Cases rising or dropping by you?

We have 10 cases TOTAL in my county and about 1,100 State wide since this began. Currently we are the 4th best State for low covid cases. Our governor is the best - has done an amazing job and the residents of this state have also!
I want to move there. My governor is spineless

We are going up here. People are very resistant to the mandatory mask rule going into effect at 5pm today.

As for those who claim the numbers are only "up" because we are testing more...uh yeah. That's how it works. But WHY are we testing more? Are they randomly stopping people on the street to test them? NO. They are testing people who are either SICK and need to be tested or who have come into contact with someone who was positive.
That is not true everywhere though. In my area anybody can be tested and they are encouraging people to get tested as many times as they want, symptomatic or not. They are also doing target testing in communities where there are is a high population of multi family households. So yes, in our area testing was increased "just because".

That is not true everywhere though. In my area anybody can be tested and they are encouraging people to get tested as many times as they want, symptomatic or not. They are also doing target testing in communities where there are is a high population of multi family households. So yes, in our are testing was increased "just because".

Not here.

They are testing people who are either SICK and need to be tested or who have come into contact with someone who was positive.
Not necessarily true. As PP said, in my state, they're encouraging everyone to be tested. Our employees have to fill out a form daily in order to enter the building. If they answer "yes" to ANY symptom question, they're not allowed in the building until they get a negative test. "Fatigue" is one of the symptoms. A LOT of things can cause fatigue.

We are going up here. People are very resistant to the mandatory mask rule going into effect at 5pm today.

As for those who claim the numbers are only "up" because we are testing more...uh yeah. That's how it works. But WHY are we testing more? Are they randomly stopping people on the street to test them? NO. They are testing people who are either SICK and need to be tested or who have come into contact with someone who was positive.
Since states are responsible for getting their own testing, it differs. A month ago you had to be sick to get tested, now anyone can get tested. My family went just because.

"Fatigue" is one of the symptoms. A LOT of things can cause fatigue.
.....which I guess is why we are allowed into the cancer center for our treatment. Our front door reception tech changes everyday, after 30 days most of them have come to recognize me....and my fatigue...so I don't have to fatigue myself with the endless symptoms....

as of last night at 5:00 news....we had three ICU beds left.....YUma....April 1st safest place in USA for covid....but now that we see the family albums onTV ....we feel more at ease with covid

I want to move there. My governor is spineless
I'm wondering, if we have the same governor. Our local governments have been thrown to the wolves from the beginning. Even though things are bad here, at least they have tried to do their job. I respect that. Our state government has done nothing to protect us.

Last edited:
Florida is now asking young adults to get tested symptoms or no symptoms because they think that's where much of this increased spread is coming from. Hope that helps.

Florida is now asking young adults to get tested symptoms or no symptoms because they think that's where much of this increased spread is coming from. Hope that helps.

Not a bad idea. It is certainly one of the main sources of our local spike in cases.

Just heard that a projection has our county hospitalization rate to be over 50 people within the next 30 days. Doesn't sound bad until you know that we haven't had more than ONE person in the hospital at a time and a total of less than 10. We also didn't even hit 50 total cases until mid-June. This has gotten crazy . . . crazy scary.

Not a bad idea. It is certainly one of the main sources of our local spike in cases.

Just heard that a projection has our county hospitalization rate to be over 50 people within the next 30 days. Doesn't sound bad until you know that we haven't had more than ONE person in the hospital at a time and a total of less than 10. We also didn't even hit 50 total cases until mid-June. This has gotten crazy . . . crazy scary.

I think this is part of what makes this virus so dangerous.

It lurks below the surface simmering, maybe getting passed around in many younger social people but not a large number of severe hospitalized cases outside nursing homes. And that can go on for quite a while. Slowly building and then all of sudden it hits a number where the exponentials take off.

Now looking back at cases that were more recently confirmed to be 1 or 2 months earlier than initially thought possible in Wuhan, Milan, France, NYC, etc...

Those first areas hit had simmering in the background long before the problem became big enough to recognize, which also happens to be the same point where it gets very hard to reel back in.

Last edited:
It lurks below the surface simmering, maybe getting passed around in many younger social people

A local radio station does a show with a local doctor and the host & her son had to quarantine for 14 days because the son went to a end of school year party and one of the guests tested positive a couple days later. The host made a comment that makes complete sense to me - How can you tell teens & young adults they can't go to parties or hang out with their friends if the bars are open? Why is it okay for adult to go out to bars and socialize with friends (or strangers) but not okay for teens to do the same (minus the alcohol of course).

Once again I am very glad my daughters are adults and be mostly cautious.

I'm wondering, if we have the same governor. Our local governments have been thrown to the wolves from the beginning. Even though things are bad here, at least they have tried to do their job. I respect that. Our state government has done nothing to protect us.
I have Bill Lee. Yes, our local government was doing more than our state government, but now our county lawyers have advised that our local ordinances should be equal or less restrictive than state ordinances—if they are stricter they are afraid the county will be sued. You know...freedom 😐

I have Bill Lee. Yes, our local government was doing more than our state government, but now our county lawyers have advised that our local ordinances should be equal or less restrictive than state ordinances—if they are stricter they are afraid the county will be sued. You know...freedom 😐
Are they even allowed to be less strict? Our counties can only be MORE strict than the state (California).

Both the state and the county in my opinion went crazy when it came to opening and now we are paying the consequences with a large surge.

I’m not sure if they can actually be less restrictive,but the county mayor said equal to or less restrictive than the state. Though given the state guidance, it’s pretty much impossible to be less restrictive Since the state guidance is pretty lax and they aren’t enforcing anything.

We had been more restrictive, but they are going to abandon that. Phase 3 is supposed to start July 1 after another record day in the county and state.

so more testing is the reason more positives are showing....so what? Guess what, the death toll is rising again steeply too... it doesn't really matter WHY the positive cases are rising (whether it's more testing,or something else) what this higher test rate is visibly showing is that it's more prevalent than many people seem to think....and the end result is overfilled ICU again. And deaths. again, just the numbers- cdc site was showing for a couple of weeks a steady 450-800 covid deaths per day.... today it jumped to nearly 3,000. IN. ONE. DAY.
and this is old news, since they only compile daily reports based on previous reports,which are delayed.

so more testing is the reason more positives are showing....so what? Guess what, the death toll is rising again steeply too... it doesn't really matter WHY the positive cases are rising (whether it's more testing,or something else) what this higher test rate is visibly showing is that it's more prevalent than many people seem to think....and the end result is overfilled ICU again. And deaths. again, just the numbers- cdc site was showing for a couple of weeks a steady 450-800 covid deaths per day.... today it jumped to nearly 3,000. IN. ONE. DAY.
and this is old news, since they only compile daily reports based on previous reports,which are delayed.
something seems off with that 3,000 death number.
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/coronavirus-deaths-united-states-each-day-2020-n1177936
it looks like the anomaly came from new jersey. I wonder if it was backlogged information

Cases are skyrocketing here. Over 9500 new cases since yesterday in Florida. I just found out that a Gators restaurant and Jeremiah's Ice Cream, about three minutes from my home, have closed because employees tested positive. An employee also tested positive at a Publix in the Hamlin area. These establishments are all within minutes from WDW property.

I am very concerned about WDW reopening under these circumstances. Universal and Sea World have already reopened. If people start pouring into the area, it could become very bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter