. At least those can be transported easily, and it is right there. The CS restaurants do not have "to go" containers, so you are traipsing through the park with food on a paper plate thing, and it is not always easy to do in the MK, That park can be tight on the main traffic areas.

We have done the divide and conquer thing when we have lunch, but not in the Mk. DHS? Yes that can work depending on where you choose. DAK? I would not. Epcot? Sure. Neve in teh MK for us.

If you do want to go to any of the Cosmic Rays or Peco Bill, etc, in MK I would bring something to help transport a meal back to Casey's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter