Cases rising or dropping by you?

Ohio had 3590 new cases in the last 24 hours...by far the highest daily total we have had so far. % positive at 6%. :(

Wisconsin: “Hold my beer!”

On a more serious note, the increase in hospitalization numbers in these affected states is staggering. Just statistically speaking, the spike in deaths will probably follow. And we’re not even into the holiday season just yet.

Another case record for Illinois, 6,353. 56 deaths, not a record. 83,056 tests, 7.7% positive. To think we were at 400 maybe back in August and I think under 3%. :(

Michigan is going the same way. I don't know whether to ascribe it to colder weather, which I think most experts expected would cause an uptick, or the overturning of the state emergency order. But in the four weeks since that decision threw our mask mandate and other mitigation efforts into chaos, our daily cases have doubled, positive percentage has doubled, and hospitalizations have tripled.

On the bright side, though, schools seem to be managing well. Much was made of the number of cases "linked to schools" topping 5000, but when you actually look at the numbers, the breakdown was something like 4800 at colleges and 250 at K-12 schools. The college numbers aren't great - that's about 1 case per 100 college students statewide - but the K-12 numbers are pretty remarkable. We have about 1.5 million K-12 students in the state and about 90% of districts offered in-person learning as an option for families, so to have just a few hundred cases is excellent. And anecdotally, the HS where my daughter takes her foreign language has had 4 cases so far, all one-offs that apparently contracted the virus elsewhere didn't pass it on to classmates or staff.

A new record cases today with some states left to do.
14 states over 2,000 cases. That's a record
31 states over 1,000 cases. That's a record.
And 3 more over 900 cases too.

We've set a new record 3 times this week.

Update: Final tally, 91,530. Shattering the old record.
33 states now over 1000 cases.
15 states over 2,000 new cases,
9 states over 3,000 new cases,
All three of these figures are records.
And 3 more states were over 900 as well.
This is a very wide increase and a very deep one as well.

Last edited:

The seven-day rolling average of new cases in Georgia has climbed about 42% since bottoming out Oct. 2, and current hospitalizations have started to climb after weeks of improvement, an Atlanta Journal-Constitution analysis of state data shows.

Our state is very diverse (New York), so I'll only speak of my own county in WNY. We do have the highest surge of cases now than any other time. However, a big key for us is that way more people are getting tested because of outbreaks in factories, adult homes, etc., so cases are being discovered now because of tracing hundreds of people who have no symptoms. So while I'm getting a bit nervous because of the uptick in cases around here, I'm also cautiously optimistic because people are getting better quicker and/or have no symptoms.

Another new record today, unfortunately. :( 3,845 today
6.2% positive. :( I don't understand how any counties didn't go purple yesterday??
US has now surpassed 9,000,000 cases.
Accelerated since last month—newest mil only took 14 days. Just wow!
1 mil April 28
2 mil June 10
3 mil July 7
4 mil July 23
5 mil Aug 8
6 mil Aug 30
7 mil Sept 25
8 mil Oct 15
9 mil Oct 29
Well if it make you feel any better, someone told me we're rounding the corner! 🙄

Wisconsin has over 20,000 new cases in the last 5 days, 1450 hospitalized, from JSonline:

Data pulled from Wisconsin residents' cell phones in recent weeks show people are out and about near the rates seen before the virus began to spread in the state.

Cool.

No clue? Somehow, my county (Cuyahoga) managed to go down on the indicators. Not sure how, with everything seemingly exploding with new cases.
Same county. My husband is a teacher and his district will go back to being fully remote if we go purple. I was watching the press conference expecting the purple announcement...not only are we not purple, we're not on the watchlist anymore. ?? Because we have "plateaued"? If we're doing the same as last week, how did we gown DOWN on the alert system?

I'm not rooting for us to go purple or anything (though I'd really prefer my husband be 100% remote because it seems safer), but I was confused by this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter